South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Not quite the big temperature contrasts the Beeb talked about yesterday in today's forecast (here anyway)...touched nearly 21c here this morning compared to the 25c of yesterday and not much breeze to speak of. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Rain finally!! No where near enough but i'm just so happy to see some of the wet stuff.

I have a headache, usually an indicator of a storm in the near future but could just be wishful thinking!

It's felt really humid here at 20C and grey skies.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Rain finally!! No where near enough but i'm just so happy to see some of the wet stuff.

I have a headache, usually an indicator of a storm in the near future but could just be wishful thinking!

It's felt really humid here at 20C and grey skies.

Still dry as a bone here, really need some rain to make it here. 

• Like 1

spots of rain enough to give me that lovely rainy smell.  

• Like 1

I think we had rain just now about 15 mins ago but not sure if it was actually rain or it was windshield cleaner with the car in front of us ? 

Although the rain seemed heavy, it was short-lived, and has only amounted to 0.2mm - the minimum my weather station can measure.

No rain so far, felt reasonably pleasant this morning working outside but it's got progressively colder, more overcast and windy. 

Hot bath and jimjams!

• Like 2

Had a brief shower which I'm thankful for as it will hopefully knock some pollen out of the air, water the garden and give us the glorious Petrichor.

• Like 1

So then, this rain.................who's nicked it? Held off watering as I thought we were getting a splash n dash.

• Like 2

Still no rain here either, although forecast now says it will start over night, and last most of tomorrow. I guess we'll see. 

11 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Well the weather has turned here in the Surrey Hills. Cold and dreary by 8:45 tonight.

Yep it's definitely turned, by this evening, but still dry even now here in Dover. Where is that rain, even drizzle would help. 

1 hour ago, thunderpants said:

Some very light rain overnight but hardly noticable, temps dropped here under cloudy skies to 9.5c.

Yep, we had 0.00000001mm of rain.

Posted (edited)

All the expectation of rain and we got 3 attempts where the ground was just about covered with raindrops yesterday - the most rain occurred in the early hours of this morning. I am sure some areas got quite a bit and I swear I saw some lightening about 10pm looking south, but when i told the kids to watch out for more, I was let down and thought I must have been seeing things.

Edited by all weather
  • Like 1

Just a sprinkle of rain here.  If it was all collected into one location I doubt we had enought to fill a cup.

Gone very dull here at this moment but no rain although the radar indicates there is some around also the wind has picked up. Temps peaked here at 15.2c and currently 14.2c.

just cloudy and cool, suits me. Am in my joggers and loving it.

will need to do a thunderstorm dance however, not good being June and no storms forecast. 

• Like 1