South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Quite an active trough, by the looks of it 

C621D0F7-2D2E-4468-A6E7-038E860468CF.png

Not here on the coast!...just had some rain and that was it. Nice to see the weather can let you down just as much in late March as in winter. ?

• Sad 3
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Just now, Froze were the Days said:

Not here on the coast!...just had some rain and that was it. Nice to see the weather can let you down just as much in late March as in winter. ?

Just few spots of rain here too.

19 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

It’s too warm for any sustained snow now, 7°C across much of the region. Dew points were too high, too?

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

posted this on the storm & convection thread but I just had a heavy hail shower that has turned my garden in a little bit of a snow land 

64.jpg

65.jpg

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 8

In the sunshine we managed 6.2c and Dp went up to -3c,  but it has clouded over again and the temp is down to 5.7C and DP back to -4c. A few large flakes blowing in the gusty wind

We have a big mix here in Rye. It is mostly rain but then we get sleet then it goes to rain mixed in with big bits of snow, we have now just had hail for a  few minutes. Im sure thats our lot for winter and because of the current situation maybe that’s not such a bad thing. The BBC app today has said that no rain is due ALL DAY. I never really use apps anymore but keep them for days like today just to see what they say. It’s interesting to see how odd they can be.

• Like 1

Shame your not allowed to drive anywhere, as snow probably falling at high level over the downs, feels colder than the whole of winter gone. 

Morning all,

A hefty hail, rain and some snow falling in Southend at the moment and lots of wind...

Update - now just rain.....

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals
update
  • Like 1

No snow or sleet yet this morning but there has definitely been a real increase in the wind here. It blew my tennis table over again. The last time it did that was during a microburst on the 27th August 2019.

Just wind here. Its been windy here for 12345678 years now.

• Like 2

Very raw wind to walk the dog this morning on quite busy pavements under mostly grey skies with the odd bit of sunshine. Caught the rain to sleet to a bit of snow to hail feature as it moved through this area, the only flakes to land on me all winter. I hope everyone is keeping well ?

• Like 1

Just had a sleet shower here in East Dene; large flakes, typical April weather really. Sun is back out now. Take care everyone.

• Like 1

A brief heavy graupel shower here in Tunbridge Wells, just enough to tint things white for a short time.

MM

Edited by Mr Maunder