Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Morning 

Woken to the sound of rain on the window this morning, currently 7.2c and 0.7mm of rain. Looking at the radar it shouldn’t last too long.

I see it’s meant to be drier the next few days...I even have the sunshine icon on the MO forecast for Monday - Wednesday!

Looked at the mod thread before bed last night - what are people’s thoughts on a possible cold spell? Think we might see a little late season snowfall?

• Like 1

Posted

I do not want a cold spell now, can’t think of anything worse, we’ve had months of wind and rain, now football has been postponed, easterly wind and possible snow when spring is supposed to start is just a kick in the teeth. I love cold and snow but want this in December/Jan/ Feb right now I want spring sunshine and pleasant conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Good morning Lottie. It is looking more and more likely that we will get a cold spell, starting around a weeks time. the usual shifts in models have been occurring but, all gravitating back to an Easterly push starting around the 22ndish.
It would be nice to see a bit of snow as its always a horrid thing when we do not get any for a whole Winter period.
I do hope it does not affect the spread of the Virus though, hopefully the opposite as it will keep people indoors more. Myself and my good Lady are currently in our 2nd day of Self isolation here. She fell ill on Thursday and so is stuck in the bedroom while i havnt caught it so far thankfully. I have COPD so my lungs would really struggle if i did catch it. We are both going stir crazy already her upstairs and me stuck in the lounge      

Stay safe everybody

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

@jasonuk I hope your wife feels better soon!

I just got soaked on the way to my voluntary job, by that fine rain that seems to get everything under the flipping sun wet. It’s not cold in the slightest though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

It’s attempting to brighten up here after some rain earlier, at least that vile wind is lighter. Hope everyone is ok and not too anxious about this virus. It is of more concern for older people that have certain serious underlying health issues. But for the rest of us, it shouldn’t cause anything too major. The media hype is getting out of hand, sadly. I am due to head back to Prague tomorrow but I don’t think I’ll be able to as the Czechs have closed their border and locked down. They are not allowing anyone in from the UK or letting their population out at all for 30 days. All schools are closed, now all shops, restaurants, sports halls and cinemas/theatres, apart from supermarkets. So it looks like I’ll be staying at my Mum’s for some time, while the other half is stuck in Prague for a month, working from home. 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
8 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s attempting to brighten up here after some rain earlier, at least that vile wind is lighter. Hope everyone is ok and not too anxious about this virus. It is of more concern for older people that have certain serious underlying health issues. But for the rest of us, it shouldn’t cause anything too major. The media hype is getting out of hand, sadly. I am due to head back to Prague tomorrow but I don’t think I’ll be able to as the Czechs have closed their border and locked down. They are not allowing anyone in from the UK or letting their population out at all for 30 days. All schools are closed, now all shops, restaurants, sports halls and cinemas/theatres, apart from supermarkets. So it looks like I’ll be staying at my Mum’s for some time, while the other half is stuck in Prague for a month, working from home. 

Sorry to hear you'll be away from your OH, this virus is putting distance between loved ones, it's awful. x

• Like 2

Posted
22 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

That’s awful to be separated. I guess the only consolation is that you’re able to stay with your mum during what could be a difficult time for her in the UK?

Drizzly and breezy here this morning. Currently 8c.

How is everyone doing? Everyone have enough food and essentials in?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
21 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

Sorry to hear you'll be away from your OH, this virus is putting distance between loved ones, it's awful. x

Thank you, it’s not great. Waiting to hear from work as I think most of us will be offered unpaid leave for some time, which I’ll take so I can go home! Hope you and your family are well

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, lottiekent said:

That’s awful to be separated. I guess the only consolation is that you’re able to stay with your mum during what could be a difficult time for her in the UK?

Drizzly and breezy here this morning. Currently 8c.

How is everyone doing? Everyone have enough food and essentials in?

Am with her now, we’ve done some shopping and she’s well stocked up for the foreseeable. The latest news about the over 70’s probably having to isolate for 4 months is mad, how is that going to work? Hope you and your family are ok?

Chucking it down here, depressing weather.

Posted

Sunshine ☀️ Lovely start to the day here, if chilly. Can get loads of washing out on the line, finally

• Like 3

Posted
15 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Am with her now, we’ve done some shopping and she’s well stocked up for the foreseeable. The latest news about the over 70’s probably having to isolate for 4 months is mad, how is that going to work? Hope you and your family are ok?

Chucking it down here, depressing weather.

I don’t think they’ve thought the whole 4 months thing through really, much like a lot of things.

We’re ok at the moment thank you - my company decided we should all work from home as of last week which is a bit odd to do having worked in an office the last 20 odd years! 

My daughters uni in north wales have decided to stop face to face teaching with immediate effect from today, so I’ve a nice 700 mile round trip to do later this week. They don’t want them back until September so she needs to bring all her bits back.

5.6c here sunny to start the week, at least it’s not raining

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Nice day out at fair light today, mainly to escape from all of this surreal coronavirus stuff... I always forget just how nice and tranquil this walk is.

4913A306-03DD-49F9-B764-AC1E7142D426.jpeg

B4C1F511-3124-4934-B0B0-9FA5648F42F6.jpeg

0BBA5E17-517F-4573-B8E8-4104BFBFEF02.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Stunning day here today and quite warm in the spring sunshine. We need more days like these to distract us from the C word. 

• Like 2

Posted

Had a little walk at lunchtime, just to the local park and back. Working from home can have its perks

Currently 2.6c here, despite the MO forecasting me a low of 5c overnight! 

223876A8-0073-4012-816B-6BD0AE876E65.jpeg

FEC22E51-AD10-431D-A451-D1B7DBBBE05C.jpeg

4449CFFA-9D4C-46BB-96D8-E8334E3155E3.jpeg

30E8C53C-928E-4513-B089-BFF2E173B25F.jpeg

61E15D0A-E909-43DA-8540-9060808F25FD.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Morning!   What's the weather like where you are?

Lovely and sunny here, will definitely get out for a walk in my lunch.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Nice and sunny In shoreham with a light breeze currently 10c, beautiful 

Edited by Freeze
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Lovely day here again just like yesterday, it gives me hope that we have hopefully reached the end of this dreaded winter progression and have finally reached our break from it all 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

started off sunny and not too chilly but now cloudy. 

• Like 1

Posted

Nice to start here but the grey grot has moved in, usual story  Feeling mild at 13°C. Been out shopping for my Mum, her town (Ashford, Middlesex) is busy, lots out and about, supermarkets very busy. Plenty of oldies out. Wouldn’t know there was all this stuff going on, here.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Got up to 11.5c here but the sea breeze kicked in and cooled things off again, but cloudier also compared to yesterday 

• Like 1

Posted

Started off sunny with some high cloud here again this morning, currently 9.2c though! Much warmer than recent mornings...

Forecast indicates a couple of cloudier days but (at the moment) looks like a few sunny and cool days coming up. If nothing else, I’m pleased with the forecast as I don’t know about you lot, but it really gives me a lift when it’s sunny..

• Like 3

Posted

12.5.c here - so nice to get up and not turn the heating on. Still grey though.

Social distancing here now but the past few days have been madness making sure various parents/step-parents/parents in law have what they need. My partner has pleaded with his boss to allow him to work from home (he has a desk job which can be 90% done on a laptop) but they've been told repeatedly all absence will be treated as annual leave, Some companies are really not doing all they can to stop the spread of this thing. 

• Like 5

Posted

Heading back to Prague today, managed to get some unpaid leave at work. Very hard to leave my Mum on her own. Have shopped a lot for her and she’s well supplied (without panic buying, of course), with friends nearby. Hope you all are ok, must be an anxious time for many. Some tips I’ve picked up recently are helping:

Boost the immune system by taking garlic capsules, cod liver oil and multi vitamins, where needed.

If you have an oil burner or aromatherapy diffuser, start diffusing eucalyptus essential oil for a couple of hours daily. It starts to kills airborne viruses within 10 minutes. Clove Bud essential oil also kills viruses but on contact with skin, so add a few drops to hand wash and hand creams for extra protection. Only a very few drops though as it’s very strong.

For an immunity ‘tea’, grate a small piece of fresh ginger, add boiling water and add lemon juice and honey, to taste. Very effective.

Virtual hugs to you all

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 5