South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Met Office have released rainfall charts for the winter. February is just crazy ? More rain to come, too. 

C5953094-15DE-4BDC-8E54-F1C4FF2C1597.jpeg

AB28B9F8-10E0-49C9-B7A9-30F6F795CF60.png

Crazy indeed!...I recorded my wettest February (just short of 70mm), so much for the QBO trending into an easterly phase!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Met Office have released rainfall charts for the winter. February is just crazy ? More rain to come, too. 

C5953094-15DE-4BDC-8E54-F1C4FF2C1597.jpeg

AB28B9F8-10E0-49C9-B7A9-30F6F795CF60.png

It’s the wettest February on record. 

Ground is saturated and local farmer is praying for a dry summer speaking with him today. Fingers crossed for a 2020 hot and dry summer. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Orange sky at night Shepherds errrrrrrmmmmm

Delight, it may well be a dry day tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Had 2 moderate showers this morning. Was outside with hubs sorting stuff and it didn't feel like i need a coat, there was some spring in that sun.

Gone cloudy now.

Almost thunderstorm season.?

• Like 3

Funny how nature responds to the weather.In what has been a mild winter it is worth mentioning that in this part of NW Kent temperatures have pretty much been about 7-9 degrees for about 80% of the time with only about 6 or 7 days hitting double figures in the last 3 months and half a dozen days being about 5 or 6 degrees.On the whole the daffodils have been a good couple weeks ahead, magnolia are starting to flower yet Camelias seem to be behind by a week or so.What has been missing is sunshine-is it me or has it been such a dull start to the year?remember by this time last year we had already had a mini heatwave in mid-late Feb where we hit 18 degrees and lovely warm sunshine.I really do crave for Spring now(I was lucky enough to see snow fall for 40 mins last Thursday although it didn’t settle) but I have a horrible feeling this horrible pattern of weather we seem to have been stuck in for the last 5 months has a bit further to go before we can get the bbq’s out!!

• Like 2

Some sleet is falling in the rain over parts of Luton and the surrounding areas

rain.png

9 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Looking for some warm sunshine now, snow can wait until next winter.

quite lass. I think it is a done deal now. 

Here's to the thunder i won't get either.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Dami said:

quite lass. I think it is a done deal now. 

Here's to the thunder i won't get either.

?

52 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Some sleet is falling in the rain over parts of Luton and the surrounding areas

rain.png

I just walked out of work wondering if I could see some flakes on way home over the tops

• Like 1

That system quite a bit further north than forecast. Another soggy morning. 6c. March certainly carrying on where February left off. Wet spring ahead i reckon. 

Screenshot_20200305_074519.jpg

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Like 3

Some sleet in the mix here with elevation up on the Sussex Downs.

Apart from some hail showers the first wintriness this Winter here( although technically Spring)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

That system quite a bit further north than forecast. Another soggy morning. 6c. March certainly carrying on where February left off. Wet spring ahead i reckon. 

It's not the first time the forecast for "southern counties" is a bit off to put it kindly. If you listened to BBC forecasters bleating how this would be a much better week last Sunday you'd be forgiven for wondering why this is possibly going to turn out the wettest week of all down here just without the wind.  

18 minutes ago, Kentish Man said:

It's not the first time the forecast for "southern counties" is a bit off to put it kindly. If you listened to BBC forecasters bleating how this would be a much better week last Sunday you'd be forgiven for wondering why this is possibly going to turn out the wettest week of all down here just without the wind.  

They ie MET etc just cant seem to get a handle on systems moving through the channel. Never have been able to. Very strange in this day and age. Just lmagine if the temps ans DPs were 6 degrees lower! ?

We were supposed to be on the periphery but its tracked about 20 miles further north so its lashing down here

sods law - on the periphery for rain & it goes North > predicted snow & it would have gone south.

5c & horrific out there

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Yep raining cats and dogs here, was expecting some on the North edge drizzle. 

• Like 1

Wrong forecast, last night forecast had this rain skirting along the channel coasts...so we now have another dreadful day to look forward to. The last 6 months seem like an ongoing meteorological nightmare!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Froze were the Days said:

Wrong forecast, last night forecast had this rain skirting along the channel coasts...so we now have another dreadful day to look forward to. The last 6 months seem like an ongoing meteorological nightmare!

So did this mornings on itv. 

Just now, Froze were the Days said:

Agreed! 

Bar the odd day, it's been raining with a constant wind since October! Really depressing and **** , I can't remember it being like this for many years ? 

• Like 3