Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

A mesocyclone moved approx NNW-SSE over my location in Clacton around 17.40. Was very surprised there was no funnel. Good rotation, lots of upwards motion. Just uploading a video to YouTube, will link shortly.

Some extremely heavy showers and thunderstorms over our region today. Ain’t no drought no more. Looks like the unsettled weather isn’t going anywhere, fast. Hopefully, it’ll be dry on Saturday as I’m helping a friend in Bracknell sort their garden out. At least the rain should make digging easier.

Edited by stainesbloke

21 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

My gut feeling too. 

All that worrying folk do when it’s drier than normal then in a blink of an eye the UK is under water with a very wet September. 

Thats why I always embrace dry weather living in the UK. Yet more torrential rain falling out there currently.  

Not according to Affinity water they send emails out last week warning of water shortages in the spring!

27 minutes ago, fujita5 said:

A mesocyclone moved approx NNW-SSE over my location in Clacton around 17.40. Was very surprised there was no funnel. Good rotation, lots of upwards motion. Just uploading a video to YouTube, will link shortly.

4 minutes ago, biddie said:

Not according to Affinity water they send emails out last week warning of water shortages in the spring!

More of a locale thing rather than nationally. 

Nothing from Anglian water infact their report on BBC Look East in spring, said they turned the water pumps off with no shortages present or imminent. 

23 minutes ago, biddie said:

I think that is because they never met their leak targets. And they most probably read the express about lack of rain in the forseeable future lol

The next round of storms split around us so nothing as dramatic as earlier but the lovely cloudscapes and hints of storminess aloft continued. 

IMG_20191001_184652.jpg

Very stormy here in the surrey hills, with about 30min off torrential rain. Cracking rumbles of thunder, and looks like some more to come before the end of the evening. Living at the top of a hill has its advantages, but I do worry about friends and family lower down! 

Yes a real lively day weather wise 2 shots in between the storms on Esher Common skies looked more tropical than autumnal today !

AE45380B-5A57-4417-AC5B-8FB7FB814CB9.jpeg

CD9E406B-B1D7-4BBF-AB03-13215F89C6A6.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

The next round of storms split around us so nothing as dramatic as earlier but the lovely cloudscapes and hints of storminess aloft continued. 

IMG_20191001_184652.jpg

Pouring with Rain here again in Lee but as Angela suggests above, a quick look at the Lightning Radar shows the sferics, are now dissipating.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Loads of very big puddles out there and Sainsbury's in Beaconsfield is closed due to flooding...and it's still raining.

I put my winter duvet on today but left the window in the bedroom open to air. So much rain came in that said duvet, duvet covers and sheet are now in the tumble drier😣

Some crazy skies today like something otherworldly, multiple deluges even a thunderstorm nothing mental... Rotherhithe PWS has seen 16mm today and I suspect they’ll be more to add to that total by midnight.

89312AAB-B824-4DE6-80C5-59825226BB04.thumb.jpeg.d172236535e3ffc8308353713fd238f0.jpegD5372A7C-B2A5-415F-AE65-38CECDF8D375.thumb.jpeg.0a9aff07fdcedf2abc51110b9561bae1.jpeg

crazy  weather  flooding  on roads  moonsoon   weather!!

IMO, just had the most torrential burst of Rain in this current spell, pass through Lee about 10 minutes ago.

No thunder heard though.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Pouring with Rain here again in Lee but as Angela suggests above, a quick look at the Lightning Radar shows the sferics, are now dissipating.

Regards,

I may have spoken too soon! Biblical, torrential, other 'als' rainstorms as we arrived for the lad's jujitsu class at Chessington Community College. Parents and kids were dripping their way through the building while mad footballers continued training on the astro turf. No thunder this time. The wind seems to be strengthening now. 

Screenshot_20191001_200536_com.netweather.stormradar.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker

Evening all,

It is all very quiet here in the Southend area a few splashes of rain but nothing as dramatic as some other folks have had

Cheers

FC

2 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

There is no way that the SE will have will have water shortages in spring, after all the channel lows and E'lys coming this winter with northern blocking sending the jet on a southerly track, the spring snow melt will give more than enough water.

Can we have that in writing? :angel:

Pretty remarkable the change in the last week grass looking healthy and green even during “2018 drought” the yellowing problem had rectified itself in August.

1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

Can we have that in writing? :angel:

Pretty remarkable the change in the last week grass looking healthy and green even during “2018 drought” the yellowing problem had rectified itself in August.

There will be no drought.

2 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

There is no way that the SE will have will have water shortages in spring, after all the channel lows and E'lys coming this winter with northern blocking sending the jet on a southerly track, the spring snow melt will give more than enough water.

25 years+ out of date

12 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

A terrific photo of an arcus cloud associated with a thunderstorm approaching Reading at 17.30 this afternoon.

6824317_ArcusfeatureReading01Oct2019.thumb.jpg.bfec2c88f47d42edef43c3f594948377.jpg

Photo courtesy of Simon Lee, Twitter @SimonLeeWx.

Amazing photo Malcolm. Saw a superb example of this type of  cloud in Chislehurst, Kent/London border, a few Years ago, as some thundery Weather moved up from the South Coast.

Regards,

Surprisingly gusty out there, but not too much rain and we had no thunder. Got that 'something's in the air' feel out there.

Really blowing out there. Ow and the rain is lashing down almost horizontally. Just saw someone go by failing miserably to try and keep an umbrella up. 34mm so far today.