South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Just now, bluearmy said:

Heavier precip arrived and now it’s just beginning to stick on the grass

534BEE36-8000-4F5C-9587-6ED54E0DA8D7.thumb.jpeg.c378af7fd4dba1a50900d13128b9b504.jpeg

Nice to see, its slim pickings for what we want though.

We want a frigid Europe come November and a big 1060 MB scandy high in place for December..

One can dream lol.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, danm said:

Snow properly coming down now in North London, however it’s pretty wet and nothing is settling.

Yes, surprised how heavy the snow is here in Chingford Dan.

But, as you say, nothing settling!

7 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

That moment: when you don’t have to lamppost watch ?

Oh not you again another winter getting the snow... ? Seem to recall you did brilliantly Dec 10th 2017.

• Like 1

Sleety snow in Fleet: that is, essentially sleet but with a dusting of light, fluffy flakes mingled amongst it. ?

Edit: Now it's snowy snow ?

Edited by Mizzle
9 minutes ago, daveinleices said:

Good lord, we have sleet in Shepherds Bush!

?

More snowflakes and less rain now - milder air moving away south judging by the increased reports of wintry stuff further south? Or something else at play?

• Like 1

Been snowing in Leighton buzzard for over an hour and a half. Calmed down a bit now but had half an hour of 50p sized flakes ?. Proves how bad its been this winter when a dusting on the grass is exciting lol

20200227_082521.jpg

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, daveinleices said:

More snowflakes and less rain now - milder air moving away south judging by the increased reports of wintry stuff further south? Or something else at play?

yes cold air digging south

• Like 1

What seems like some sort of icy, sleety stuff coming down a little in the rain now in Bromley, precipitation is so light though, I imagine with the colder air digging south I could be in for a shot of at least something if it gets heavy enough

• Like 1

Light rain/sleet here in Ipswich, temp and dew both dropping to something which is more conducive for snow but the precipitation isn’t heavy enough it seems 

1 minute ago, Snow Gazer said:

Has been snowing here (between Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds) since 7am, has been settling really well despite the wet ground. Here is a photo.....5FF92C96-248C-4350-B7CB-3EF68662A010.thumb.jpeg.49ecc37f877a914874ff07561a30b2ad.jpeg

Just 20 odd miles down the road and it couldn’t be more different. Few bigger flakes mixed in now though 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Nimbusman said:

Just 20 odd miles down the road and it couldn’t be more different. Few bigger flakes mixed in now though 

Hopefully it will move your way ? we have been snow starved since the Beast......fingers crossed you get your share, good luck! X

• Like 1