South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

9 minutes ago, NewEra21 said:

Unfortunately all of those heavy snow symbols from earlier for tomorrow, have now been replaced by heavy rain ones by the met office. Location near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

Looks like it's game over, not that it even started!

As predicted... Yep are u surprised? 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Just now, Snowfish2 said:

But it still means cold rain for you. Whichever way you look at it whilst areas further north will have snow. 

I’ll stick to the radar watch rather than look at apps 

2 hours ago, Hotspur61 said:

Its at times like these I wish the whole of the SE Region was a minimum of 250m asl and then marganilty wouldn’t come into question!!Tbh it looks like a miserable Thursday morning to me with some moderate bursts of rain for many but maybe those 200m asl May see a short lived covering.Then Friday and Saturday bring more spells of rain-Oh joy?

And heavy rain the storm on the 29th shows gust ls of 55mph plus 

48 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

If we don't get a lovely hot dry summer after this pathetic excuse for a winter then I will definitely throw a strop, lol!!! Not a great start to the new decade weather wise but maybe a bad blip before a corking decade to come?!??xx

I very much hope so (like I do every summer). Need a good dose of sun and warmth after this foul weather. Most of Europe has been in the same boat, too, if not as sopping wet as here.

• Like 2

Points+temperature on the rise over the region....we need a steady downclimb+ if that front advects any warmth it's game over.....with even highest elevations @risk!!!

tn_uk (2).png

tn_uk (1).png

Edited by tight isobar

I'm guessing there will be sleet/snow north of Hertfordshire, maybe around Cambridge area. There might be some back edge snow for us as the precipitation leaves. 

Hoping for a surprise or two though! ?️

Edited by Stabilo19

Here wind is wsw and temp and dp now heading up, its all on if there ends up being any easterly element later, plus I think it's early. 

It's too warm for any meaningful snow tonight, the end of the gfs run gives more hope, with a long fetch easterly setting in. If we had that scenario now and this low pressure engaging the dry continental air, then it would have been interesting! 

• Like 2

The rain has turned to sleet during the heavier bursts here in central London. Maybe there is a chance of a covering for many of us in our region if it's turning wintry here already?

2 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

I'm probably exaggerating a little bit but I want to call this wet snow.
It's definitely quieter than rain.

I was very tempted to do the same! ?

• Like 1

Close but no cigar.. 

Temps 

Screenshot_20200227_044540_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.dd7c9418eff5539d7d603551b92735cf.jpg

Dew point 

Screenshot_20200227_044558_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.01f5c46511342d5b4c21b680ffdecf6a.jpg

Absolutely no point in my opinion having snow fall from the sky and not settle like the biggest p take ever.. Lol

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1