Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

5 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

It’s not going to snow

No need to be so pessimistic. It will definitely snow some places.

Edited by Thunder and Lightning

What a load of old poo

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

No need to be so pessimistic. It will definitely snow some places.

Yeah, the Alps lol.

Personally, a slush fest and 8c by lunch doesn't do it for me. If we ain't getting a cold spell with lasting snow then give me 25c and sun!

• Like 4

It's bitterly cold out there. Personally,  I'm not buying the snow. Might get some sleet snow, but I think people will be disappointed. 

• Like 1

I had reasonable hopes for this winter but this is probably it ! Not exactly a 1963 experience is it ? Good luck all for next 24hrs . You never know we might see some falling at least 

• Like 1

Its at times like these I wish the whole of the SE Region was a minimum of 250m asl and then marganilty wouldn’t come into question!!Tbh it looks like a miserable Thursday morning to me with some moderate bursts of rain for many but maybe those 200m asl May see a short lived covering.Then Friday and Saturday bring more spells of rain-Oh joy?

32 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

I had reasonable hopes for this winter but this is probably it ! Not exactly a 1963 experience is it ? Good luck all for next 24hrs . You never know we might see some falling at least 

Todays stratospheric zonal wind is record breaking positive at +47.9 M/S > the record Negative is 2018 -14.1M/S a difference of 60M/S in the 2 years > Thats why theres been no greenland blocking !

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Lauren said:

It's bitterly cold out there. Personally,  I'm not buying the snow. Might get some sleet snow, but I think people will be disappointed. 

It’s not cold enough imo .....2 or 3 c.......

expecting to see a bit of wet snow at best away from elevation far enough north .... chilterns I would think ......

• Like 3

Im currently at 3.5c, cold rain it will be, then another deluge on the way, I love the cold and snow, but this winter has been utterly abysmal, and I genuinely cannot wait for some warmer weather, I can get the garden sorted, and inject colour into the pots

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

It’s not cold enough imo .....2 or 3 c.......

expecting to see a bit of wet snow at best away from elevation far enough north .... chilterns I would think ......

Agree, have you seen the Hirlam 18z? downgrade in terms of snowfall compared to 12z and I find that ppn model the best/most accurate at this timeframe. Not expecting anything apart from a bit of wet snow and my location is in current meto warning. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Agree, have you seen the Hirlam 18z? downgrade in terms of snowfall compared to 12z and I find that ppn model the best/most accurate at this timeframe. Not expecting anything apart from a bit of wet snow and my location is in current meto warning. 

Yes, everything is downgrading with the metoffice forecasts showing nowt but heavy rain for my location and sleet for those in the sweet spot. 

Game over I think!

4 minutes ago, Don said:

Yes, everything is downgrading with the metoffice forecasts showing nowt but heavy rain for my location and sleet for those in the sweet spot. 

Game over I think!

Looks like it. Pity this was our best chance of the winter, and a perfect channel low too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowray said:

Looks like it. Pity this was our best chance of the winter, and a perfect channel low too.

GFS 18z has also downgraded. 

Rounds off an absolute rubbish winter! ?

If we don't get a lovely hot dry summer after this pathetic excuse for a winter then I will definitely throw a strop, lol!!! Not a great start to the new decade weather wise but maybe a bad blip before a corking decade to come?!??xx

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

If we don't get a lovely hot dry summer after this pathetic excuse for a winter then I will definitely throw a strop, lol!!! Not a great start to the new decade weather wise but maybe a bad blip before a corking decade to come?!??xx

Me too. Got everything crossed for a splendid summer and lots of warm summer evenings chilling in the garden. 

• Like 2

Bbc/Meto and Met all going for very wet weekend and next week. LPs forecast to take more southerly track next week and with colder air in place, possibly something a bit wintry. Certainly going to be wet either way. 

As for tomorrow, no snow in the capital anyway, cold rain AM,8c and Sunny in afternoon. 

• Like 1

Radar watching not model watching now!! Oh and a lamppostif you have one close by!!

Extent of the precip already further north on the radar than the hirlam 18z

2.5c here with a DP of 0.4c. Expecting a grotty cold and wet day here. Don’t think I can bring myself to log in here tomorrow as I get way too jealous of people having snow when we don’t down here 

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 3

Temperature on the rise here in Locksbottom.at 9pm was 2.7 but at 10.30 risen to 3.1?.Really not looking forward to another wet morning tomorrow.This must be close to the wettest winter of the 21st century?

• Like 1

Unfortunately all of those heavy snow symbols from earlier for tomorrow, have now been replaced by heavy rain ones by the met office. Location near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

Looks like it's game over, not that it even started!

Edited by NewEra21
Spelling
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, john mac1 said:

Extent of the precip already further north on the radar than the hirlam 18z

Oh dear that means we'll get the south of the low and sw winds

3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

No, the low is as it was the precip has a larger area to the north of the low 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Yeah, the Alps lol.

Personally, a slush fest and 8c by lunch doesn't do it for me. If we ain't getting a cold spell with lasting snow then give me 25c and sun!

Yep, totally agree. Then the bbq can come out and we can forget about this absolutely dire winter. 

But it still means cold rain for you. Whichever way you look at it whilst areas further north will have snow. 

• Like 1