South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

I’m looking hopefully at this blob..... but all the snow symbols have gone from my apps. 

Every time I tell myself it won’t happen, don’t get your hopes up. And every time I do! ??

B61F96E5-512B-4BA2-AE2B-D690558AB667.jpeg

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

So much for wintry showers!

It's been raining heavily for almost an hour here in N London. No snow, no sleet, no evaporative cooling - just freeeeezzzing cold rain. Thursday's going to be a washout isn't it?

Edited by Stabilo19
typo
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

So much for wintry showers!

It's been raining heavily for almost an hour here in N London. No snow, no sleet, no evaporative cooling - just freeeeezzzing cold rain. Thursday's going to be a washout isn't it?

In a word: probably. Would be nice to see snow falling but it’s unlikely to settle. I suppose it’s a bit more exciting than the recent constant wind and rain

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DonnaThw said:

I’m confused about Thursday apps roughly saying 5+ degrees here in rye could be 9+ but charts (some) mentioning snow

I'll be amazed if it snows on Thursday in Rye, a couple of miles away from the sea, and no elevation at all, a continuation of rain, just slightly colder rain

Moderate to heavy sleet for a time in Gravesend def some flakes falling on me and again on the windscreen as I got in the car

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Gutted > A few flakes falling here & there.

Missed by 5 miles to the East.

BC7D8E13-9EE8-4FF7-8CAD-D41B58C72B07.thumb.png.1726b3d8d4f9d446ac85a5ac99f8098c.png

Probably the first time I've ever had heavier wintry precip here at thames level NW Kent than your location! Only Sleet though!

• Like 1

I’m being treated to some beautiful falling snow flakes..... sadly I’ve had to drive 200 miles north to the Derbyshire dales near Wirksworth to witness them, hope there is some lying snow come the morning! ?

• Like 5
42 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Probably the first time I've ever had heavier wintry precip here at thames level NW Kent than your location! Only Sleet though!

Make the most of it - ?

Edited by Steve Murr
  • Like 1

^ Where were the pics taken @bluebell ?

And the big question, will any hill in our Region be able to manage some scenes like that early tomorrow? I have to say, with a rain-turning-to-snow event (so ground wet) and with temps around +2C, I think settling snow might be a big ask. Here's the forecasts for 08.00 tomorrow morning from Hirlam, NMM and Arpege. Spot the M4 corridor. :nea:

2023409316_Hirlamppn27Feb08_00.thumb.png.5c50ce734895c95c3ea554f42f313ca7.png1732271880_NMMppn27Feb08_00.thumb.png.292c10ac545ecc8926c6ab337df9be6a.png1568107924_Arpegeppn27Feb08_00.thumb.png.731a3d8d33716ae442206dcdc5023188.png

Was surprised to see some sleet and 3oC yesterday around 6pm and at lowish levels too. Lets see what the next few days bring

KtYplj5.png

No idea if this is what will actually happen tomorrow, but this is what the met office forecast for here just outside Bury St Edmunds Suffolk is showing for tomorrow.

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

^ Where were the pics taken @bluebell ?

From Middleton by Wirksworth Derbyshire, about 275m asl. Just been out for a wee gander and it’s lovely and crunchy under foot, but I think the drip is beginning to start already.. ?

• Like 1