South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

9 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Finished an exam at school today at around 2:30 and went outside and saw this beast coming towards me...

69381344_IMG_08881.thumb.JPG.de4c1b3c2231d5d2d0cfd69cd0079455.JPG

I'm guessing you saw something similar to this before you got your heavy hail shower @Dami?

I saw the dark cloud, but couldn't see it property with all the trees round me,

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Dami said:

I saw the dark cloud, but couldn't see it property with all the trees round me,

Ah. That's a shame. It certainly was a beast, picture doesn't do its justice.

Hail was falling heavily for about 10 minutes. I can still see some hailstones on my front patio even though it happened 3 hours ago.

Edited by Zak M
4 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Ah. That's a shame. It certainly was a beast, picture doesn't do its justice.

Hail was falling heavily for about 10 minutes. I can still see some hailstones on my front patio even though it happened 3 hours ago.

It all melted here. Wish I had taken my phone out, we were blessed with some lovely clouds today. 

• Like 1

Updated ECM 12z shows that over the downs we could start as snow at 06:00 AM 
So possibly a rain to snow event for most with a sleet / snow & possible covering event for the high hills >150M

F3609E61-CA07-442D-A613-C2508B266F9E.thumb.png.ab918ebbdc6e0333579d8abe8bcfb856.png

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Updated ECM 12z shows that over the downs we could start as snow at 06:00 AM 
So possibly a rain to snow event for most with a sleet / snow & possible covering event for the high hills >150M

F3609E61-CA07-442D-A613-C2508B266F9E.thumb.png.ab918ebbdc6e0333579d8abe8bcfb856.png

I’m literally right on the border of rain and snow! ?

Think with the system moving through on Thursday morning elevation will be key and around this neck of the woods in NW Kent the usual areas of Biggin Hill,Knockholt,Halstead and West Kingstown May get a covering.Think here in Locksbottom it will just be a horrible mix of rain and sleet.The HIRLAM has been a good model over last couple of years in these type of set ups and it looks like rain for majority South of Thames with the exception of elevated areas.

Still nice to have a bit of interest in what has been a very disappointing winter for cold and snow lovers which is the vast majority on this thread.Good luck to those that see any snow and please send in pics  as I never get bored of looking at snowy landscapes?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

herflick !

?

Edit: Ahhhh I see ?

Edited by Zak M
8 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Where, where, where!!! The Beeb have lost the plot, or the heavy snow is invisible snow ❄️ The lamp post says nope ? 

5BCA51BE-72FA-4015-BCFA-F5C7C3331875.png

Same here, BB...Only too typical for the Triangle of Doom!:wallbash:

• Like 1

Met Office isn't showing much for the SE for the Thursday event unfortunately

Edited by Zak M

Maybe..... probably not... although the height and location are favourable here!

E248200B-049E-4BC6-BBBB-EF4ABEE1F358.png
This is clearly the blob that might give a few flakes....?

57072850-A0B1-427B-BE3E-8E381F90BAFD.jpeg

Edited by John Stevens

I got caught in a brief hailstorm here in St Leonards on Sea shortly before 4.30pm this afternoon. It turned to rain within a few minutes, during which time the temperature dropped from 8c to 4c and didn't recover.

Not expecting any snow down here on the South Coast but if memory serves i think I predicted February 26th for snowfall in Tom's competition ?

• Like 1

I don’t think I will get anything right down here. I know I sound very pessimistic but I don’t have elevation and I live right on the coast. It would make me smile just to see a snow flake on ANY of my weather apps. The Met off tells me I’m not going to get anything, no rain no sleet and 100% no snow. Good luck to you northerners ? (your mostly all more northern than me) 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

I got caught in a brief hailstorm here in St Leonards on Sea shortly before 4.30pm this afternoon. It turned to rain within a few minutes, during which time the temperature dropped from 8c to 4c and didn't recover.

Not expecting any snow down here on the South Coast but if memory serves i think I predicted February 26th for snowfall in Tom's competition ?

I was caught in that downpour and you were right the temperature just fell away. I think we might be the unlucky ones @SenlacJack

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, smichling said:

Heavy snow! No chance of settling unfortunately but great to see nonetheless 

Temp will drop fast so you may get a dusting !

1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Temp will drop fast so you may get a dusting !

I’m hoping so but keeps on turning back to sleet whenever it gets lighter so it’ll be tricky I think