South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Wow A Sunny morning with a hint of Spring again. Temp at 8c. Thats 46F. in old money. With much lighter winds and clear skies we should reach 10C. Today. Even more in the greenhouse. Will Celebrate with a lunchtime tipple. Have a good day. Good Health to you all.

• Like 3
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Westerlies eh? Even Central London forecast to see snow showers in the early hours while we only get sleet in NW Kent

Screenshot_20200225-093538_BBC Weather.jpg

Screenshot_20200225-093450_BBC Weather.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, username home said:
_105424986_ea2ab8d0-11f9-4ff7-8143-670f5
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Large parts of Wales and southern England are affected, with warnings of rail and flight delays on Friday.

A repeat of this?!!??!?!

That was another none event around here. Some sleet i seem to recall. 

I know im not popular on here for being a fan of wet windy wild weather but at least never too disappointed. ?

Chilterns looking favorite again for Thursday morning but still a lot of disagreement so a surprise or two looks possible even this evening.

What we need to do is start building a mountain or two in the southeast, 700/800m should do it, where was it that they built a massive eco-friendly ski slope our of trash, Denmark??

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Just posted this on the model thread, Met Office update this afternoon are showing a clump of snow over the London area for Thursday morning.

20200225_131503.jpg

• Like 1

The sun was nice but big shower clouds developing lots of convection, not surprised there was a lot of warmth in the sun we did get up to a dizzy 10C. thats 50F. in old money not bad in a cool westerly set up.

Mostly rain is the met office forecast for wed night into thursday,not surprising when day time temps are about 8c.

Its nowhere near cold enough for a proper snow event

Four days to go before we can say goodby to this hideous winter.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, smarklew said:

Brief snow shower in Crowborough now! 

32516E17-17D1-4985-A5BA-9A2E96502FE8.jpeg

Your at the back of the front so the colder air is digging in more so.

were in the crossover zone

• Like 1

Finished an exam at school today at around 2:30 and went outside and saw this beast coming towards me...

69381344_IMG_08881.thumb.JPG.de4c1b3c2231d5d2d0cfd69cd0079455.JPG

I'm guessing you saw something similar to this before you got your heavy hail shower @Dami?

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 2