South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, tinybill said:

bbc  are saying  winds poss  50-60   rain   and the out look not   great

Yep can see 60mph on the GFS although around the coasts maybe 50mph inland for a short time.. its a shallow surface low that spins in tomorrow morning bringing some lively winds and rain... again.

50 minutes ago, Essex Easterly said:

It's brilliant isn't it ? The rustling trees help me get to sleep, I'm so used to constant whistling/howling now I think I'll miss it once we get a calmer spell lol 

Yes, certainly reminds me of winter 2013 I think this one.. Although I like the stormy winters just not the damage and flooding they bring with them....

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Leaving Prague shortly for Heathrow, very windy here (mean winds of 26-28mph) but mostly sunny. Looks like that secondary low could cause a few hours of very strong winds tonight, plus yet more rain. 

When the NW forecast coughs up 76% chance of snow next week

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Some photos I took today

IMG_0840[1].JPG

IMG_0841[1].JPG

IMG_0843[1].JPG

You can see a faint rainbow in the last pic if you look close enough.

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 2

Totally Pi**ed off with this weather now. Yet another (4th) Sunday where you can’t do anything or go anywhere outside with getting wet or blown about. Been relentless since October with the odd high pressure for a few days here and there. Got to be a big change, if spring got to live up to something warm and spectacular.... Next 2 weeks doesn’t look like anything settled. 

Edited by slater
  • Like 4

Latest model runs (both ecm/gfs) look very muddled with the jet stream on more of a southerly course and trying to build heights at times to the north or northeast but low pressure largely in charge and a theme of getting colder, but generally a disturbed outlook (for a change).

• Like 1

Another vile damp day here, with grey skies. Mild at 13°C but irrelevant as the wind is fairly strong.

Edited by stainesbloke

As others have said another horrible day , There is only a certain amount of indoor activities you can do . Took the girls to the park on Friday the only day the sun really shone , They come back with mud from head to foot .

Anyway talk of a pattern change , Knowing our luck this winter the cold stuff will arrive just a bit to late for snow and when the lawns etc should start to need Real attention again . I want Snow but also now long for some sun and warmth .

• Like 2

Astonishingly mild day here already upto 13.8(mildest day since late October 2019).Still very windy and just noticed some damage to my roof that is going to need attention?.Looks to POSSIBLY turn colder next week with a veted pattern change being touted in Mod Thread over last 24/36 hours so maybe there is hope of Winters First Hurrah arriving in early Spring?!The great British weather?

Driving through maidstone this afternoon and it hit 16oC consistently. Very mild in the sunshine - t-shirt weather. 

speaking on behalf of my cat, sooty, it is very nice to see a snow risk still there on these hallowed Forecast pages.

Only Forecast I have seen with it, all say at least 8c , but still nice to see.

I have been baking hot.For hubs to put the heating on is something but i had to open a window.

Even my usual shower temperature  was too hot.

??

We spent the day at Legoland today it’s been quite a nice day. It started off grey and over cast with drizzle but it gradually cleared and I even saw the sun. We did have a big shower around 1.30 but we had made our way on to a covered ride and didn’t realise till we had come out it had rained hard.  It was a nice drive home which is good. Tomorrow looks awful AGAIN. The wind and the rain are getting on my nerves.  72% chance of snow here on Wednesday. We shall see 

5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Lovely evolution for here > feeling some -9c continental cold & a snow event 3-4cm here.

Need to firm up on the cold first next 24-48 hours!

9ED34772-00A8-4315-B954-178C3652CB64.thumb.png.004f93a5ecfbf7690118401ea361abda.png

Could we finally be on the cusp of our first flake of snow in the south East Steve? 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Snowfish2 said:

Could we finally be on the cusp of our first flake of snow in the south East Steve? 

Lets get the cold air in place first!

Got to 16.1c here today !

6 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

Lets get the cold air in place first!

Got to 16.1c here today !

That's ridiculous. Thanks for the reply. Steve. As you know I used to reside in Ash Green area...