South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Yeah I hope so too , The Ace of spades Slip road  towards Claygate was terrible today I think @Mal Kapadia saw this too  , Loads of Cars and Vans left broken down and the fire brigade called , I’ve also seen on social media the Hogsmill is close to breaking its banks .It looks like there is unfortunately a band of rain followed by another one but hopefully it loses it oomph .

9F2F3BEB-726D-4B04-BCB7-6E695C18F965.jpeg

Re: Hogsmill, it's that flood warning that we are under on account of the 'Surbiton Stream' running through this area. Just got back from the dog walk where the wind and rain whipped up like Storm Dennis round two. As you say, not as bad as further west by the time it reached here, but still distinctly wild and woolly. Edit: And cold in the wind too!

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Would be interested to see if there is anything to be investigated in a vicious squall that has just passed to the East of Brighton.

Developed quickly on the radar,and I hesitate to say 'tornado" in its infancy but vicious winds that sucked the doors and windows open and driving hail sideways.

Unusual,but maybe just a downburst

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Lots of hail, thunder and lightning here in Rye.

We had that come over By Pevensey, no thunder or lightening but enough wind for me to remark it was out of no where and record an 49mph gust. I also thought “tornado”? 

30 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Tell you what the next lot looks like being even more organised and strengthening. Just look at the latest screen grab .

ADEF4DC1-6044-4906-AFD0-37FF7B8582F5.png

It dissipated very quickly

• Like 1
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

It dissipated very quickly

Yeah it’s gone ??

Thank god it’s not cold enough for it to be snow . Except for the highest ground . Sorry Steve ?

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Heavy snow.

Doesn't surprise me, Ashford was freezing while waiting for a train home that was between 8:30-9:15when the train came. Home at last, after getting to Ashford hospital at about 12. Not sure what the weather did today, but it is still blustery. 

Popping in as staying at a friend’s in Richmond for the weekend.. on the crawl in Central last night it felt rather mild despite the breeze and rain. A mild start this morning but it turned noticeably cooler throughout the day and it began to brighten up after 4pm. Clear and cool tonight.

CED97D7A-3BAD-4DF3-A55F-671093DB0D74.thumb.jpeg.b98300369f2d14defbbff3a2a00f41f6.jpeg

CE108812-E01C-4324-A607-3A7CC77D0D4A.thumb.jpeg.b806ca9950e7b4532bcd6c30272717f3.jpeg

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Mal Kapadia said:

@Reefseeker and @Mark wheeler, you guys in Surbiton? I am.

The Hogsmill was high and fast flowing but fine (that was late afternoon when I took the dog for a walk). 

Mal

I’m in Chessington, parents in Surbiton . Saw your post on social media today and I went past the same point  ( ace ) and put 2-2 together and hopefully made 4!x 

Edited by Mark wheeler
10 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

I’m in Chessington, parents in Surbiton . Saw your post on social media today and I went past the same point  ( ace ) and put 2-2 together and hopefully made 4!x 

Ahh fair enough. I'll see what it's like tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Morning all! 

Just been out to get a coffee torrential showers with sleet mixed in!!! Very very windy again in the showers.. Not good news re more rain this week! 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 4