Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Now sleet , for all of a couple of mins , now the shower has moved through it’s much more calmer . 

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
1 hour ago, snowray said:

I'll put you down for 4th of March as a late entry. I'm starting to think that March now has more chance of seeing snow than February, as a few have suggested already I would not be surprised even if we saw a white Easter this year.

Your penalty is that It must snow and settle somewhere in our region on that date to win the competition or at your location one day either side (3rd-5th March). I'm not sure if Tom will allow any bets now though?

Hi Ray,

I would be more than happy to strike Alexis a "Virtual" Wager but obviously it will have to be at reduced Odds, as KATRINE has "been and gone", already.

Plus TIMBO, is on the "Course", at present and a few of us are about to walk the gangplank, with our Predictions.

Alexis can have 18/1, about herself (4th March), for £5 Each Way. 4th March for WIN Odds and 3rd/5th March for PLACE Odds, which will be 9/2 (or 4 and a half to 1).

If Alexis would like to have a "Virtual" Wager on another Entrant, I will quote her Odds once I've received her request.

Alexis was a very valued Patron of my "Fantasy" Sports Competition and very nearly won my 2018 Football World Cup Competition.

Alexis, you be allocated "Virtual" Stakes of £10. This "Virtual" Wager can be placed in the following manner: £10 WIN (on the "nose") or £5.00 EACH WAY, if your predictions falls within 2 Days either side of the first Date of settling Snow, in our Region, you will receive a quarter of the Win Odds.

You can place your "Virtual" Stakes on any Entrant (not just yourself). But I will offer a "Special Concession". Should your Wager be correct, I will double the quoted Odds, should your location also develop, settling Snow.

If you read this Alexis, please let me know if you want a "Virtual" Wager?

NETWEATHER S.E.REGION SETTLING SNOW CUP  

BETTING ODDS FOR WINNING PREDICTION 

(OUTRIGHT WINNER)

ENTRANT         PREDICTION DATE     ODDS(26th Jan)     REVISED ODDS(7th FEB)

Bluebell                          23rd FEB                   10/1                                  10/1

Snow Queen One          24th FEB                   10/1                                   10/1

Snowray                        22nd FEB                   10/1                                   10/1

Timbo                             10th FEB                   10/1                                   10/1

Lauren                           20th FEB                    10/1                                  16/1

ALEXISJ9                       4th MAR                     N/A                                  18/1

Daniel                             15th FEB                   10/1                                   20/1

Lottiekent                       16th FEB                   10/1                                   20/1

Septic Peg (Guest)        15th FEB                   10/1                                   20/1

Stainesbloke                 19th FEB                    10/1                                   20/1

Steve Murr                     14th FEB                   10/1                                   20/1

Team Squirrel                19th FEB                   10/1                                   20/1

TomSE12                        14th FEB                   10/1                                   20/1

Darkcloud                       28th FEB                  14/1                                   25/1                     

Donna Thw                     27th FEB                  14/1                                   25/1

Lassie23                         29th FEB                  14/1                                   25/1

Pinball Wizard                29th FEB                  14/1                                  25/1

Senlac Jack                    26th FEB                  14/1                                  25/1

Snowrye                          1st  MAR                  50/1                                  28/1

Froze Were The Days     9th  MAR                100/1                                 66/1

Claret047                        23rd MAR                250/1                               200/1

John Stevens                29th  MAR                250/1                               200/1

Mark Wheeler                22nd MAR                250/1                               200/1

Bazza118                       10th   APR                500/1                               500/1

General Custer              29th  NOV              1000/1                             1000/1

ALSO RAN

Katrine Basso                31st  JAN                 50/1     (ELIMINATED).

BLUE = North Thames Group.

RED   = South Thames Group.

And now for the "Virtual" Prizes.

The Entrant gaining the greatest "Virtual" Returns from these Wagers, will receive the choice of the following Prizes

1. An all expenses paid "Virtual" Week in the Skiing Resort of your choice plus Skiing Lessons , from a qualified Ski Instructor.

Or,

2. An expenses paid "Virtual" Week in Lappland, during Christmas 2020. Your accommodation, will be a Log Cabin. You will also experience Reindeer :reindeer-emoji:   drawn, Sleigh Rides plus tuition on how to operate a Snowmobile image.png.7cf0c03f15f494b9029d288f0974329d.png, and of course meet Father Christmas, :santa-emoji: ho, ho, ho!! 

If it Snows and settles as I'm Posting this, I'll squeam and squeam and squeam!! :oldangry:

Best of luck, TIMBO. You've got precisely 8 Hours and 22 Minutes!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: ❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Rain to Hail to Snow. Proper snow. Would you believe it!❄️

• Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Ray,

I would be more than happy to strike Alexis a "Virtual" Wager but obviously it will have to be at reduced Odds, as KATRINE has "been and gone", already.

Plus TIMBO, is on the "Course", at present and a few of us are about to walk the gangplank, with our Predictions.

Alexis can have 18/1, about herself (4th March), for £5 Each Way. 4th March for WIN Odds and 3rd/5th March for PLACE Odds, which will be 9/2 (or 4 and a half to 1).

If Alexis would like to have a "Virtual" Wager on another Entrant, I will quote her Odds once I've received her request.

Alexis was a very valued Patron of my "Fantasy" Sports Competition and very nearly won my 2018 Football World Cup Competition.

Alexis, you be allocated "Virtual" Stakes of £10. This "Virtual" Wager can be placed in the following manner: £10 WIN (on the "nose") or £5.00 EACH WAY, if your predictions falls within 2 Days either side of the first Date of settling Snow, in our Region, you will receive a quarter of the Win Odds.

You can place your "Virtual" Stakes on any Entrant (not just yourself). But I will offer a "Special Concession". Should your Wager be correct, I will double the quoted Odds, should your location also develop, settling Snow.

(OUTRIGHT WINNER)

Bluebell                          23rd FEB                   10/1                                  10/1

Snow Queen One          24th FEB                   10/1                                   10/1

Snowray                        22nd FEB                   10/1                                   10/1

Timbo                             10th FEB                   10/1                                   10/1

Lauren                           20th FEB                    10/1                                  16/1

ALEXISJ9                       4th MAR                     N/A                                  18/1

Daniel                             15th FEB                   10/1                                   20/1

Lottiekent                       16th FEB                   10/1                                   20/1

Septic Peg (Guest)        15th FEB                   10/1                                   20/1

Stainesbloke                 19th FEB                    10/1                                   20/1

Steve Murr                     14th FEB                   10/1                                   20/1

Team Squirrel                19th FEB                   10/1                                   20/1

TomSE12                        14th FEB                   10/1                                   20/1

Darkcloud                       28th FEB                  14/1                                   25/1                     

Donna Thw                     27th FEB                  14/1                                   25/1

Lassie23                         29th FEB                  14/1                                   25/1

Pinball Wizard                29th FEB                  14/1                                  25/1

Senlac Jack                    26th FEB                  14/1                                  25/1

Snowrye                          1st  MAR                  50/1                                  28/1

Froze Were The Days     9th  MAR                100/1                                 66/1

Claret047                        23rd MAR                250/1                               200/1

John Stevens                29th  MAR                250/1                               200/1

Mark Wheeler                22nd MAR                250/1                               200/1

Bazza118                       10th   APR                500/1                               500/1

General Custer              29th  NOV              1000/1                             1000/1

ALSO RAN

The Entrant gaining the greatest "Virtual" Returns from these Wagers, will receive the choice of the following Prizes

1. An all expenses paid "Virtual" Week in the Skiing Resort of your choice plus Skiing Lessons , from a qualified Ski Instructor.

Or,

2. An expenses paid "Virtual" Week in Lappland, during Christmas 2020. Your accommodation, will be a Log Cabin. You will also experience Reindeer :reindeer-emoji:   drawn, Sleigh Rides plus tuition on how to operate a Snowmobile image.png.7cf0c03f15f494b9029d288f0974329d.png, and of course meet Father Christmas, :santa-emoji: ho, ho, ho!! 

If it Snows and settles as I'm Posting this, I'll squeam and squeam and squeam!! :oldangry:

Regards,

hi Tom, now getting reports in and also a photo from Norfolk n chance of snow, dose this mean i win today as it is in the region?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Another intense shower.. 

Another one here , seems to be a slight wintry element to it . 

• Like 1

Posted

Good covering over all surfaces now. Remarkable: I really thought this winter would be snowless IMBY.

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

Good covering over all surfaces now. Remarkable: I really thought this winter would be snowless IMBY.

Hi Yarmy, can you post some photos, i need some photographic evidence to win the competition today for snow falling on 10th Feb

• Like 1

Posted

8c tomorrow and the forecaster says a cold day, do me a favour isn't that still above the average for February? 

Heaven forbid we ever get an ice day in February, what will they call that, `the ice age is coming back`, most probably! 

Edited by SLEETY
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
11 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Another one here , seems to be a slight wintry element to it . 

Definitely had something wintry about 1/2 hour or so ago here in the Surrey Hills

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Nothing above 22 degrees C.

Hi Everyone

Just driven back from Lincoln - snow and sleet all the way. Snow now lying in the fens at sea level. and car telling me it is 0 degrees. It has caught everyone out, not a gritter in sight.

Blessings

Kirsty's Mum - Just west of the wash (ing up) 

Edited by Kirsty's Mum
Took my name out.
  • Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Hi Yarmy, can you post some photos, i need some photographic evidence to win the competition today for snow falling on 10th Feb

Norfolk_n_chance's photos should do for you? Stanhoe's just down the road from here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Intense 15 minutes (started at 15:40) of vicious rain hitting west facing windows so hard it got through the frames. Weather station measured gusts of 46 max with around 4 minutes between 39 and 46, reducing to mid 30’s and finally now the black sky has cleared to average over last 10 mins of 19.8 mph. 
Arrived home lunchtime (had been kitten sitting in Kingston Upon Thames over w/e) to find a 20 foot length of 6 ft fencing gone ☹️  

Son’s Kingston fence also needs replacing.  6C here at the moment so no snow for me.

• Like 1

Posted

Not a good day on Southend seafront.

Sea defences breached, some businesses under water and lots of damage to beach huts.

That's the unfortunate effects from a surge, high tide and the Thames Barrier closing.

Edited by Southender
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
55 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Ray,

(OUTRIGHT WINNER)

ALSO RAN

Or,

Regards,

Each way on SenlacJack please, if that's OK. 

• Like 1

Posted

QUOTE - TIMBO

"Hi Tom, now getting reports in and also a photo from Norfolk n chance of snow, dose this mean i win today as it is in the region?"

You'll have to confirm that with snowray, as it's his Competition but if that's the case, I think you've won.

You're also in a good position to win the "Virtual" Wagers part of the Competition.

Now, you've got the first part of your "Virtual" Wagers correct, you're in a good position to scoop the "Virtual" Bonus. You will receive double the Odds on your "Virtual" Wagers, if your Home location also manages some settling Snow, up until Midnight. If this does happen, can you provide photographic evidence? Don't worry if you can't, I'm sure you're trustworthy, enough.

Myself and LOTTIEKENT, have also had "Virtual" Wagers on you. If you read this Lottie, could you also provide photographic evidence, if your Home location manages some settling Snow? I will do likewise but don't worry if you can't, Lottie. We trust you.

CATEGORY 1. OUTRIGHT WINNER

PUNTER              SELECTION          DATE        STAKE      "V"/R       "V"/R (with Bonus)

Timbo                Timbo  @ 10/1     10th FEB     £5 WIN      £55.00             £105.00

CATEGORY 2. NORTH THAMES WINNER

PUNTER              SELECTION                   DATE        STAKE      "V"/R       "V"/R (with Bonus)

Timbo               Timbo      @ 4/1               10th FEB     £5 WIN     £25.00               £45.00

TomSE12          Timbo      @ 4/1               10th FEB     £5 WIN     £25.00               £45.00

Lottiekent         Timbo      @ 4/1               10th FEB     £5 WIN     £25.00               £45.00

Regards,

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

QUOTE - TIMBO

"Hi Tom, now getting reports in and also a photo from Norfolk n chance of snow, dose this mean i win today as it is in the region?"

You'll have to confirm that with snowray, as it's his Competition but if that's the case, I think you've won.

You're also in a good position to win the "Virtual" Wagers part of the Competition.

Now, you've got the first part of your "Virtual" Wagers correct, you're in a good position to scoop the "Virtual" Bonus. You will receive double the Odds on your "Virtual" Wagers, if your Home location also manages some settling Snow, up until Midnight. If this does happen, can you provide photographic evidence? Don't worry if you can't, I'm sure you're trustworthy, enough.

Myself and LOTTIEKENT, have also had "Virtual" Wagers on you. If you read this Lottie, could you also provide photographic evidence, if your Home location manages some settling Snow? I will do likewise but don't worry if you can't, Lottie. We trust you.

CATEGORY 1. OUTRIGHT WINNER

PUNTER              SELECTION          DATE        STAKE      "V"/R       "V"/R (with Bonus)

Timbo                Timbo  @ 10/1     10th FEB     £5 WIN      £55.00             £105.00

CATEGORY 2. NORTH THAMES WINNER

PUNTER              SELECTION                   DATE        STAKE      "V"/R       "V"/R (with Bonus)

Timbo               Timbo      @ 4/1               10th FEB     £5 WIN     £25.00               £45.00

TomSE12          Timbo      @ 4/1               10th FEB     £5 WIN     £25.00               £45.00

Lottiekent         Timbo      @ 4/1               10th FEB     £5 WIN     £25.00               £45.00

Regards,

Hi Tom, looking at the radar, it now also looks like the Lowestoft area is about to be hit, and the temp is dropping by the minute.

• Like 1

Posted

QUOTE - TIMBO

"Hi Tom, looking at the radar, it now also looks like the Lowestoft area is about to be hit, and the temp is dropping by the minute".

htYtps://en.meteox.com/en-gb?imagetype=radareuropasneeuwwsg84 

You can see the "pink blob" on the back edge of that PPN, just South of The Wash, that seems to have won it for TIMBO

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: ❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
13 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Hi Tom, looking at the radar, it now also looks like the Lowestoft area is about to be hit, and the temp is dropping by the minute.

Is it snowing in Lowestoft though Timbo?

Yes you have won, looks like snow has fallen quite widely in Norfolk and settled.

WELL DONE TIMBO!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
3 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

QUOTE - TIMBO

"Hi Tom, looking at the radar, it now also looks like the Lowestoft area is about to be hit, and the temp is dropping by the minute".

htYtps://en.meteox.com/en-gb?imagetype=radareuropasneeuwwsg84 

You can see the "pink blob" on the back edge of that PPN, just South of The Wash, that seems to have won it for TIMBO

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: ❄️

Yes he's won it Tom, if it also snows in Lowestoft, and that blob does indeed look like snow, then it will be a remarkable result.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

A slight improvement here in St Leonards on Sea this afternoon but feeling distinctly chilly as the showers barrel through The Channel. 

IMG_20200210_161644.jpg

IMG_20200210_145819.jpg

IMG_20200210_150808.jpg

Screenshot_20200210_150106_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.jpg

• Like 3