Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Recommended Posts

Yeah nothing too out of the ordinary yet, guessing that will change however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Average 33mph currently with max gust at 61mph. Couple of trees down but not too bad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan Holley (Staplehurst on Netweather, FYI) is reporting on Twitter that the squall line over northern England, which is heading this way, is producing the highest wind gusts.  Expected to be into the northern half of the region mid-afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Dan Holley (Staplehurst on Netweather, FYI) is reporting on Twitter that the squall line over northern England, which is heading this way, is producing the highest wind gusts.  Expected to be into the northern half of the region mid-afternoon.

What about the first one West of Reading? That came out of nowhere... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between 2-3pm in the south of the region the strongest gusts according to the beeb website (not sure how accurate that will be)...gusts forecast now to be up to 72mph which is stronger than forecast yesterday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing a few reports of trees down in country roads and then there’s been a lorry blown over on the main road out of Dover. The road does have a fair bit of height on it as it comes up over near the cliffs but it’s not something that happens often. 
(not my photo, taken from social media)

 

B6197218-F9BA-4BAA-A913-38462C6BF1D8.jpeg

63553327-68C4-4C7E-A1D1-70BF8B13FCB6.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

What about the first one West of Reading? That came out of nowhere... 

Squall lines are setting-up to the south of the main one, but are weaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wind not too bad here in East Dene, not far from Eastbourne Beachy Head. Not much rain yet. Hopefully we will see some sunshine tomorrow after the cool front passes by. Good Health to you all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once Ciara is out of the way, we may well be in for a repeat performance, in a Week's time.

image.thumb.png.5bf9ccf6bcbf5ed4094b123e4d306ed5.png

image.thumb.png.2c2d590090519385ae2a92f9d17e902f.png

Dennis could well be the "menace", next Weekend.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TomSE12 said:

Once Ciara is out of the way, we may well be in for a repeat performance, in a Week's time.

image.thumb.png.5bf9ccf6bcbf5ed4094b123e4d306ed5.png

image.thumb.png.2c2d590090519385ae2a92f9d17e902f.png

Dennis could well be the "menace", next Weekend.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

I'd like to think not, as we have friends due to spend the day with us next Sunday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A squall is getting organised and approaching our region, with lightning too!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

M1 northbound between J14 and 15 currently closed by a blown over lorry - 

 

Edited by saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a betting person, but as is the norm the rain heading my way 'broke up' then re-formed. The curse of my area has returned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now we're entering the peak period for strong winds.

Gusts currently 50-60 mph in most places, a few areas still in the 40s. Forecast was for 70+ mph - let's see!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

A squall is getting organised and approaching our region, with lightning too!

things  will get very liveiy   soon local radio  radio saying 80 mph ex  after 1.o clock

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports of many trees down in parts of Croydon

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extremely strong winds here, trees and branches down.  Looks like someone has been injured by a fallen tree with fire brigade and ambulance in attendance!  Fingers crossed they're OK.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got to work at Heathrow from home near Croydon just before insane squall line is coming through, no trees down on the way but tree down near office  blocking half the A4 running parallel to north runway, wouldn't like to be landing in a plane today!

 

Screenshot_20200209-122021_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nick F said:

Got to work at Heathrow from home near Croydon just before insane squall line is coming through, no trees down on the way but tree down near office  blocking half the A4 running parallel to north runway, wouldn't like to be landing in a plane today!

 

Screenshot_20200209-122021_Samsung Internet.jpg

 

Good footage live from Heathrow here  

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That squall was a non-event here in N London. Moderate rain with no increase in wind speeds. Fingers crossed for the next one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, suffolkboy_ said:

 

Good footage live from Heathrow here  

 

Just watched the small BA plane land, change of underwear required after that landing, lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...