Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Raining and quite cool at 12.5C.....................Heating has been on for 3 hours now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Didn’t even reach 14 degrees here in Locksbottom today and been dull this afternoon with drizzle on and off.currently 11.2 and nearly dark already.Feels like mid October rather than late August !

Edited by Hotspur62
Put wrong month in
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

in the blustery Surrey hills we topped out at 14.8 and that was just for a minute ... have lit a log fire I couldn't put the heating on in August !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
17 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Blimey it’s not that cold, still in a tshirt weather. No heating on in this house until at least October.:cold:

Agree-although unseasonably cold I don’t put heating on till 1st November!!if it’s cold before then we just put another layer on indoors.Helps keep the fuel costs down over the winter months

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

The heating is on 13.9°C in August I think this is greatest contrasting month I’ve ever known. 

Lol my heating is not on here, the house is still hot. 

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Lol my heating is not on here, the house is still hot. 

Only had it on for a hour in August it’s unnatural nearly all time wouldn’t touch it till October at earliest. One of most autumnal bleak evenings, horrible drizzle, dark and 12°C. Hello autumn. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

A dull day here so far with the odd glimpse of the sun, temps at the moment just 13.9c. 

Posted
16 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Only had it on for a hour in August it’s unnatural nearly all time wouldn’t touch it till October at earliest. One of most autumnal bleak evenings, horrible drizzle, dark and 12°C. Hello autumn. 

The house is finally comfortable today, take a while to cool, very good to keep warm in the winter too. 

Posted

I won't be listing August 2020 as one of the great Augusts. A week or so of hellishly high temperatures by day and night bounded by average or even decidedly chilly conditions, unseasonal storms and wind  and dull skies does not as a summer month do it.

Sadly the best of the weather down here was during the height of the lockdown from April to June. 

Edited by Kentish Man
  • Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Kentish Man said:

I won't be listing August 2020 as one of the great Augusts. A week or so of hellishly high temperatures by day and night bounded by average or even decidedly chilly conditions, unseasonal storms and wind  and dull skies does not as a summer month do it.

Sadly the best of the weather down here was during the height of the lockdown from April to June. 

It is a month to remember however, for its extremes. More akin to March than August though, except that right now it would have probably snowed rather than rained yesterday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

It may be only be 15.4c here but i prefer this to that hideous heat earlier in the month, plus the house is now a pleasant temp.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Pictures from the Ferry House inn on the Isle of Sheppey, lovely estuary landscape, the wading birds calling out, the salty smell in the breeze, stunning moon reflecting on the water, interesting clouds. My first visit here I love this part, Sheerness is an interesting place a mixed bag and not at all gentrified, any members on here live here? I wonder how many are born and stick around and how many are incomers? 

CD36B400-75EB-4DAC-9ADB-3E10C54F230A.jpeg

06BCD191-6B11-48FF-A1B0-EF9F516E8017.jpeg

E97C4F81-1811-4BF2-B1E9-F439D5A4D481.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Calm and dry start here, recording the lowest temp this month for my location at 8.4c, very autumanal and most welcome, for me anyway.!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Min of 9.1c impressive for here in August. 

Posted

Very nice day here with little wind although mostly cloudy skies, current temp of 15.5c. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Freeze said:

Min of 9.1c impressive for here in August. 

It fell to 7.7C in Rotherhithe this morning this is very cold for inner London in August. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Lovely last day of summer here, mostly blue skies, light winds and it surprisingly reached 21c. Felt warm in the sun. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

It fell to 7.7C in Rotherhithe this morning this is very cold for inner London in August. 

We had a higher temp here, only dropped to 10.7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
3 hours ago, Daniel* said:

This is the life! Barely been down here this year (East Sussex coast). Nice and warm in sun. 

Nice place! Is that round Pett level/Winchelsea beach Daniel? 
Weather wise-Sun felt warm today especially later this afternoon.