Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
4 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

It’s been an enjoyable summer from a weather perspective because it has been so varied - it’s basically been unsettled ever since June !

Your not that far away from here but the difference is amazing.

You say unsettled there, here grasslands are like deserts, well they are starting to green up now after the last few days.

However I would say drought conditions here for most of the summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
13 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Oh no, another weather warning for wind Tues/Weds  for the south..I've only just righted the runnerbeans and de-mangled my Dad's gazebo!

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?id=11b08d93-9a9f-42d5-ab25-62f4a79c0e92&date=2020-08-25

Typical, no storms all summer, and then loads come along at once, but they are the wrong type. I hate wind storms lol. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
On 20/08/2020 at 16:32, Blessed Weather said:

Cirrus turning the sky very beautiful here in Suffolk this afternoon:

1069717922_Cloud20Aug.thumb.jpg.bb21b8c3bb27c2da7825dbd5274ee4e0.jpg

Hey Mr Blessed,

do you think its about time we had a new thread for the start of Sept as this ones been going for a year now.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

You say unsettled there, here grasslands are like deserts, well they are starting to green up now after the last few days.

This month my rain total stands at 18mm,everything is still brown. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
3 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

Hey Mr Blessed,

do you think its about time we had a new thread for the start of Sept as this ones been going for a year now.

Good idea seaside. I'll do that on either the 31st or 1st.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

Oh no, another weather warning for wind Tues/Weds  for the south..I've only just righted the runnerbeans and de-mangled my Dad's gazebo!

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?id=11b08d93-9a9f-42d5-ab25-62f4a79c0e92&date=2020-08-25

Very annoying, I feel for you. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as they think it will be. Strong winds in summer are a right pain for allotments. My Mum and I found on our plot that it wasn’t so much the sun/warmth that dried out the soil, it was the bl**dy wind!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Went to Polesden Lacey today to meet up with family. Some hefty showers that almost made the traffic come to a standstill as we joined the M25 at Sevenoaks, it was cleared as we went further west. When the sun was out it felt very warm, lovely cloudscapes again, we got caught in one shower but then it cleared up in time for our picnic! 

79D9A346-BF65-4EA2-94E6-298557BFC42A.jpeg

0721CB5B-EEEB-4F19-9C2D-EACAB7A67A6F.jpeg

C33DA4BE-0F94-496E-BE75-90AE2EDFCC8A.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Quite breezy and there were a few showers, but it still felt quite warm with a high of 23C. 

Posted
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Very annoying, I feel for you. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as they think it will be. Strong winds in summer are a right pain for allotments. My Mum and I found on our plot that it wasn’t so much the sun/warmth that dried out the soil, it was the bl**dy wind!

I would usually agree but the fish in the rivers and fisheries have suffered so much lately due to the high temps and low oxygen levels. The rain we have had recently and the high winds have cooled the water down and got the oxygen levels on the rise. As a regular angler, catch and release only, I am very happy for the early autumnal weather at the moment. Indian summer on the way wouldn't be to bad though .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 hours ago, BeazleyBlizzard said:

I would usually agree but the fish in the rivers and fisheries have suffered so much lately due to the high temps and low oxygen levels. The rain we have had recently and the high winds have cooled the water down and got the oxygen levels on the rise. As a regular angler, catch and release only, I am very happy for the early autumnal weather at the moment. Indian summer on the way wouldn't be to bad though .

That’s interesting, the fish must have suffered a bit with the higher temperatures. I’ll never enjoy strong winds in summer, for allotments it’s a right pain and it makes me feel anxious, for some strange reason. Definitely need a good dose of rain from time to time, though ?? Looks autumnal for the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Lovely start here with a light breeze and clear skies, temp currently 14.2c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
19 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

No drought conditions here in N Surrey ! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Another fine start to the day, over here: 19C, moderate breeze, and plenty of sunshine... And the last few days have produced just enough rain to turn the grass green again.:oldgood:

Posted

Want another hot spell again,sick of the constant wind here.

Been non stop for days here,can’t believe so much moaning when we get a decent hot spell.

Posted

Much better here today, sunny, warm but not hot a refreshing breeze and air you can breathe, my idea of a nice summers day ☺️

Edit. My o my, why o why, do I have thunderstorm symbols on my trusty beeb weather app for Friday?! :80:

Edited by Blazerblue

Posted
2 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Much better here today, sunny, warm but not hot a refreshing breeze and air you can breathe, my idea of a nice summers day ☺️

Edit. My o my, why o why, do I have thunderstorm symbols on my trusty beeb weather app for Friday?! :80:

No idea, downhere, extreme South East, we might have a chance tomorrow, although like with most of this year it will probably disappear. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
11 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Friday and Saturday will need keeping an eye on, some models are now stalling that front and pivoting it over the region. Never a good set up as there will be a risk of large rainfall amounts due to the sheer persistence of the rain.

Just for example, tonights GFS
144-777UK.GIF?23-12

Most falls through Friday and overnight. You get the gist and the UKMO shows a similar set up with the rain clearing slowly on Saturday with a strong northerly wind behind. Not pleasant for the Bank holiday weekend.

Weather today, some showers around and more general rain this evening for a time. Still some decent weather in between with lighter winds.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Blustery day on Hastings seafront, good day for sailing, the sails on this one caught the light nicely.

1B0C4453-88D5-4BD7-B22E-BE3DD50DD651.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Never fails to amaze me how many times this late Spring and Sumer I have recorded daily maxes which have exceeded what BBC/BBC website has forecast for the day (other than the hot period)...21c predicted for today and currently 23.1c. My location has to be one of the warmest when it comes to Atlantic conditions from the south west or west in the summer in the entire UK.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Been a nice day for me here, mostly clear skies and a short sharp shower around 3pm delivering 6mm of rain now back to partly cloudy skies, Max of 21c 

Posted

Getting a regular train of sharp showers and hail here this afternoon with the odd rumble of thunder thrown in. Roads flooding fast when the deluges come then it all clears for literal rinse and repeat. 

Edited by Reefseeker