Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The back end of yesterday's cloud and rain just clearing the Region and disappearing east. Should be lovely today, although a tad breezy this afternoon with gusts of 35 km (21 mph).

Satellite 07.00: 1324295266_Satellite20Aug07_00.thumb.jpg.2a06174d07efba1decdc5483ee21fc2c.jpg

But it's tomorrow when the wind will be the talking point, with gusts in the afternoon of possibly up to 80 km (50 mph) widely across the Region according to Arpege. So don't forget, last thing today, batten down any garden furniture you have out!

Arpege Friday 15.00: 1197302303_ArpegeGusts21Aug15_00.thumb.png.c28f80071868272e6a32f12e47c34055.png

Edited by Blessed Weather
Tweek
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

its been really warm today after yesterdays soaking - the word for this August is unsettled in my mind !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

I see 27c already reached in Norwich 

Yep, we're melting on the boat at Sutton staithe! Getting Windier by the minute but it's a warm wind. Still very muggy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A warm and sunny afternoon. I would say this is perfect... except I am indoors at work.

Posted

27c, didn’t think it was suppose to get so hot today! 18mph southerly wind. I assume winds will pick up tomorrow, or are we sheltered here in the Anglia? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Nice looking skies around here today

F6E28098-18F3-4996-A353-9BD6F14A79F1.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

A lovely day with some great cloud formations, yes it's a bit blowy but with temps in the mid 20's i'm not grumbling.

Posted

Strange that I’m right on the coast but it isn’t windy at all here today.. usually the other way round. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Spent the day visiting a good friend who graduated from Oxford Uni recently. Today was beautiful punting on the thames?‍♂️ never knew something like that existed in the river, it was around 23c perfect conditions more comfortable than the 26-27c back home.

The thing that really struck me though was the evening temp difference between parts of rural Oxfordshire and NW Kent when I got home an hour ago after several diversions there was a 7c difference in parts of the Downs in Oxfordshire to here in Tropical Kent.

The temperature here has also been rising since I've been back from 19.9c to a current 21.3c! I wonder why this is?!!

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

A windy and very mild start here at 17.4c, at least it's dry at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'd strongly advise against wearing any fabrics that might get blown up in the wind. Not that anything embarrassing happened to me this morning

• Like 4

Posted

What a lovely sunny day but very windy! Gusts must be 40mph approaching 50. But a warm wind at 23c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A max here of 25C, at 1400 hrs... and it's been blowing a hoolie, all day!:shok::crazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

More cloud and even a couple of light showers. Not too bad though and still warm at 24c, the wind is a bit of the excessive side though....

Posted

It was a pretty surreal day warm and windy, my local amateur station recorded just shy of 50mph gust around 3pm that’s strong in winter for my inner London location so it’s very impressive for August. This second half of August has been quite the change from first half, but I’m actually enjoying it more I don’t think it’s been a good summer month really, bit too much cloud for my liking and well the heatwave I didn’t enjoy. May 2020 on loop would have done me perfectly overall it’s been an OK summer in London I can’t say it was bad but nor that good otherwise very forgettable apart from that heatwave the storm drought goes on. Will it ever cease? 

• Like 3

Posted

A big contrast from yesterday morning, calm and clear at the moment with a current temp of 13.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
6 hours ago, Daniel* said:

It was a pretty surreal day warm and windy, my local amateur station recorded just shy of 50mph gust around 3pm that’s strong in winter for my inner London location so it’s very impressive for August. This second half of August has been quite the change from first half, but I’m actually enjoying it more I don’t think it’s been a good summer month really, bit too much cloud for my liking and well the heatwave I didn’t enjoy. May 2020 on loop would have done me perfectly overall it’s been an OK summer in London I can’t say it was bad but nor that good otherwise very forgettable apart from that heatwave the storm drought goes on. Will it ever cease? 

6 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I'd 2nd that for Norfolk... Its been definitely a average summer. June mixed very cool start to the month,  ,Cool cloudy July, August well Hot hazy odd storm, with muggy nights . I feel sorry for the guys in the North West. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

It’s been an enjoyable summer from a weather perspective because it has been so varied - it’s basically been unsettled ever since June !

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

It’s been an enjoyable summer from a weather perspective because it has been so varied - it’s basically been unsettled ever since June !

For most of region I don’t think it’s been unsettled and from a weather perspective I can’t say I’ve enjoyed this summer I think it’s been too similar throughout when you remove the heatwave and early June, but of course that would vary location to location, I had 70mm 150% of normal in June however 31mm on one day by a downpour and well given that anomaly you would expect more. In July I had 95% of normal with 32mm and well with August so far I’m on 82% of normal with 44.6mm, the average summer is dry here so even though it likely will be a bit wetter for this locale it certainly is not disastrous as it would be elsewhere. I think June was the most varied month in first half there was some rather cool and wet weather, only for second half to be much warmer with 3 consecutive days 30c+ in London, also a very nice sunny spell too. 

Posted
2 hours ago, slater said:

I'd 2nd that for Norfolk... Its been definitely a average summer. June mixed very cool start to the month,  ,Cool cloudy July, August well Hot hazy odd storm, with muggy nights . I feel sorry for the guys in the North West. 

I’m pretty convinced for an average summer this is little below standard it’s possible every single month of summer could be cloudier for Heathrow seems we had too much sun in spring. I don’t think you can moan about the temperatures or rainfall which for many would be good enough, maybe up in Norfolk temps have been not as warm. It’s been over 5 weeks since I’ve failed to reached 20C. I am tired of these balmy nights my average minimum this month is 17.5C roll on cool nights of autumn.

Posted

Oh no, another weather warning for wind Tues/Weds  for the south..I've only just righted the runnerbeans and de-mangled my Dad's gazebo!

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?id=11b08d93-9a9f-42d5-ab25-62f4a79c0e92&date=2020-08-25