Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Just had text from family member in Suffolk saying a 'mini' tornado just went by towards Boxford, I was watching from other side of storm thinking it might produce some scud funnel type thing on my side, but it was certainly ominous skies over that way. Storm has dissipated now or perhaps is picking up again around Stowmarket. Family member tells me it went right by them and towards house in field nearby. Some wobbly panoramics of the storm from my side. 

DSC06192crop.jpg

DSC06194crop.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

The last 4 days have been very dreary in London, dullest of summer. It was a quite nice evening today (yesterday) however it left it very late, how weather has turned I’ve had 33mm overall post heatwave 11mm on 16th and 23mm on 17th one big dumping, and few days with insignificant rain. I must say this is turning into a rather forgettable year for interesting weather much like 2019: no storms, no snow, no real gales, the heatwave was extraordinary but I didn’t enjoy it and I don’t think it was memorable apart from the discomfort. Cloud bubbled up frequently and it really did become very uncomfortable at night, the AC unit helped a great deal but that was towards end of heatwave, and of course it can only cool one room at a time. Must be nice to have built in like they do in states the leccy bill must be very very high. I think I read a shocking statistic in summer 73% of electricity in Saudi Arabia is used on air conditioning they need it there to stay alive! The growth of its usage in South Asia etc is contributing to increased emissions so really not good for combating global warming. We are fortunate in this country we don’t have to deal with such perishing heat, although we do in London get uncomfortable weather every summer, I still question whether it is truly worth it if usually is at most 2 weeks of discomfort. I’m very happy with purchase but perhaps if I didn’t have cash going spare I could manage sort of. Anyway, good night all starting to think more of autumn now, I’m noticing it more and more, trees browning and well it’s getting darker at 8! Next week sunrise be after 6am a big milestone as increasingly workers wake up in the dark, can’t say it’s most thrilling thought.

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, essexweather said:

Loving these cooler nights after a week of 25-27C bedroom temps!

Well Mr Essex it’s still pretty mild - and those temperatures are routine for mine. Come back when it’s 32C! 

D8D3D276-2E74-426F-B04C-EDA097BAC7E9.thumb.png.3c750529daa5f25ff96482edce2c263f.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

The weather has a different feel this morning,with a change in wind direction here from the past few days, stil quite humid  though.  

Edited by thunderpants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
2 hours ago, thunderpants said:

The weather has a different feel this morning,with a change in wind direction here from the past few days, stil quite humid  though.  

It smells like September. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

I hope out summer isn't over already. We need loads more sun without the extreme heat.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 17/08/2020 at 08:19, Blessed Weather said:

Foggy start here in South Suffolk too. I thought I had been propelled into Autumn when I opened the curtains!

I wouldn't be surprised if this August ends up in the 'wetter' category. Certainly some torrential rain about yesterday and it seems to have been very soggy around Thetford Forest up in south Norfolk:

Netwx Extra radar totals: 450638559_NetwxRainfallTotalSat16Aug.thumb.png.e122378b4ea7e6d1880cffbb2e772291.png

That rain must have fell over Dover at night, cause we've had nothing during the day yesterday, and nothing so far today. Its a nice sunny day here now, but we need some rain, I've even got dead brown leaves in my hedge. Mostly green still, but it's losing some leaves, as they do when it's dry. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms
2 hours ago, moogyboobles said:

It has a more autumnal feel thats for sure,not a bad thing really and  i'll be glad to see the back of this humid weather, and look forward to fresher feeling days/nights.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

Quite a nice day, 24C, gladiolus blooming nice splash of colour. 

36CD3402-2F73-4B90-9DA8-0D2894600433.thumb.jpeg.64dbd1ee06f10b9dd69f04f7a97ee26f.jpeg292C623E-3ABF-44A3-93A1-8EE421ECEB38.thumb.jpeg.b90ba3929c4605e99b5b8be5e59a8b42.jpeg

Didn’t know you could get white gladiolus, how pretty  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, it's been yet another stonker, here, in these parts: 25C and oodles of sunshine: who's complaining?:oldgood:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Here we go then, all change with the weather type as low pressure swings in off the Atlantic, with the centre tracking over Ireland on Thurs and and onto Scotland on Friday:

anim_eno0.gif

It doesn't look as if rain will be the talking point for our Region, with very little forecast over the next 4 days. Arpege cumulative rainfall Weds to midnight Saturday:

644693004_ArpegeCumPrecip19-23Aug.thumb.png.6f185d0e4abdcbee5261af34b51f9601.png

Thursday sees the area of strongest wind associated with the low move up the Irish Sea with our Region seeing no worse than a fairly average breezy day:

219974790_ArpegeGustsThu20Aug.thumb.png.3574ff6abe6d32d737b18e59c826162c.png

The strongest winds for our Region occurring on Friday afternoon as the storm moves into Scotland:

2071145473_ArpegeGustsFri21Aug16_00.thumb.png.b3df9b7f93b15485cc3487f70654eed1.png

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, yamkin said:

Been raining here since 9am. Temp is now 19.4C

Rain didn't start here properly till about 13:30.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Beachy head shrouded in cloud, taken from the old bathing pool end of St Leonard’s seafront, what a contrast with last week! 

DD3607C9-9941-4806-BCF8-0E2D6F253167.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Started raining here in Locksbottom just before 9am when there were some fairly moderate bursts.Since lunchtime mainly heavy drizzly type rain and temperature been pretty static between 18-19 degrees.Looks like a couple hours moderate rain in the early hours and then a couple bright breezy days.Longer Range looks not too bad for SE with not too much rain in forecast and temps in late teens to early 20s so very pleasant in the sun

• Like 1

Posted

Started raining here just after 9 and has pretty much rained the rest of the day including now. Mostly drizzle but 8.8mm so far. The 33c of Last Wednesday seems such a long time ago. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Very interesting BBC South East forecast this evening...Storm Ellen may be the first of several storms over the next few weeks as we've got an unusually active hurricane season coming that could have a knock on effect here. Said it could be a lively old Autumn. Wasn't expecting that !

• Like 2

Posted

Is the storm doing what it meant to be, as its starting to get rather gusty here already. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Dew points 19-20°C across the region tonight. Everything feels damp and the air feels heavy. Yuck! 

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Dew points 19-20°C across the region tonight. Everything feels damp and the air feels heavy. Yuck! 

Yeah, I thought we'd finally got rid of those, but here they are, yet again.