Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

The best aspect to this from a local POV is the thunder - everpersent and growing in magnitude for half an hour. Diddly squat by rain though, cambridge is an amazing place on the radar - storms everywhere to the north, south, east and west! 

C14DCBD8-00DF-44DD-A3D2-25DD9569BD72.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Incredibly it's remained dry here, glad to see some of you are getting your fare share of storms, still some baron spots mind,  # patience is a virtue. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
6 minutes ago, ITSY said:

The best aspect to this from a local POV is the thunder - everpersent and growing in magnitude for half an hour. Diddly squat by rain though, cambridge is an amazing place on the radar - storms everywhere to the north, south, east and west! 

I just know as always NW Kent is going to miss out AS ALWAYS can see this lot going to Suffolk/North Essex to Cambridgeshire East Midlands again. Would love to be proved wrong though!

20200816_154336.jpg

Edited by Kentspur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Here in Cambourne Cambridge super storm overhead frequent lightning and torrential rain

• Like 2

Posted

Brightening up here now after heavy rain. Just 3 distant rumbles of thunder with the rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
12 minutes ago, ITSY said:

I like the look of all those reds/purples, down there... could still be an active band of drizzle, by the time it gets up here?:yahoo:

Meanwhile, the Beeb app-thingie's forecast for storms at 4pm has been and gone!:oldrolleyes:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales
9 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

I just know as always NW Kent is going to miss out AS ALWAYS can see this lot going to Suffolk/North Essex to Cambridgeshire East Midlands again. Would love to be proved wrong though!

20200816_154336.jpg

Point those arrows up towards the middle of the North sea and you will be spot on 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still cloud here after the rain, can see some light stuff still to come through, hopefully the clearance come behind that. Still humid and blah here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
1 hour ago, Matty88 said:

It feels like I'm in the perfect position today at last :yahoo: just finished with a brief but terrential downpour. Looks like plenty on the horizon! Sun now out and feels steaming hot. Today has made up for the past 4 days without a doubt! Could be a great days storms for EA

Not seen a radar like this for a few years eh?

A76B7E33-44F6-451D-86FE-3C0BD7EA3923.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

So far everything staying to the south and south west, can't see anything really significant for most of Norfolk unless things happen on the NE edge. Still, new StrikeAlert is having a mini-workout!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales
9 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

So far everything staying to the south and south west, can't see anything really significant for most of Norfolk unless things happen on the NE edge. Still, new StrikeAlert is having a mini-workout!

Looks ok around Thetford and Swaffham area though so not all bad certainly better than Essex anyway 

Posted
Just now, Paul1968 said:

Looks ok around Thetford and Swaffham area though so not all bad certainly better than Essex anyway 

Swaffham is about as near as it's been, about 10 miles away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the cell to the south has arrived. That was one way of getting rid of the low cloud. It is yet again chucking it down with plenty of I-C lightning.

Flashes every couple of seconds right overhead now.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

A day of contrasts in Eastbourne, now blue sky and sun! 

530CFBEF-B875-42CE-96DE-6C08268ECC1F.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Just had a brilliant thunderstorm here earlier. Had a downburst as well which almost knocked my next door neighbours tree over. Storm lasted for just over an hour with constant, bright IC/CC bolts of lightning and thunder. Best storm of the year here for sure.

66C458E5-1213-4A86-BA04-46B891C1FB31.jpeg

C03B7F95-159C-4199-AC31-1B8C80F9F321.jpeg

62C14CCF-D068-406E-A98A-802B7FB09A18.jpeg

0DAE60A2-0D71-4E93-9FA8-73CCF5DCCC6E.png

7A6248B3-877A-413A-8942-48CFD0C56741.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I give up.

• Like 1

Posted

Well, that was biblically epic. Or epically biblical.

Decided to go for a quick drive-ette to the west and park up to see what was what. Headed to one of my fave places just before Bradenham, lovely view, dark clouds, grumbly skies. Notice that it was probably going to heave down, so hopped back in car. Got hit by what can only be described as a wall of water. Thought, hmm, possible flooded roads, better head back. I should point out that I was chasing in Garfield Mini rather than my usual mode of transport for this sort of thing, my Vito. 

By the time I got into Bradenham (literally 2 mins and aa mile later), the roads were already flooding badly, things got progressively worse towards Ashill and Saham Toney, visible tarmac was non existent - actually visibility was non existent. Darkness punctuated by regular flashes of lightning. Crawled along until I got down to Saham, people desperately trying to stem the floods, and still it was heaving it down. Spotted flash Merc up to its sills in water, decided to go another way. Met 2 nice chaps who suggested I park in the community centre carpark and phone the OH for a lift back in the Range Rover. Good plan, except that the flood water was rising rapidly around the Community centre and I had no intention of abandoning Garfield to his fate. 

Negotiate road to Watton, noticing how bloody inconsiderate some drivers are, poor people trying to stop the water coming into their houses and complete morons happily charging through flood water sending huge waves down people's driveways. Water erupting from drains etc, notice smell of sewage. Get into Watton, still torrrential but High St passable; get back to Hingham, looks like there's been nothing more than a moderately heavy shower. Get back home and literally no rain at all. Have a look a map and see how far Garvestone is from Bradenham-Saham-Watton. 

Moral of this story - Minis are really versatile but never wait that extra 5 minutes just to see what might happen!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
12 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Well, that was biblically epic. Or epically biblical.

Decided to go for a quick drive-ette to the west and park up to see what was what. Headed to one of my fave places just before Bradenham, lovely view, dark clouds, grumbly skies. Notice that it was probably going to heave down, so hopped back in car. Got hit by what can only be described as a wall of water. Thought, hmm, possible flooded roads, better head back. I should point out that I was chasing in Garfield Mini rather than my usual mode of transport for this sort of thing, my Vito. 

By the time I got into Bradenham (literally 2 mins and aa mile later), the roads were already flooding badly, things got progressively worse towards Ashill and Saham Toney, visible tarmac was non existent - actually visibility was non existent. Darkness punctuated by regular flashes of lightning. Crawled along until I got down to Saham, people desperately trying to stem the floods, and still it was heaving it down. Spotted flash Merc up to its sills in water, decided to go another way. Met 2 nice chaps who suggested I park in the community centre carpark and phone the OH for a lift back in the Range Rover. Good plan, except that the flood water was rising rapidly around the Community centre and I had no intention of abandoning Garfield to his fate. 

Negotiate road to Watton, noticing how bloody inconsiderate some drivers are, poor people trying to stop the water coming into their houses and complete morons happily charging through flood water sending huge waves down people's driveways. Water erupting from drains etc, notice smell of sewage. Get into Watton, still torrrential but High St passable; get back to Hingham, looks like there's been nothing more than a moderately heavy shower. Get back home and literally no rain at all. Have a look a map and see how far Garvestone is from Bradenham-Saham-Watton. 

Moral of this story - Minis are really versatile but never wait that extra 5 minutes just to see what might happen!

My friend lives in East Harling , I’m 3 miles away from him. They have been stuck under this for over 6 hours...however we have had nothing only until hour ago and nothing out of the ordinary... East Harling however are suffering with severe flash flooding, flooded homes, etc ... 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Sadly it looks like the Dutch action is just heading out into the N Sea

Is that not a good thing if it heads East to Norfolk? Finally getting rain and lightening in South Norwich though!

Posted
1 minute ago, runboy said:

Is that not a good thing if it heads East to Norfolk? Finally getting rain and lightening in South Norwich though!

Well the bulk of it is on a more northerly course but the stuff making landfall should provide a few sparks.

• Like 2