Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
20 hours ago, Coopsy said:

This morning it felt quite autumnal. And it got me thinking about the things I love when the season turns to autumn. 

I mentioned this in another thread. In Canada I loved September living in the Rockies. It’d start off warm and sunny (and the tourists would have gone). The leaves would then change to yellow and red as September progressed and there would start to be a chill in the air. 

The first snows would appear on top of the mountains and then every few days snow would come further down the mountains until one morning (usually early October) the first snows of the season would fall in the town. 

Here in the UK I love the foggy mornings and cooler evenings, smells of fireplaces and wrapping up warm. Hoping that the first snows of the season would arrive at all lol.

Are there any smells, sights, feelings that others here have that mean that autumn has arrived for them? 

The crispness of the air, scents redolent of blackberries, mushrooms, bonfires. Walking through woods blazing with reds, oranges, yellows, kicking through the fallen rustling leaves.  Watching the late afternoon mist forming in lower hollows and creeping up through the fields, until the horses visible only from their chests up become mythical fairytale creatures. Stars bright in the clear skies and finally, indoors to sit before the wood burner with my dog, dreaming into the flames.  

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

22c with humidity just under 90%. The sun is breaking through at times. A real mess of low and mid level cloud. Looking at the forecasts it seems my location is right in the potential sweet spot. I better prepare the canoe I guess....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Sun's been out for a while here, temp 22 dp 19.4 it's that second number we need to drop for the freshness to come back. Never seen our dp so high for so long. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

A rumble of thunder heard here. Still very calm, but the sun has gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

It's not exactly on a par with last week is it? Still, anyone nr Thetford should be hearing something now and then.

Capture3.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

weather's a bit ho hum. I blame alexa, she told me thunder and i got none. I don't think anyone did. shame on you, alexa.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any description.

Where the heck has the sun gone? Three days of clag and high humidity. Looks like another fail for any storms here today again. Very disappointing end to the heatwave so far.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Regular thunder just off the Sussex coast.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
1 minute ago, Newben76 said:

Where the heck has the sun gone? Three days of clag and high humidity. Looks like another fail for any storms here today again. Very disappointing end to the heatwave so far.

Isn’t it always the way? Crap winters, no storms. The promise rarely delivers 

• Like 2

Posted
43 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

The crispness of the air, scents redolent of blackberries, mushrooms, bonfires. Walking through woods blazing with reds, oranges, yellows, kicking through the fallen rustling leaves.  Watching the late afternoon mist forming in lower hollows and creeping up through the fields, until the horses visible only from their chests up become mythical fairytale creatures. Stars bright in the clear skies and finally, indoors to sit before the wood burner with my dog, dreaming into the flames.  

Sounds perfect (and a description fit for a novel) - love it. 

For the heat lovers out there. If you’re missing it already here’s real heat...38oC at 4am with a forecast high of 52oC

52BC982C-AA57-4A35-BD89-FA0822835315.png

Edited by Coopsy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hopefully fresher than the 90% - 100% humidity Arome is suggesting for some this evening Seaside!

796158113_Aromehumidity16Aug21_00.thumb.png.2754e1d835dabe4e56431e541c844ff2.png

NMM generally supportive of the Arome forecast for the heavy stuff later, although not such a clearly defined band of precip and the east coast missing out. This from 13.00 through to 22.00:

anim_gjo0.gif

Yes they have been forming south and north and west of where I am here.
Nothing like the Shoeburyness rain shield. 

Posted

Thetford storm far more active now but still not hearing it, must be all the low cloud acting like cotton wool....

Capture4.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

Who turned the light off. Its gone so dark here. Rumbles of thunder. No rain. Yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Rain and a few rumbles in Eastbourne

6AD69B81-E36D-4E2D-A36E-57CE99CABFAF.thumb.jpeg.034e27ece2e7d69604b836a27df3177b.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Yes the rain is here at last. The rain dance worked. A Nice thundery afternoon. Time for a tipple or two. Good Health to you all.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm watching that storm tracking across Anglia hoping for a high with it in the next hour fingers crossed

Posted
Just now, STE1490 said:

I'm watching that storm tracking across Anglia hoping for a high with it in the next hour fingers crossed

It's on the right trajectory but VERY slow moving.

Posted
Just now, Norfolk Sheep said:

It's on the right trajectory but VERY slow moving.

I'm not far from holbeach South lincs fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Interesting clouds heading towards Eastbourne on the A27 now very heavy rain!

E21C4DEE-DA5D-441F-9EAD-C4B0AA74F660.jpeg

Edited by bluebell
Mistyped word
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Things are starting to get going, looks like a lot more fun to come moving up from the south east, not here though we've had enough rain.!! 

Posted
2 hours ago, Freeze said:

I bet that clump of heavy rain heading for the south coast leaves a narrow gap of drizzle just big enough for here...

You mean like this? Still stormless here despite 6 days of plus 30c and awful humidity.

Lots of convection about 10 miles north of here yesterday and today, and now this...I bet the drizzly part passes over and links up with the towers going up over Ashford to turn into some amazing storm..

983D0F04-EF66-4D6C-9A24-9BF856EF6FBD.jpeg

Posted

Got a massive headache so hoping to get a storm to clear the air. Just spoken to my dad in Findon Valley where its started to rain. Radar and cloud watching, keeping everything crossed. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

You mean like this? Still stormless here despite 6 days of plus 30c and awful humidity.

Lots of convection about 10 miles north of here yesterday and today, and now this...I bet the drizzly part passes over and links up with the towers going up over Ashford to turn into some amazing storm..

983D0F04-EF66-4D6C-9A24-9BF856EF6FBD.jpeg

Hopeful that many of us will get storms soon.

Edited by DAVID SNOW