Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

After ysterday's storms here, which sore lightning on and off from 16:00 until the early hours, with torrential rain at times, things have quietened down somewhat this p.m, house temps have cooled off niceley as well, but it's still quite humid outside.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Game over?

Posted
23 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

After ysterday's storms here, which sore lightning on and off from 16:00 until the early hours, with torrential rain at times, things have quietened down somewhat this p.m, house temps have cooled off niceley as well, but it's still quite humid outside.  

I saw some of the lightning, missed me by miles, was hopeful for tonight. Not anymore.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Next week guys and gals and the normal School Holiday weather returns . I would prefer more Heat and humidity personally to this outlook but hey it is what it is and at least the desert lands may start to show some green that we are accustomed too . 

All models showing a deep low . 

36070086-08D2-4717-B0B2-5CA704DB9372.gif

E7A2707C-B1E7-4B1D-9D07-A561AE913951.png

18B97DBF-C72A-4CC9-A76E-2AF3D4EE8E25.png

9420057E-51EA-43F7-B4E5-A1DD9D9BE365.gif

ABF30AE5-99CE-4191-9D24-31F91AFCCDE1.gif

D351E684-26C7-43EE-81F8-9A982C4D5692.png

• Like 2

Posted

After sweating for two weeks I welcome it, I lost night's of sleep only for nothing. Bring me the cold temps. 

• Like 2

Posted

Massive busts from ECM in our region actual v forecast - showers/storms didn’t develop either because of cloud cover. The worst possible end to a major heatwave. 

8718212E-83A1-4DD2-ABEB-3CC39CA6FF99.thumb.jpeg.d552e6dcf4918c8136ca147d5f4ba746.jpeg59433CAB-40C8-4135-9ED3-B006DFE745F3.thumb.jpeg.5d1937d8e194eb7f4c1487f70837226a.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Massive busts from ECM in our region actual v forecast - showers/storms didn’t develop either because of cloud cover. The worst possible end to a major heatwave. 

8718212E-83A1-4DD2-ABEB-3CC39CA6FF99.thumb.jpeg.d552e6dcf4918c8136ca147d5f4ba746.jpeg59433CAB-40C8-4135-9ED3-B006DFE745F3.thumb.jpeg.5d1937d8e194eb7f4c1487f70837226a.jpeg

It is always the same.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Couldn't agree more Daniel, I'm astonished by the lack of T/Storms in our area of S.E.London, not only this Summer but also the last 2 Summers as well.

More proof, if it were needed, that heat doesn't necessarily equate, to Thunder.

No trigger in the Atmosphere, no Thunder.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Hi Tom, yes it seems we in SE London have drawn the short straw compared to rest of London we’ve had the most rotten luck in recent years, yesterday far south of a London got a storm there was quite a bad bit of flash flooding in Croydon. The showers/storms have either disintegrated apart every time and lost their electrical activity as they approached me, or have gone too far to my east, south, north or west the storm shield is “magnificent“. For August I’ve had a grand total of 1.2mm. There’s really been boo since May 2018 I’m not happy 6 days with temperatures above 30C, 4 days with temperatures not dropping below 20°C I’m not sure what it takes now. A lot of cape was modelled >1000J/kg and there are disturbances in synoptic flow but as with today, cloud has totally put a stop to anything developing instead we have what wouldn’t be out in place October. It seems we haven’t had a traditional heatwave the Spanish plume synoptic instead it’s sort of broke down from east and for us in E/SE of London closer to that estuary it’s no good W London on other hand.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
4 hours ago, Mesoscale said:

BBC still going for storms tonight.

Seeing as they've had thunderstorm predicted all day every day since Monday for my location, yet the closest we got was some distant rumbles, excuse me for being sceptical. 

• Like 9

Posted
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I’ve had more impressive storms during the winter! I’m quite shocked at the lack of decent storms after the last week. But if there’s one thing the weather is teaching me lately is - don’t be surprised 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Yay I have some wet stuff fallout of the sky, well OK it's only wet mist rather than drizzle, but it's something. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

The storms we had here in the Hemel area, came from a slow moving narrow band which delivered a lot of rain and a lot of lightning, again today the radar showing a similar set up in my area, with bands moving east to west, which is not what we need here as everyhere is drenched. Hopefully other parts will get some rain/storms today where it's needed. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
16 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Another sweat fest morning, 18c with 94% humidity and a dog with a bad stomach has made the morning all the more happy Saturday one n all ☺️

The BBC app thingie has us down far a dreich 22C today, and thundery showers throughout tomorrow... Yeah, right!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

The BBC app thingie has us down far a dreich 22C today, and thundery showers throughout tomorrow... Yeah, right!

How can you question such an accurate forecasting app! And the met office have been nothing but extremely accurate with their warnings of storms for this area! Shame on you there is no doubt in my mind that we have at least 3 more days of storms to look forward to, cos the apps never lie.:olddb:

Ps. Send help, I’ve lost all perspective on reality :help:

• Like 4

Posted

Here comes the rain again.?‍♂️

Posted

There’s been a blob of rain over me for hours now (just SE of rochester on the radar). A very wet dreary morning. 

Edited by Coopsy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Well a dull muggy 19.5c start to the morning...as other posters have added about weather apps... for my area they have been absolutely useless all off them have. BBC which normally is one of the best has been dire. Since Wednesday it has shown rain for every hour since then. Before you all ask yes there is a percentage shown there is a chance,  at times it has shown 80% and been sunny for that hour.. 

As seen by senior forecasters they have said in this setup apps will be utter useless.

Anyhow I haven’t recorded any significant rain now here for over 3 weeks...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

It's another overcast and very muggy start to the Day, here in S.E.London.

Local reporting Station (London City Airport), was recently recording a Temp of 18c and a Dew Point of 17c.

Which gives a relative humidity of 94%, no wonder it feels so humid!! 

Don't think there were any reports of Thunder around our Region overnight.

So those Forecasts that threatened it, were a complete bust again.

But never fear Storm Lovers, Forecasts are going for it again Today.

Had quick glance at the Radar just now, and it shows some more "beefy" ppn, forming just to the N.E. of London.

Feeling very old Today, it's my Youngest's 37th Birthday Today (ouch) but she'll always be my little Princess.

Must now get over to my Horse Racing Competition Thread, where I've got a lot of work on before Racing starts.

Should you Brontophiles get lucky, and get a bit of Thunder Today.

Could you please go steady with the Lightning bolts over Berkshire (Newbury), and Cambridgeshire (Newmarket).

It frightens the Racehorses!! 

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Morning all, seems we've moved into autumn already. I was hoping for another 6 to 8 weeks of something summery before descending into the cold and dark. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Up to 19C now, with a dew-point somewhere around 18C... But, looking on the bright side -- it's getting brighter!:oldgrin:

PS: And, for anyone-else who's sick of the recent pyrotechnical letdowns, The Legend of Bruce Lee (Netflix) has 50 episodes!:oldlaugh:

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 4

Posted

The price we pay after a heatwave is dull and gloom for days, still muggy, I wouldn’t say summer is over, these days September can turn out to be warm. I would have thought we will have at least one more shot of very warm weather before autumn proper sets in but might have to wait until some point in September.

Edited by clark3r
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter

Steady light rain here in Herne bay for the past hour. I can literally see the grass changing colour so that's a positive in my book!