Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

It's gone so dark here in Boxmoor, my ouside front door light has come on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Im still waiting for a decent storm, seen some impressive displays over the last 2 nights, but they've stayed out in the channel, still, at least it's a lot cooler, and I managed a better night's sleep last night. Hopefully later, I'll see some proper action, if not, well, that's life. Have a good day all

Posted

Finally after days of missing the storms we had a lot of rain, lightning and thunder last night in Rickmansworth, more rain this morning but still very muggy, the lawn and growing veg very happy  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Apparently the OH heard distant rumbles earlier, seems a storm of sorts managed to stagger inland as far as Norwich. Still bone dry here but looks as if we might get some light drizzle for a brief period soon. Hurrah 

Posted

We need this low cloud crud to burn off to get the storms going.... I'm hopefully there's more of a chance for breaks today than yesterday. If that happens then happy days. If not it's going to be another day of isolated events... but today's set up is certainly more in favour of EA than yesterday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Although a lot cooler this Morning, as some have stated above, still very humid.

Not surprising when you view the recent Air Temperatures, alongside the Dew Points, around our Region.

See Meteociel Charts for both, below:

TEMPERATURES                                           DEW POINTS

image.thumb.png.513bc8af7b2ccbda872cdc1180896244.png   image.thumb.png.fa7491d0fd3d61492171967df405b8cd.png

The Air above our Region, is almost fully saturated.

Have been impressed with the METO's Fax Charts, recently.

Their Forecasting of likely Convergence Zones, have been pretty accurate in my Book.

Their Forecast Fax Chart for Midnight, last Night, indicated a likely Convergence Zone, close to the Thames.

This resulted in a train of Thundery Weather, stretching ENE > WSW across N.London, and parts of our Region.

image.thumb.png.330ec8b86c72980268efbe63fd12bd90.png

They suggest there will be a similar set up, in the same area again at Midnight, Tonight.

image.thumb.png.d9dbcbc056b66f2abf505781b7bcea38.png

And it's still Forecast to be there, around Midday Tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.c45f4556f4087230705e4a13cf49bbac.png

We had some flashes of Lightning and cracks of Thunder, around 10 PM last Night, here in S.E.London.

I was totally oblivious to it, had "crashed out" earlier, courtesy of the number of sleepless Nights I've had recently.

There's obviously plenty of "juice" in the Atmosphere, as can be seen from the Thundery ppn, tracking across East Anglia, at the moment. If I were a Storm lover (and I'm not), I wouldn't give up hope of seeing some pyrotechnics, just yet!! 

Very pleased to see Overnight Model Runs continue with a theme of cooler conditions, and those deep orange 500mb colours, being "chased" away now.

With it turning more unsettled, I wouldn't mind placing a small Wager, on there being an equivalent amount of Thunder in my "neck of the woods" in the next few Weeks, to what I've witnessed in the nigh on last 8 and a half Summer Months, with Temperatures still relatively high.

To paraphrase a saying used in Bill Clinton's, successful 1992 Presidential Campaign:

"It's the unstable Atmosphere, Stupid".

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Well, another complete bust for us here, not a drop, flicker or rumble. Pah!!

Radar very quiet.

Edited by Darkcloud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms
8 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Well, another complete bust for us here, not a drop, flicker or rumble. Pah!!

Radar very quiet.

Wish i could send you some of what we've got, it's been horrendous here this morning with heavy rain and it's also very dark with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Having an afternoon out later, for a few drinks with the in-laws to be. Don’t want any rain, wind or thunder as it’s on the local harbour arm where we have bars and food stalls - so it’ll probably do all three!

Currently cloudy, calm and 19.1c

• Like 2

Posted

Suns now out here, so temps and humidity will rise, but after this mornings epic fail, after initial excitement, missed me a couple of miles, I shall not believe any storm is going to reach here until it’s literally over my head

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

As Thunderpants said been very wet so far this morning in herts . Had 16 mm from last nights storms in wgc and a further 7mm so far this morning making total of 38mm so far here since the breakdown. Grasses are greening up

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
31 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Suns now out here, so temps and humidity will rise, but after this mornings epic fail, after initial excitement, missed me a couple of miles, I shall not believe any storm is going to reach here until it’s literally over my head

What if I turned up with a bass drum and some light sticks? Would it help?

Meanwhile we've had 10 minutes of drizzle. NFN. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Nothing here again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Overcast in Benfleet, not much else to say, the low cloud further north arrived as last nights storm moved away.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

What if I turned up with a bass drum and some light sticks? Would it help?

Meanwhile we've had 10 minutes of drizzle. NFN. 

be more excitement than we’ve had so far

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Overcast and damp start in Eastbourne. Feels fresher in the light breeze but still pretty muggy.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

Are we really expecting more storms today? Just overcast with bits and pieces of rain and not overly warm, although quiet humid only 17c at the moment. Doesn't feel like there's much chance of T-storms later per the forecast but we'll see I guess.

Posted

Light rain and very dark here. It's still very warn and stuffy in the flat after days of heat. I can't believe I'm saying this - but I hope we don't get any storms tonight. It was hard to sleep in the heat and the last thunder was at about 1.30am last night, so I'd take a decent nights sleep over any weather extremes at the moment.

But - what a storm. Lightning every 2 seconds and torrential rain. I hope it's someone else's turn tonight. 

I see we have a double thunderstorm warning for Saturday here - a general one and a more specific local one. Might not make any plans for Saturday.

• Like 4

Posted

Still no thunder since April here, but frequent distant lightning in Northerly direction in late evening. Heavy rain this morning, very welcome for local gardens.

• Like 2

Posted

Made the mistake of doing dusting n polishing around the home, within 5 minutes absolutely soaked through, surely that can’t be normal! Checked obs station, only 20c, but 94% humidity, that explains the puddle I’ve turned into  

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

had a lovely evening watching a distant storm, so nice to see one when it's dark! 

woke up to light rain and coolness

ahhhhhhh

• Like 3

Posted

Hasn’t gone yet, might not be sunny but still sweaty heat here still waiting for the elusive storm, just hung out some washing, so that should make the heavens open

• Like 4