Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Nothing of note in SW19. I would describe it as a thundery shower, despite the fact that it was pitch dark beforehand. Good dose of rain mind and high level thunder but not a smidgen of lightning bizarrely. Temp now 20.8c so at least thats something. Seen better 'thunderstorms' in January. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
1 hour ago, Snow Queen one said:

On top of Wrotham hill sitting watching the rain fall Top of Wrotham hill sitting in a car watching

I made it halfway up Exedown Hill just to the West of Wrotham. Almost biblical rain wasn’t it???

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Convergance zone has shifted to north kent

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

I’m in Horley and there has been almost nothing here all day. A few blobs of rain, rumbles miles in the distance. No convection. No activity at all. Yet down the road in Merstham (can’t be more than 6-7 miles?) just spoke to a friend who has had the worst storm she’s ever seen, hail, lightening, huge gusts, aqua-planing cars. FLOATING cars, overflowing drains, carnage. Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase localised downpours... 

Yep, distant rumbles drizzly rain and humidity. 

It seems like all the thunderstorms that has formed this week has received a word of caution to deliberately avoid my area of London lol. 

I mean, at least it’s cooler now? 

Posted
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Seems to all being to the South West of me. How annoying. I can hear the rumbles but nothing to show for it!

We are very unlucky today. Another storm due to pass us by, this time to the north - we might get lucky if it builds into a bigger storm 

Edited by Coopsy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Meanwhile in Norfolk ing hopeless it's cold enough to warrant a hoodie when working outside. Brief glimpses of the sun all day, mostly dull and overcast and pretty chilly.

I hate it. I hate it all. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Oh well, lets see what tomorrow brings for the East. Iv'e had my fun and thats all that matters.#Father Ted and father fintan stack .

Posted

Missed out again. Nearest lightning and thunder was a strike or two towards Harrow.  Perhaps 5 mins of rain, not heavy, no more than a 1ml. A grand total of 2ml today. Temperature dropped to a comfortable 25°c, but humidity at 66%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Rumbling away here in Faversham. No lightning to be seen though and nothing being picked up on any lightning maps. No rain either ... which would be so so welcome right about now! 

Posted
30 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

Where are you Daniel? 

Surrey Docks, Rotherhithe across river to east is Canary Wharf a hidden part of London not known at all really - very quiet, leafy and residential. Even have a farm! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

It's at this time, as the steering flow turns to the East in Winter, I Post up a link to the Dutch Radar Site, Buienradar:

https://www.buienradar.nl/

I wonder if those T/Storms crashing away over Belgium and the South of the Netherlands will get sucked towards us.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 4

Posted
56 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I have no words I’ve endured most horrible night temps in this country 4 nights with minimums >20C and I can’t even get some rain? I’m still on 0.0mm for August. It never used to be like this.

F063ED4A-9DCB-4943-8761-90F89F6C453A.thumb.png.08656e9ea83909a424334be6231ce760.png

I would have thought you'd have had some relief from the Thames that snakes around your part of the world, but clearly not.

I work on the isle of dogs - it is indeed and little known quiet part of the world.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms
22 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Meanwhile in Norfolk ing hopeless it's cold enough to warrant a hoodie when working outside. Brief glimpses of the sun all day, mostly dull and overcast and pretty chilly.

I hate it. I hate it all. 

Good lord.!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Can hear a few loud rumbles from that Kent storm, even have a little rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Rumbles kicking off again. The rain is here, its finally here! 

It's been 84 years!

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Rumbles kicking off again. The rain is here, its finally here! 

It's been 84 years!

Lol feels like it.

Yup absolute downpour here and huge raindrops - thought the thunder sounds like it stopped when the rain got here. Strange storm.

Edit: Just as I said that the rain calmed down and thunder returned. Maybe it was so heavy I just couldnt hear the rumbles.

It looks like a secondary storm is forming behind it and heading our way - maybe within 30 mins

Edited by Coopsy

Posted

Was that it? Some rumbles here in Sittingbourne, some blobs of water and then it disappeared.

One minute the lightening map was showing a lovely cluster of dots now they've disappeared...

Posted

That’s it, I’m deleting the beeb weather app. After days of showing storm symbols, today they left all but 3 for midday. Then they take that away and leave us with sun all day. Now randomly put a storm symbol for 8pm tonight! Just taking the full blown pee now. (And yes, I know never to actually believe it ) 

• Like 2

Posted

So far for the Bexleyheath area, this hot spell is going out on a very quiet whimper!!  A few very distant rumbles a couple of hours ago, and that's it so far

The only consolation is it's so much cooler than of late.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
11 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

Lol feels like it.

Yup absolute downpour here and huge raindrops - thought the thunder sounds like it stopped when the rain got here. Strange storm.

Edit: Just as I said that the rain calmed down and thunder returned. Maybe it was so heavy I just couldnt hear the rumbles.

It looks like a secondary storm is forming behind it and heading our way - maybe within 30 mins

Yes, storm shield still holding stri9ng. Couldn't say I'm out of the No Storms Club just yet. Never had anything overhead just yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Heard the thunder a couple of hours ago, turned really dark, thought here we go.. then nothing, just fizzled out, not even a drop of rain...rubbish!

Posted
Just now, snowray said:

Heard the thunder a couple of hours ago, turned really dark, thought here we go.. then nothing, just fizzled out, not even a drop of rain...rubbish!

I know, crap isn't it!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, snow raven said:

So far for the Bexleyheath area, this hot spell is going out on a very quiet whimper!!  A few very distant rumbles a couple of hours ago, and that's it so far

The only consolation is it's so much cooler than of late.

Never say never....those storms on the radar look to have your name on them....

Posted
Just now, Coopsy said:

Never say never....those storms on the radar look to have your name on them....

I hope so!  Would be good to have one decent storm after the heat this week

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

That’s it, I’m deleting the beeb weather app. After days of showing storm symbols, today they left all but 3 for midday. Then they take that away and leave us with sun all day. Now randomly put a storm symbol for 8pm tonight! Just taking the full blown pee now. (And yes, I know never to actually believe it ) 

I'm sorry.

• Like 2