Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales

SSW,W of London game on,anything remotely E,SE,NE Then nothing doing at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
30 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Looks like the Essex desert is going to remain a desert for the time being

Didn't have time to update my whinge earlier this morning, but the mid Essex Desert did enjoy a relief of sorts a little while after I posted. It did dry up again quickly though. My next door neighbour was none to pleased with me as he was laying a concrete base and I told him it would not rain. Luckily he had a tarpaulin at the ready before too much damage occurred, I just hope we are still on speaking terms,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Turned very gloomy here in Lee, S.E.London.

Noticed a trough line along the Thames Estuary on the Meto's Fax Chart, for later on Today.

It could be that the convergence showing on that Map, that Mark Wheeler Posted earlier, has started to lift further North, and causing that "train" of thundery weather to lift North with it.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
5 minutes ago, exodus said:

Just checked and had 40m rain in one hour this morning 

God that incredible. Its about 150 feet.

On you on a boat?

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Rain has started and the thunder is getting louder.

Yep, quite heavy rain, louder thunder in almost continuous rumbles, first visible lightning and it's dark. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Very loud Thunder now . Scared by 5 year old her eyes nearly popped out her head and she wants cuddles . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Can't see my postcode on the netweather zoom as it is the same colour as the echoes! Good time to check out what bits of guttering need attention

Posted
1 minute ago, TomSE12 said:

Turned very gloomy here in Lee, S.E.London.

Noticed a trough line along the Thames Estuary on the Meto's Fax Chart, for later on Today.

It could be that the convergence showing on that Map, that Mark Wheeler Posted earlier, has started to lift further North, and causing that "train" of thundery weather to lift North with it.

Regards,

I think Paul Sherman mentioned in the storm thread something about a convergence line similar to a Thames Streamer in the winter. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms
2 minutes ago, claret047 said:

God that incredible. Its about 150 feet.

On you on a boat?

Kind Regards

Dave

That's global warming for you claret047.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Radar is looking promising, think Harrow should see something too!  

Yep! The sky has turned that icky yellow colour....faint thunder 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Radar is looking promising, think Harrow should see something too!  

Yes, something seems to have popped up over East London. Will no doubt strengthen significantly after it has passed!

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Wow Thunder Bolt , Really loud . Virtually overhead now .

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Very loud Thunder now . Scared by 5 year old her eyes nearly popped out her head and she wants cuddles . 

Yes it's really crackling and booming loudly overhead now with regular lightning and heavy rain. And yes, my son and I did do a quick celebratory rain dance in the garden, then ran in as the sky appeared to split above us! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
1 minute ago, Reefseeker said:

I think Paul Sherman mentioned in the storm thread something about a convergence line similar to a Thames Streamer in the winter. 

Hi Angela,

Yes, it's what our Thames Corridor dwellers crave in the Winter Months.

I vividly remember a back building T/Storm Streamer, that set up across N.Kent/S.E.London, at the end of a very warm/humid spell in September, a few Years ago.

I was TomSE20 at the time, and living in Anerley.

I can remember Steve Murr having his Basement Flat flooded by the event.

I think he lived in Bexleyheath, then.

If you view the current Radar animation, you can see the steering flow, turn more into the E, rather than S.E.

https://en.meteox.com/en-gb?fc=0&lightning=1

Regards,

• Like 1

Posted

I have no words I’ve endured most horrible night temps in this country 4 nights with minimums >20C and I can’t even get some rain? I’m still on 0.0mm for August. It never used to be like this.

F063ED4A-9DCB-4943-8761-90F89F6C453A.thumb.png.08656e9ea83909a424334be6231ce760.png

• Like 6

Posted
21 minutes ago, Mr Brown said:

Seriously? This thunderstorm seems like it’s gonna slip south of me here in Lewisham. It’s very dark here with distant thunder. 

Croydon, Bromley, Sutton, Epsom and the likes getting the action. *sigh* 

I’m in Horley and there has been almost nothing here all day. A few blobs of rain, rumbles miles in the distance. No convection. No activity at all. Yet down the road in Merstham (can’t be more than 6-7 miles?) just spoke to a friend who has had the worst storm she’s ever seen, hail, lightening, huge gusts, aqua-planing cars. FLOATING cars, overflowing drains, carnage. Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase localised downpours... 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I have no words I’ve endured most horrible night temps in this country 4 nights with minimums >20C and I can’t even get some rain? I’m still on 0.0mm for August. It never used to be like this.

F063ED4A-9DCB-4943-8761-90F89F6C453A.thumb.png.08656e9ea83909a424334be6231ce760.png

Where are you Daniel? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms
7 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

It's crazy Daniel*, not a million miles awyay from you and the top temp here in Boxmoor/Hemel today was 22.7c, currently 20.9c, but still very humid though. Big change from yesterday's temps.

Posted

I notice the m25 at junction 7  and m23 similarly both have 3 lanes closed due to flooding. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine
1 minute ago, pureasthedriven said:

I’m in Horley and there has been almost nothing here all day. A few blobs of rain, rumbles miles in the distance. No convection. No activity at all. Yet down the road in Merstham (can’t be more than 6-7 miles?) just spoke to a friend who has had the worst storm she’s ever seen, hail, lightening, huge gusts, aqua-planing cars. FLOATING cars, overflowing drains, carnage. Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase localised downpours... 

Yep I’m in Merstham and can confirm all that and more. We had 2/3 very close lighting strikes and all we could for a 45 mins was various sirens. Never seen it so bad here. We had to go out three times and try to unblock the train as water was rising rapidly.