Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Come on East Anglia, prehaps a rain dance to please the storm gods may help. You can do better than this. 

Edited by thunderpants

Posted

The only hope pls survive and intensify I beg

20200813_135809.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Well that 'menacing' shower is almost over me and have to say very underwhelming...a few spots of rain and nothing more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

23c to me is warm, but then the locals this way think I’m barmy when I go walking my dogs at 0c without a coat on, in fact it’s been commented that they know it must be flippin cold if I’ve actually put a coat on  just not a heat person, whereas my family are all sun worshipers and will merrily sit for hours in blazing 30c and my sister has been complaining it’s been cold and putting blankets on her bed overnight this week. Think I must have been adopted from a village of eskimos

Must be my Barbadian blood, my father was the same - impervious to British summers! 

• Like 2

Posted

Reckon the cell making landfall will intensify as it goes over land, clutching at straws here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Lots of loud Thunder but no Rain , It’s just missed us again by a whisker like yesterday .

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Steady rain now no thunder here - as I said underwhelming.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine
41 minutes ago, Bazza118 said:

Mostly inter cloud lightening that is hardly visible except for one fork lightening over to my west possible near Chipstead. Still no rain yet but very humid and lots of thunder. 

The rain has just stopped here, our road which is a dead end was flooding very quickly! 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Lots of loud Thunder but no Rain , It’s just missed us again by a whisker like last week .

Same, it ducked south of here in the end. It seems to have been the French storms that made it across this time. Hope it doesn't kill of the heat for the storms that were forecast for later. 

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 minute ago, Reefseeker said:

Same, it ducked south of here in the end. 

Yep , Meant to say yesterday not last week . Got some light rain in the end for a few minutes but nothing significant. Let’s hope we get one later .

• Like 1

Posted

I can hear constant thunder in the distant. Someone’s getting a good storm 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

New to the forum although posted a few times on the convective thread. What a different day to yesterday in herts. Dull and humid. Its amazing that this clag from the north sea can penetrate so far inland given time of year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Now in Benfleet, well there is some heat still left in this spell. 29c here, which feels oppressive with the humidity.

Inmust feel sorry for those further north and west, that NE wind has yet again delivered far more cloud than any model had predicted. I really hope the cloud amounts will decrease.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Big fat rain drops now all piling in off the channel by the looks of it, blue sky out the back facing the other way..!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Here it comes! Does law I'm in the clinic where I don't have a good vantage point....

Posted

Am I going crazy or did I just hear thunder near Chelmsford area? Nothing on lightning maps?

Posted

Huge cell literally developed over my house, constant thunder but no rain, looks like it’s heading NW of Ipswich so anyone in that direction get ready for some action 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms
1 minute ago, Dbarb said:

Am I going crazy or did I just hear thunder near Chelmsford area? Nothing on lightning maps?

This weather is driving us all crazy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Afternoon all,

I hope Malcolm doesn't mind, as the Thread is busy with the interesting Weather around our Region, at the moment but would like to return briefly to my comment about "A" Level results.

Although it's not Weather related, it is pertinent to the South East Regional Thread, I will reveal why in a moment,

I'm a really proud Great Uncle Tom, this Afternoon.

Just heard that my Great Niece, got an A * in Art, and an A in both Film and Geography.

Here she is below, with her amazing Painting of Chartwell House, near Westerham:

image.thumb.png.59e362a262050209b5cec33cbeebbd1b.png - next to it, an image of the real thing - image.png.54f61a1c0c86bba3e2df49a0f09e700e.png

I think you'll admit, not a bad likeness.

She certainly doesn't get that talent from her Great Uncle. I can't Paint or Draw, for "toffee".

She did the Painting as a present for her Grandfather's (my Brother-in-Law), 70th Birthday.

My Brother-in-Law does volunteer work at Chartwell, taking visitors around the Family Home of Winston Churchill.

No surprise to me, with that standard of work, that she achieved an A*.

Regards,

Tom. :hi: 

• Like 3