Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Feel like we actually have a chance of a storm today in East Anglia. although I'm sure the Estofex Level 2 has probably jinxed that. Could do with the rain as much as anything. Everything is parched, my pond is getting very low, to the point I've got to come up with a rescue plan for the fish if it gets much lower. I keep the garden watered by pumping an old well in my garden, but its been dry for two weeks. The first time I've ever seen it do that.

• Like 1

Posted

I assume the French storm died and never got here? 
Morning all, 18c with 94% humidity greets me this morning, BUT, we have a breeze, no hurricane by any means, but a breeze and it’s lovely. So another day of heat to come, no storms because that would be insane for these parts, but I don’t care anymore, who needs thunder and lightening, that’s for the common folk

• Like 2

Posted

Morning - just got below the “tropical night” threshold, down to 19.8c. A fair amount of lightning, not a lot of thunder, but we did get 6mm of rain around 3:30am which might save a garden watering this morning at least!

Currently sunny, humid and 21.4c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
10 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Morning - just got below the “tropical night” threshold, down to 19.8c. A fair amount of lightning, not a lot of thunder, but we did get 6mm of rain around 3:30am which might save a garden watering this morning at least!

First tropical night here.

We have been dipping into the 19c's (19.6, 19.8 & 19 9) but last night got no lower than 21c.

Max temps have been very consistent here the last few days. Always between 32.5 - 32.8c.

Edited by Radiating Dendrite

Posted

Morning all,  

I have to juggle auntie duties with the weather today - any idea if the storm risk is morning or afternoon today?. Don't fancy being caught outdoors in the storm with the little ones.

edit:ignore, I hear thunder already.

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted

Well quite a contrast to yesterday morning. Low cloud and a northerly breeze dare I say it almost feels a bit chilly.

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
35 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Hello Lottie, yes I woke up at 5.30 to a wet garden.. Like a fool I damn near opened the sitting room curtains.  Luckily I didn't as it's all dried up in Tunbridge Wells and the sun is shining.  Its also starting to get humid again.  So fans being cranked up.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like some big flash flooding concerns under the new storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Morning folks

Our rain shield has been been broken at last. We had two minutes of large raindrops falling moderately heavily. That is probably it for the next month  in the mid Essex Desert. Still storm starved.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

So, this is the longest stretch of successive 34C+ days since 1961 (six and counting)...and I remember it! It was also when I learned that sunbathing, on an ants' nest, was nae a very good idea!:oldlaugh:

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Good Morning folks

Our rain shield has been been broken at last. We had two minutes of large raindrops falling moderately heavily. That is probably it for the next month  in the mid Essex Desert. Still storm starved.

Kind Regards

Dave

Storm just started here in north Essex. Lots of rumbling and heavy rain just started.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A look at the overnight model output shows no consensus about the where or when of storms today, although the evening favoured. Here's the best looking chances and times according to a selection of models.

Arome 10.00 298240412_THURArome10_00.thumb.png.6d8af45353323051d8006696c4fbe96a.png Netwx SR 17.00 1199037071_THURNetwxSR17_00.thumb.png.b1afa16721d1850238edf72d209a4b4f.png

Hirlam 18.00 1005011889_THURHirlam18_00.thumb.png.a77c97ac302be6770493c04e2411756c.png Euro4 22.00 134350496_THUREuro422_00.thumb.png.7b8c96fd44958be75df5a455298f9d17.png

So it's looking like the radar will be a must for where developments happen.  Just in the last hour some storms have bubbled up in the Region, so the Arome forecast looking good:

08.10  54693298_Radar13Aug08_10.thumb.jpg.545667c0a5afe799da5f9fcc1b915d94.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Absolutely hammering down now. Seeing some decent flashes as well now. Thunder not particularly loud though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Seems the rain and the storms jumped Kent and north of us is getting the goods. It's just cruel now

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

'Tis really horrible, this morning...It's cooler, at 'only' 19C -- but, it's the same sodding airmass, so the RH is through the roof!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Couple of big cells across the SE/Anglia region! The developing storm over Colchester/Halstead looks to be heading my way.....can i get a hit in an hour or so?

Posted
5 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Couple of big cells across the SE/Anglia region! The developing storm over Colchester/Halstead looks to be heading my way.....can i get a hit in an hour or so?

Easing off now, was a good little storm while it lasted. Hope it makes it to you.

Posted
4 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Well that was about the most uncomfortable Night for sleeping, I can ever remember.

No surprise, with an actual Temperature of around 24c, for some of the Night and a Dew Point of 17c/18c, here in S.E.London. Hideous!!

Finally dropped off to sleep, around 3 AM. My Wife at one point, sat bolt upright, complaining she couldn't breath.

How anyone can enjoy these overnight minima, is beyond me.

To my mind, they must be some sort of Masochist.

Regarding Sunnijim's comments above, I made a Post the other Day about this very matter.

I can confirm that in the 1960's/70's, French imported T/Storms were likely to occur every Summer.

It was one such event in June 1966, that marked the start of my Brontophobia.

I lived in Bromley, N.W.Kent, at the time.

Our local Paper, reported that 3 T/Storms clashed over the area, that particular Night.

That sounds like a crude way of suggesting that an MCS was responsible.

The violent T/Storm(s) began around Midnight and was still rumbling away at 6 AM.

As I stated the other Day, I spoke about this very subject to local Meteorologist Ian Currie, last Summer.

We'd both noticed how strong the Azores High had been in recent Summers, throwing a Ridge N.E., towards the Biscay area, and forcing instability further East over N.France. This has only allowed the briefest of glancing blows from a "Kent Clipper", to excite those Brontophiles out there.  

"Remains" from last Night's Le Havre Storm finally crossed the Channel but left its Sferics, on the French side.

But the overhang of cloud from that, has already broken up, and the Sun is streaming through our Lounge windows, as I type.

The Fax Chart below, for Midnight tonight, should provide some interest  for the Region's Storm lovers.

A Trough, possibly marking a line of convergence, straddled along the Thames Estuary.

image.thumb.png.4a41ab04fc4ea27da453b0a67f5673a1.png

On another subject, I'd like to wish any Members/Visitors awaiting their "A" Level results, the very best of luck.

My own Great Niece, is eagerly awaiting her results.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Climate change !?. I recall the 80s and 90s storms along the south coast. Violent storms and torrential rain from France. Now we seem to get murky drizzle. I recall the snow drifts too in winter, now just fable to have happened.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 hour ago, snowblind said:

Well quite a contrast to yesterday morning. Low cloud and a northerly breeze dare I say it almost feels a bit chilly.

Dare to say it, it's flipping cold out there  

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Dare to say it, it's flipping cold out there  

Yeah, but we've just had a storm so go figure.