Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

These are the storms over France - Moving North-- If we have any chance its from these-

3CDFD31A-C24F-4CDD-8720-B9E160A28AAE.thumb.png.385de03213e3b7265f27f009581de6d9.png

Won’t these mainly decay over the channel?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

I think those storms in france have more energy with the increasing unstable air, so hopefully better chance of them making it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

These are the storms over France - Moving North-- If we have any chance its from these-

3CDFD31A-C24F-4CDD-8720-B9E160A28AAE.thumb.png.385de03213e3b7265f27f009581de6d9.png

Are they forecast to travel North or are they steering offf to the North West later (if they make it)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I got soaked! hahaha that felt good. The rain was surprisingly cold. Lovely big fat drops of the stuff. A few big booms too. Still raining a little.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events
2 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

I think those storms in france have more energy with the increasing unstable air, so hopefully better chance of them making it.

The BBC forecast i saw earlier did indicate that although the main area of Storms over France were unlikely to affect us they did say that storms were likely to form along a narrow convergence line stretching Belgium and South-east England (which also appears to be the source of the storms which occurred mid -afternoon). The graphics indicated that the majority of the storms would form mid-late evening and then drift across to the Midlands.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

The storm and rain shield of the mid Essex desert continues. We have had almost unbroken sunshine all day. At last there is now a pleasant breeze, Earlier it had been terribly humid and unpleasant. What chances for storms tonight/tomorrow? The same as other times I guess zero- although Essex Live which is about as accurate as the Daily Excess has us down with a 72% chance of storms tomorrow. I certainly wouldn't bet my shirt on it happening.

Up to the allotment shortly for my daily watering.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Where be those storm clouds ☁️ then?!  No sign on the Winchelsea Beach skyscape! Just a California blue sky stretching for miles!!

456545E4-39E0-4026-A07E-C5CBF23FEF08.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
18 minutes ago, claret047 said:

The storm and rain shield of the mid Essex desert continues. We have had almost unbroken sunshine all day. At last there is now a pleasant breeze, Earlier it had been terribly humid and unpleasant. What chances for storms tonight/tomorrow? The same as other times I guess zero- although Essex Live which is about as accurate as the Daily Excess has us down with a 72% chance of storms tomorrow. I certainly wouldn't bet my shirt on it happening.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hey the latest meto office automated forecast is giving me a 60% chance of a thunder storm at 8:00am tomorrow morning and 50% chance between 3 and 5 tomorrow afternoon. I realise that there's just as much chance of this not happening at all but it's better than nothing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms
16 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Kind Regards

Dave

Claret047, factor in the law of caos Dave and you will be blessed, like me today having my garden blooms destroyed. 

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, 80sWeather said:

Are they forecast to travel North or are they steering offf to the North West later (if they make it)

The radar animation on the met office site has them moving north but disintegrating half way across the channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, big storms and extreme weather

28 degrees and still uncomfortably humid here in Knaphill. Was perfectly placed between two storms and got sweetf all, so much so I was bbq’ing at 5pm! We most definitely have a storm shield over here!

• Like 2

Posted

Blimey, temps down from 33.9 to 21.9c here, better put the central heating on.

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

Blimey, temps down from 33.9 to 21.9c here, better put the central heating on.

In the nicest way possible, I’d like to say, I really don’t like you right now (please know this is a joke) I want that temp drop, now, right now and you had a storm, so  and double

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

31.. I’ve stopped sweating, there’s nothing left but a puddle on the floor 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

In the nicest way possible, I’d like to say, I really don’t like you right now (please know this is a joke) I want that temp drop, now, right now and you had a storm, so  and double

I know, i feel quite alone at the moment, i wish i had not had this MEGGA STORM.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well here in Cambridgeshire we have paid the price for the Heathrow/Midlands storm. Lots of thick high cloud over here. On the plus side it is probably a relief to many as the temperature has dropped below 30c.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 minute ago, Blazerblue said:

Liar

Damn, ive been sussed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Thought I would come here since were being moaned at in the storm thread. Was right on the edge of the storms west of London as they went up. Constant rolling thunder like I’ve never really heard before. Not much in the way of visible lightning. 

Cant see the storm over France reaching us intact. I’m not a fan of storms that are already that mature the other side of the channel. The models don’t support it either. Our best chance may be something popping up ahead of it however it seems the anvil shield is well ahead of them which may suppress anything 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Who else thinks that mcs is going to move westwards, and miss us out

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Is something about to kick off off the coast of Brighton ? 

50CFF472-99C0-496C-83A9-E682572032CD.png

• Like 1