Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

I can see all the action to my west and north but here in coulsdon it’s just very warm and humid. It looks like the storms are trundling up the a217 . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

massive downpour, large hail and very elevated lightening in Hatfield...moving NWest to Hemel....

Edited by Heisenberg
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Looks like a supercell now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

am very happy watching this storm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Just got back from Ivinghoe Beacon, amazing storm formation and on the way back some of the heaviest rain i've ever seen,roads like rivers and amazing amount lightning/thunder. if this does'nt clear the air i don't know what will.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

The temps have fallen from 33.9c to 24.2c in half an hour. 

• Like 1

Posted

Still quite a few widespread 30 shown on the gfs run for tomorrow, if we get quite a bit of sun wouldn’t be surprised to see 32 33 being recorded again tomorrow 

• Like 1

Posted

Storm now moving slowly westward, leaving Hemel/Boxmoor area rather battered and bruised.

Edited by thunderpants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, clark3r said:

Still quite a few widespread 30 shown on the gfs run for tomorrow, if we get quite a bit of sun wouldn’t be surprised to see 32 33 being recorded again tomorrow 

Me neither. And tonight's going to be a absolute stinker, humidity wise...Will somewhere record 30C, at 10 am?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

What a scorcher again, 33c for the fourth day in a row . A Breeze picking up and we had some flying ants, sure sign of a storm brewing. It does feel humid. Good Health to you all. No duvet tonight, and no logs on the fire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.
4 minutes ago, Hurricane Debby said:

Are we going to see anything here on the south coast ? I have never felt so frustrated !!!!

Unlikely I'm afraid.......

During the evening hours, a band or cluster of thunderstorms over northern France will begin to drift north across the English Channel, potentially affecting the Channel Islands for a time - it is unclear where these storms will survive the crossing, but the vast majority of model guidance is in agreement that they will decay fairly rapidly after leaving the coast, with lightning activity tending to hug the French coastline to the east. Nonetheless, a few elevated thunderstorms may be possible across S / SE England overnight, and perhaps at the end of the night close to the East Anglia coast.

http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2020-08-12

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

And now back to clear skies and Sun ☀️ 

77965AC9-C3EC-427D-991A-7DE74B2D3FEE.jpeg

Yes indeed. A bit disappointed TBH. On the bright side we had close to 2 hours of continuous rumbles of thunder in the distance plus the odd bit of lightning, so that's fairly unusual, plus some great towers building all around. But we appear to have been the breeding ground here for full-on storms and rain further west and north. My sister in Guildford could also hear the rumbles but has just had torrential rain too. I had higher hopes and wouldn't have minded a cool down from the heat for a while. Fed up of sleeping on the floor in our only semi-cool (by which I mean gets down to 26 degrees overnight) room with a fan on. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Near miss, but saw some flashes, heard some booms and had a jolly nice summer downpour. Got soaked.:yahoo:

Posted
29 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

The temps have fallen from 33.9c to 24.2c in half an hour. 

I wonder if it is the outflow from the storms out west? The temperature has dropped like a stone over the last 10 minutes, almost 3 degrees. Already feels a lot fresher.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
54 minutes ago, loubylou2905 said:

Im in Cambridge too, got all excited earlier thinking it was going to push up to us, but no 

Can see the huge dark clouds from here in Cambourne but as usual this year too far away and wrong direction.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Been outside to have a beer sitting on a wet seat - Yayyy!

Want to pitch a tent in the garden tonight, inside home its 31c - outside is a lovely 21c ! On second thoughts it might be a bit wetter tomorrow by the time I wake up ⚡ 

• Like 1

Posted

If i could have shared that storm with everyone i would have, i'd  have been happy with half that. this storm has relieved most of my roses of there pettles but at least the rest of the garden has had a good torrential soaking. Temps now at 22.3c but suspect they will rise soon.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder
16 minutes ago, Hurricane Debby said:

So frustrating isn’t it? So much heat and mugginess and so little reward. I need to learn to drive so I can go chasing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder
Just now, Steve Murr said:

These are the storms over France - Moving North-- If we have any chance its from these-

3CDFD31A-C24F-4CDD-8720-B9E160A28AAE.thumb.png.385de03213e3b7265f27f009581de6d9.png

Watch them die as soon as they hit the Dec (ducking English Channel)