Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
14 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Some people think this summer before this month has been bad...simply put in my location there just has not been enough rain/unsettled days to warrant it, my lawn is about as brown as it's ever been.

25.5c already outside...no wind all sun, will breach 30c easily at this rate (I'm on the coast).

Totally agree with you.

For some places up north ish it might have been a not so good summer but down here it just seems endlessly summer even without this extreme hot weather.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
14 minutes ago, nanu said:

How many ppl here will stand outside if a downpour does occur?   not only that, enjoying that smell of wet rain on dried fields and concrete?  Me!

My dad left me some notes to base on his eulogy (he passed away in 2018)...one of his 'loves' was rain on a lawn/garden after a dry spell in summer which exacerbates all the smells of grass, roses etc. God bless!

26.1c currently.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 9

Posted

All this moaning about the heat, its like we get it for months on end which we don't, unlike other poor souls in other countries, and its not that bad,should be getting used to it a little by now. 

Don't worry in a few months it be late Autumn early Winter, with Weeks of dreary depressing weather with little or no sun and horrid drizzle, with little prospect of it becoming deep, crisp and even, under deep blue skies when you wake up. 

How riveting The Winter season is in the UK. Not!! 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

All this moaning about the heat, its like we get it for months on end which we don't, unlike other poor souls in other countries, and its not that bad,should be getting used to it a little by now. 

Don't worry in a few months it be late Autumn early Winter, with Weeks of dreary depressing weather with little or no sun and horrid drizzle, with little prospect of it becoming deep, crisp and even, under deep blue skies when you wake up. 

But, apart from in 1976 (when it seemed to go on forever!) we don't have time to 'get used to it'... it's forever blowing hot and cold?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
20 minutes ago, nanu said:

How many ppl here will stand outside if a downpour does occur?   not only that, enjoying that smell of wet rain on dried fields and concrete?  Me!

But somebody has to switch that damn storm shield off over us,, might have to resort to doing a bus dance around a bus stop, Hey!.. it worked in the 80s

Me but only if it's just rain. I don't go out during lightning storms. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

Past few days have felt like I’m on holiday  the garden loving it too

79A26B62-ACBC-4989-9456-E4A45D552D48.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms
59 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

I’ve officially given up hope. No hope of a storm, no hope this god awful heat will ever go away (as everyday it just gets extended for longer!) no hope of meaningful sleep ever. I’m having a bad day, feel so sick n dizzy because of heat n humidity. And nobody say “drink more fluid” because I’m constantly drinking, therefore spending most the day on the damn loo. Women of a certain age, will understand. Hope out.

Keep the faith Blazerblue, i have a feeling all Hell is about to break loose.

• Like 3

Posted

Today's temp, 29C at 10 am, has just equalled yesterday's maximum... I don't think I'm looking forward to this afternoon!?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events
27 minutes ago, JK1 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=8d7953939bb9d610Past few days have felt like I’m on holiday  the garden loving it too

Yes must be nice and fresh on the coast. Less so here in humid SW London  

Posted

Can’t praise AC unit enough with last nights minimum temp 21.7C outside, in fact it got rather too cold so I turned it off but then woke up sweating! It’s back on to full pelt now!

It’s a scorcher and very sticky 30C & 20C dew point.

• Like 2

Posted

Well we have reached 30c at 11.05 today. Not a cloud in the sky either, so just another hot summers day. ☀️

Posted
59 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Other poor souls actually have AC built in their homes. Mate no one in London is enjoying this well some may be but it’s horrible in capital without AC to 12th in central average maximum is 30C and average low is 17.4C my average low in Rotherhithe is 18C. The mean is over 5C above average simply outrageous, we haven’t seen similar anomalies since extreme December 2015 and that was unprecedented but second half of August likely to be much cooler so expect the anomaly to lessen somewhat still bound to be notably warm.

21750EC0-187C-45D6-9685-77F101752DFC.thumb.png.5e25bcd133b8c09e0bb6a220cb1fbd84.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Crikey. 11.30am and its already 34°C here in NE Hants.

• Like 2

Posted
28 minutes ago, Snow Shoes said:

Yes must be nice and fresh on the coast. Less so here in humid SW London  

Nah it’s humid here too been reaching 30c or more most days so not much relief here too ha but love it tho 

Edited by JK1
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Just hit 30.5c here, so it's on for being even hotter than yesterday, OH B******S.!!

Posted

Cambridge at 31C, at 11 am...And, before the wittering starts, my bro, who's been visiting the botanical gardens, since his undergraduate days, says that nothing has 'encroached' since at least the1980s!:oldgrin:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Could this be right? At 11.20am seems extreme but I notice the wind is not Easterly here its Southeasterly and barely noticeable we do get a foehn effect with South or SEly flows and its by far the hottest day here since 31st July BBC only shows 30c at present not sure I believe that. My location- Gravesend/Northfleet borders by the thames

20200812_112800.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, JK1 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=8d7953939bb9d610Past few days have felt like I’m on holiday  the garden loving it too

That's a tropical looking garden!...lush grass as well, must have been watered regularly?

28.2c currently.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Could this be right? At 11.20am seems extreme but I notice the wind is not Easterly here its Southeasterly and barely noticeable we do get a foehn effect with South or SEly flows and its by far the hottest day here since 31st July BBC only shows 30c at present not sure I believe that. My location- Gravesend/Northfleet borders by the thames

20200812_112800.jpg

I would say your thermometer is correct, bbc have been very poor with their temperature predictions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

That's a tropical looking garden!...lush grass as well, must have been watered regularly?

28.2c currently.

Tireless Constant watering lol why need the storms or least rain so can have a break from it

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

20200812_112800.jpg

Depends what weather station you have and if the thermometer is housed, I have a Stevenson screen and is reasonably accurate although attached to the north side of a shed (should be more in the open).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Morning all, much cooler here today in Faversham. 26.6c at the moment which is the coolest it’s been at this time for a days. Lots of cloud around too. It feels stormy but I don’t want to get my hopes up. 

2802BF80-849A-47B6-B639-4DE24E1CD90F.thumb.jpeg.e9a5c77feb8125c1dd4d712262bf1b73.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

30c here at lunchtime, way off Cambridge at 32c though. There is a gentle easterly breeze, a bit more than yesterday.

• Like 1