Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
8 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Tomorrow looks like another day of pulse type storms breaking out during the mid to late afternoon. Just a hunch that the morning may very well be sunnier than the last couple of days for most, so potentially 33/34C could be more widespread across the region away from the coasts. Going for 35C to be reached or exceeded towards NW London. 

Spot on. It’s the sunniest morning we’ve had for a while and the hottest since Friday when we reached 35/36.

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

At this point, I wouldn't care whether it was just rain. My garden needs water. 

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Looks like a clipper.

No idea how accurate it is but if you play the radar animation on the met office site it's just going to disintegrate in the channel, along with anything else that attempts the journey between now and the end of tomorrow.

• Like 3

Another beautiful day ahead as this heat comes to an end in the next couple of days sadly. Was able to watch the distant lightening from the cells that popped up in Slough and Southall last night, didn't look like anything special but might have been a different story directly underneath. Hopefully we can keep those storms at bay today as it seems the SW and Central England are the favoured areas. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
12 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Looking at the blitzortung site I can see there's a massive storm wasting itself in the North sea.

https://www.blitzortung.org/en/live_lightning_maps.php?map=12

Don't torture yourself, happens every time, you watch later, bet that forecasted mcs moves out that way as well, another kent clipper coming up

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Officially abandoning 2020 for storms now. Getting a little annoyed by some gloating posts I keep seeing on other media platforms.

Still, I've had one small storm (6 rumbles of thunder and one flash of lightning), I ought to be grateful (not grateful). 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Warmest start in a few days now, up to 21c. Unfortunately there is a mass of mid level cloud slowly moving north and almost overhead. Hopefully this will thin and break.

23c at 09:00.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, snowrye said:

3 fan's on full blast, windows open, absolutely roasting last night, my mood not helped with scotland getting blitzed by storms, and a force field in the channel working overtime, I want this heat to end quickly, hopefully with a bang. 

Same here. The air con has been running all night, fans going trying to circulate the air. I’m going to end up with a massive electric bill but at this point I don’t care as it’s the only way I’ve been getting any sleep otherwise I would be in a really bad mood

• Like 5

Posted
16 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It's already 26.2 degrees here, the low was 20.1

Alexis I am in manston campsite its roasting hotter than yesterday and clearer so.much clearer also shoeing 26 degrees now 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

It's already 24-25c in Worthing, but it doesn't feel like it. In fact, it's seems cooler and more bearable than days gone by.

Bring on the heavy rain later ;) 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
36 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It's already 26.2 degrees here, the low was 20.1

I wonder if somewhere (somewhere the clouds avoid) will push 38C today?

Oddly, for me, I've had little problem with getting sleep; it's staying awake during the day that's been my #1 bugbear: all this heat and humidity is just so darned sapping!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

At this stage I'd just bank some proper rain, something to give a fresher feel for a bit.

Hopefully nothing too torrential, flooding would be an issue for many areas.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

I wonder if somewhere (somewhere the clouds avoid) will push 38C today?

Oddly, for me, I've had little problem with getting sleep; it's staying awake during the day that's been my #1 bugbear: all this heat and humidity is just so darned sapping!

I couldn't sleep last night, probably had a couple of half hour naps at best. Been alright on other nights. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events

Looking at the wider satellite pictures there appears to be little chance of importing any storms from the near continent any time soon. To my untrained eye it would appear that the current trajectory of the storms in France indicate that any which don't decay as they reach the channel, will either head up the western tip of the Uk or out across the North Sea (as snowrye said earlier "forcefield in the channel working overtime" ), so again think we're going to be reliant on home grown storms if we're going to see any action in this part of the Uk today. 

• Like 1

Posted

Will be very unusual if we don’t get a storm to finish this heatwave, more important in this area we need rain, I can only really remember about 3 or 4 days where we have had any proper rainfall since March.

• Like 1

Posted

I’ve officially given up hope. No hope of a storm, no hope this god awful heat will ever go away (as everyday it just gets extended for longer!) no hope of meaningful sleep ever. I’m having a bad day, feel so sick n dizzy because of heat n humidity. And nobody say “drink more fluid” because I’m constantly drinking, therefore spending most the day on the damn loo. Women of a certain age, will understand. Hope out.

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, clark3r said:

Will be very unusual if we don’t get a storm to finish this heatwave, more important in this area we need rain, I can only really remember about 3 or 4 days where we have had any proper rainfall since March.

Like this morning a nice storm heading right for me even strengthened in the channel, and then decided to die completely, not even rain, but the cloud is now here, being a pain. 

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

It's already 24-25c in Worthing, but it doesn't feel like it. In fact, it's seems cooler and more bearable than days gone by.

Bring on the heavy rain later ;) 

Just gone past 26C in Lancing and climbing steadily. There's an E/SE breeze today - it comes and goes, but any sort of air movement is welcome!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
10 minutes ago, clark3r said:

Some people think this summer before this month has been bad...simply put in my location there just has not been enough rain/unsettled days to warrant it, my lawn is about as brown as it's ever been.

25.5c already outside...no wind all sun, will breach 30c easily at this rate (I'm on the coast).

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Snow Shoes said:

Looking at the wider satellite pictures there appears to be little chance of importing any storms from the near continent any time soon. To my untrained eye it would appear that the current trajectory of the storms in France indicate that any which don't decay as they reach the channel, will either head up the western tip of the Uk or out across the North Sea (as snowrye said earlier "forcefield in the channel working overtime" ), so again think we're going to be reliant on home grown storms if we're going to see any action in this part of the Uk today. 

French imports won't arrive until ~7 pm onwards, a lot of uncertainty as to how far they will go but it's still too early to call. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
14 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Friends of mine nr Breda have had a bit of a pummelling, looks like other friends in Middelburg will be seeing some action. Wonder if it can limp across the N Sea, or does Area 51 only work for storms exiting East Anglia?

Used to stay in Middelburg many years ago, mention of there brings back memories. 

Posted

26.9 already here with an overnight 'Tropical' low of 21c - the most uncomfortable nights sleep so far as there no breeze.

I can't wait wait for this heatwave to breakdown - I'll take temps of 21-24c over this any day 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
26 minutes ago, clark3r said:

Most open grasslands are looking more like deserts in colour and texture.

As you say very little rain indeed.