South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Flashes in the channel!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
16 minutes ago, Downpour said:

It’s rather like Jean de Florette in the eponymous film. I’m with you. 

May be I was just being psychic lol, it's flashing in the channel now. 

Posted

Seems to be becoming more frequent over time!! More subtle flashes in the cloud amongst the larger ones

Posted

Slight rumble...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

I'm going completely bonkers now lol, no storms anywhere near, yet when I sit outside to cool down a bit, I keep hearing rumbles. It's got to be in my head. 

Same here! I think it's wishful thinking on my part!

Posted
1 minute ago, lottiekent said:

Definite rumble and lightning from the small cell moving towards Kent

That didn't start flashing till about ten mins after my post. Or at least I didn't notice it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

A grainy picture of A little flash from the channel and I wish you all goodnight 

2DB5C384-CA33-42A3-977D-1A4B21D0A464.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
3 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Yep we had that here, I think it was the french storms out flow, which is what causes the gust front, in front of storms. They were very strong. 

Ah thanks, I did wonder that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Has there ever been a worse year for the region? Every year storms are diminishing in number; I fully expect to register zero storms in 2021 at this rate. 

Posted

More flashes in the channel, wonder if this lot makes it. To light now to know if they've stopped flashing or not lol. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

It feels and the sky look more stormy this morning so hopefully a better chance for us. Sitting in the garden last night between 22:30 and 23:30 there was plenty of distant lightning to the s/west of my location but too far to here thunder, anyway another monstrous night for sleep with temps no lower than 21.1c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

3 fan's on full blast, windows open, absolutely roasting last night, my mood not helped with scotland getting blitzed by storms, and a force field in the channel working overtime, I want this heat to end quickly, hopefully with a bang. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
5 hours ago, Pokeman said:

Anyone know when the storm is coming to Kent? We have been told for a week that’s it’s coming but they keep changing it. They said Monday, now it’s Wednesday/Thursday 

Hi Pokeman. Welcome to Netweather. I moved this post from the Storms forum over to our Regional discussions here, were it's more appropriate. (Otherwise the Storms forum gets full with posts asking when a storm will hit a their location).
I don't who "they" were with the forecast of storms for Kent on Monday, but a look at the weather models this morning confirms that Kent is in the firing line from later today with storms coming up from France and the risk continues right through Thursday and Friday. Here's how the high res model NMM sees the period playing out, with this sequence from 16.00 today to midnight Saturday:

anim_ovj2.gif

Source: http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=3&mode=1&map=5

Edited by Blessed Weather
Link added.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all,

Any chance of a clear start has been scuppered somewhat thanks to some elevated convection initiating around sunrise. This has mostly formed in a line running west to east.

70B6F825-3F87-4625-AC29-616E6E395CBE.jpeg

I can see the cell moving through Leicester at the moment, but it is a hazy mess.

Any cloud or showers should slowly clear and break up. Showers later inland will be surface based and could pop up anywhere where the required ingredients are met (Probably temperatures above 32c).

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
5 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hi Pokeman. Welcome to Netweather. I moved this post from the Storms forum over to our Regional discussions here, were it's more appropriate. (Otherwise the Storms forum gets full with posts asking when a storm will hit a their location).
I don't who "they" were with the forecast of storms for Kent on Monday, but a look at the weather models this morning confirms that Kent is in the firing line from later today with storms coming up from France and the risk continues right through Thursday and Friday. Here's how the high res model NMM sees the period playing out, with this sequence from 16.00 today to midnight Saturday:

anim_ovj2.gif

In that case I think they are nearly here already, been watch radar and lightning maps all morning, got woke by flashes at dawn. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
12 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

In that case I think they are nearly here already, been watch radar and lightning maps all morning, got woke by flashes at dawn. 

Didn't dawn mind 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Morning, another hot day in store, onto Round 3 later (that's serious garden watering as opposed to some light drizzle moving up from France).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
11 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Yes, bubbling up nicely across the Channel and very slowly creeping over the water towards Kent. :oldsmile:

Radar 07.10: 1788563921_Radar12Aug07_10.thumb.jpg.17e76767a1dcec5842a0eb39ca8a7054.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
44 minutes ago, snowrye said:

3 fan's on full blast, windows open, absolutely roasting last night, my mood not helped with scotland getting blitzed by storms, and a force field in the channel working overtime, I want this heat to end quickly, hopefully with a bang. 

I couldn't agree more.  We're ok but struggling here.. It's far too hot.  

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes, bubbling up nicely across the Channel and very slowly creeping over the water towards Kent. :oldsmile:

Radar 07.10: 1788563921_Radar12Aug07_10.thumb.jpg.17e76767a1dcec5842a0eb39ca8a7054.jpg

Looks like a clipper.

• Like 1