Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Indeed looking interesting for this morning. Convection kicking off all over the Region atm with an active cell on the South Coast. Arome fairly bullish about the activity developing during the morning.

Radar 08.05: 682653898_Radar11Aug08_05.thumb.jpg.8669bcef70ad2250f81a3322c1379aed.jpg  Arome 10.00: 208000048_AromePrecip11Aug10_00.thumb.png.8b8fecc1be4c7c02c2d74a6df054f1e0.png

The OH said his weather app showed rain at 11am.

I laughed hysterically. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Struggling to get going here, the wind is forecast to veer straight easterly but at the moment there is a lot of mid level cloud and also low cloud moving in off the wash still as the wind stubbornly remains NNE.

• Like 1

Posted

Rain approaching north of Cambridge - I'm looking at the cloud bases out my window and they are extremely elevated and looking likely to fizzle. Thereafter I'm not anticipating an active day of storms in EA today but definitely the potential for some isolated storms this evening/tonight. Looks like opportunities increase Wednesday and Thursday slightly. 

Another warm and sticky one for sure!

• Like 1

Posted

I'm holidaying in Aldeburgh and this is the first morning it has actually felt hot on the coast. Currently 23 and very humid, dp just below 20. The wind has dropped for the first time in days.

• Like 2

Posted

Last night was HORRIFIC I think the worst night I’ve ever had didn’t drop below 21.6C all night and that was outside, with high humidity in upper 70s to lower 80s this unit can’t come soon enough.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Thunderstorm to my south WOOHOO!!!! 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Last night was HORRIFIC I think the worst night I’ve ever had didn’t drop below 21.6C all night and that was outside, with high humidity in upper 70s to lower 80s this unit can’t come soon enough.

Same here. The lounge went from 30 degrees to 27 degrees overnight with upstairs a few degrees hotter again. Ended up sleeping on the floor in our coolest room with a fan going. As others have said, it does look like air conditioning is becoming more of a summer necessity with the growing frequency of temperatures going above 30 degrees.  Let's hope we get that trigger for the storms that @TomSE12 mentioned.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any description.

An oppressive 30 degrees here near Gatwick at 10:30. Hotter than yesterday, more chance of a storm later albeit still a slim one. Here's hoping we can get some decent storms down South over the next few days. Surely we can't continue our unlucky streak.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Let us know if it’s any good, be particularly interested to know if it’s noisy. Because I think I’m going to invest in an air con unit for next year, not sure how well they work.

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Let us know if it’s any good, be particularly interested to know if it’s noisy. Because I think I’m going to invest in an air con unit for next year, not sure how well they work.

We invested in a portable AC unit last year. Put it off for a couple of years, but wouldn't be without it now. Before switching on, the room was at 28.6°c, at 2100, but it cooled the room quickly

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Worked outside pretty much all day yesterday; today is way more humid with just the lightest of E'lys. Just sorted out the chickens and done some random weeding and phew!

• Like 1

Posted

Had a nice little deluge here around 9.30am (just outside Ashford) with a bunch of thunder and a little hail mixed in ... overjoyed to feel the edge come off the temperatures, although it's rising quickly again now - and with added humidity. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events

Its only 11am and already netweather showing 31c at Heathrow and Gatwick (which is several degrees hotter than the same time yesterday ). It reached 36c here in SW London yesterday and so surely on course for a potential 37- 39c record breaking temperatures today ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

must be in with a chance of record going today if these conditions persist in North Surrey just a few miles to the south east of Heathrow it is perfectly clear and not still and 33c in a Stevenson screening my back garden !!

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Wow, local station showing 31.4 c already - think that's the hottest it's been at this time since this spell began. Not surprising considering how hot it was last night. What a fantastic spell of hot weather this has been!

A paltry 23 here in North Essex at the mo and much more barrable than the last few days although the humidity is 82%.

Had a heavy, non thundery, shower at 7 this morning. Since then it's been mostly cloudy. It's bright at the moment but the sun hasn't broken through yet and it keeps threatening to rain again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

25c here at midday. It is certainly clearer now and the wind is very light, the humidity if anything is higher than yesterday.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp is at 29.2 here, with a wind blowing from the NE, which is what sepressed the temps Sunday. We still seem to be climbing for now though. 

Posted

Midday, 30c (again) still no breeze to speak of. Went in garden, came in 30 seconds later sweat dripping in places sweat should not be dogs inside panting like crazy, it’s really starting to get to them too