Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events
19 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

After a “low” of 19.5c around 6am, then a high of 34.8c today, it is currently 23.7c

Hands up if you’re ready for some nice autumnal weather and duvets again? 

Count me in ! Had a high of 36c today here in SW London and currently hovering around 24c. Reached 36c on fri . 33c on sat & sun and potentially looking at 36-37c tomorrow. Too hot and humid to enjoy this so yes looking forward to lots of long cool autumnal nights ! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

It's 6 a.m and 20.0c with higher humidity than yeterday, so hopefully some of us will see some cracking storms. Notice some approaching Kent now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lot of mid/high level cloud to start here. That needs to shift pretty quickly. A low of 18c.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Anyone in the Rye bay area able to give some info on the cell that was spewing electrics between 5am and 6am just off the coast?

• Like 1

Posted

21.8 3rd night off the heatwave where’s it’s stayed above 21.0 arpege predicting 33 today, 23 tonight, and 35 tomorrow, way different then bbc and met I suppose all depends on seabreeze cloud cover 

Posted
31 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

A lot of mid/high level cloud to start here. That needs to shift pretty quickly. A low of 18c.

Looks like we could be in for something  maybe this morning few cells popping up 

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, STE1490 said:

Looks like we could be in for something  maybe this morning few cells popping up 

Well it's raining, but no thunder or lighting just plain old rain.

Posted

Morning...

A low last night of 21.4c and no rain.

Just hit 25.0c and it’s not even 7:30am...going to be (another) hot and humid day. 
The current bit of Kent rain is just missing us here, moving north just to my west. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, lottiekent said:

Morning...

A low last night of 21.4c and no rain.

Just hit 25.0c and it’s not even 7:30am...going to be (another) hot and humid day. 
The current bit of Kent rain is just missing us here, moving north just to my west. 

Aye, Lottie -- it's going to be a very oppressive day. Yesterday's max of 'only' 29C felt bad enough.

Posted

Rain on radar, absolutely nothing reaching the ground and extremely humid, today, I feel, is going to be awful. When is the snow coming?

Yup just checked, 94% humidity

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Rumbles of thunder here in Tunbridge Wells and a half-hearted bit of rain.  Very overcast but I suspect not going anywhere.  Fields and garden lawns looking terrible, brown and dead.  On talking with the Farming community it may well be that there is a hay shortage this year.  A Farmer friend of mine has only got half his quota in.  No more grass left..

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Snow Shoes said:

Count me in ! Had a high of 36c today here in SW London and currently hovering around 24c. Reached 36c on fri . 33c on sat & sun and potentially looking at 36-37c tomorrow. Too hot and humid to enjoy this so yes looking forward to lots of long cool autumnal nights ! 

Count me in a thousand times.  Utterly fed up with it.

• Like 2

Posted

Rain showing for over Sittingbourne but nothing here.. Debating whether to take the dog for his early walk but don't want to get stuck in a rain/lightning shower.

I take it back, we've had 4 spots..

Edited by Natty68
  • Like 2

Posted

At Last.. dark skys with odd rumble,, then again could of been the dustman... but its stopped that golden ball in the sky from shining down and heating my street up,, may it last all day!

• Like 3

Posted

Underneath the green on the radar and nothing but few drops falling out the sky 

Posted

Looking at the lightening map it seems to be centered around Lydd area. Hopefully it won't die out before it gets to North Kent.

Skies are looking grey and miserable and the temperature is 20 deg and climbing slowly. Not sure where the rain is though  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
30 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

Rumbles of thunder here in Tunbridge Wells and a half-hearted bit of rain.  Very overcast but I suspect not going anywhere.  Fields and garden lawns looking terrible, brown and dead.  On talking with the Farming community it may well be that there is a hay shortage this year.  A Farmer friend of mine has only got half his quota in.  No more grass left..

My fields look dreadful, I don't take hay from them any more but luckily I bought in some from a very early cut at the end of May at £3/standard bale. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Absolutely hammered down here at about 530/630am, next door left her washing out over night, it’s had another thorough rinse!

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

My fields look dreadful, I don't take hay from them any more but luckily I bought in some from a very early cut at the end of May at £3/standard bale. 

Its bloody depressing looking out at it.  Another Farmer I know is already buying in grub for his cows, steers and bulls.  I love Autumn and Winter but am dreading the hay situation.  On talking to the Farmer with the cows and I may have this wrong but he implied that the VERY LAST window of opportunity is September, but we've got to have some good rain first.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, STE1490 said:

Indeed looking interesting for this morning. Convection kicking off all over the Region atm with an active cell on the South Coast. Arome fairly bullish about the activity developing during the morning.

Radar 08.05: 682653898_Radar11Aug08_05.thumb.jpg.8669bcef70ad2250f81a3322c1379aed.jpg  Arome 10.00: 208000048_AromePrecip11Aug10_00.thumb.png.8b8fecc1be4c7c02c2d74a6df054f1e0.png

• Like 4

Posted

Oh well I think that rain bypassed us..it was more like heat spots than rain spots.

Even the portable air con units are chucking out warm air..

Getting totally fed up of it - doesn't help either when  you are a woman of a certain age either ☺

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Was woken up by loud thunder at 5.20am, managed to doze off and woke up at 7am to everything soaking making it feel tropical and sending the humidity even higher

temp now 22.7C, it's going to be a really uncomfortable day...

• Like 1

Posted

A small storm going on to my west At the moment, some quite loud rumbles but the rain is missing here.

Current temp 28.3c even with the cloud!

692880C2-E15B-4E15-B9B8-BDA13FD30774.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Another extremely hot and muggy night - a few more of those to come I suspect! 

Nice to see a bit of organised if elevated convection around our area this morning, looking good for some downpours today and a bit of lightning hopefully... nice to see

• Like 1