Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
1 hour ago, moogyboobles said:

I'm a fan of The Old Windmill in South Hanningfield, I have missed my lunches there so much! Can't wait to go back (I'm still staying home).

Watching those storms over North Wales is making me quite jealous. I sometimes go to a music festival in Portmeirion and what I would give to watch a storm over the bay there. It would be stunning. 

We have been there a few times and indeed it is good there.

@Paul1968 i said it was a light lunch- a beef burger and chips from the small outbuilding in the front garden. Adequate but hardly too challenging to get wrong. I have heard from friends though that the restaurant is expensive .

On topic the wind has increased here and it is now a lot less oppressive. As soon as it cools down further I will do my nightly trip up to allotment the other side of Chelmsford to water. A right chore. Hopefully we will have some rain soon. The clay soil is hard and if it is heavy rain it will just run off and not soak in. Light rain over several hours is much more useful

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted

A high of 33.3C here in lowland SE London was very hot and humid earlier on about 3C warmer than yesterday there's a nice cooling breeze now hallelujah been in garden all day, its much nicer compared to inside! My thoughts on this heatwave for my location a bit disappointing in terms of what I was expecting in terms of high temps and its really lacked totally cloudless skies which I adored in May. I had a high of 34.2C on Friday still very hot but I haven't been wowed yet. Last day of July was hottest here 35.6C I'm doubtful Tuesday or Wednesday will beat that.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

It's nearly seven and temps still at 32.0c here while humidity is quite low at 33%, dosen't feel like it though.!!

• Like 1

Posted

‘Only’ 27oC here at 7pm - feels like there’s still a breeze coming in off the estuary from a NE direction. I thought that was going to change today. I’m not complaining. The wind is dying down though. It’s gonna be a hot night 

• Like 2

Posted

Evening all

As I was trying to work, I'm not sure what temperature was reached here in lowland East London. Certainly 31c, maybe a notch higher. Currently 29c with humidity at 48% but a refreshing breeze from the river helping a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Still 28 degrees In Locksbottom.Been horrible working in this heat today as just too hot but it is what it is.Drank 5 litres of water but just feel knackered.Only 2 more days to get through and then hopefully temps will moderateAlso be great to get some storms and rainfall.

• Like 1

High of 35.5c today at heathrow - models / forecast spot on.

2/3 more days to get through before it gets better however heat & humidity will rise through Tues - where into Weds I think we break the overnight minima record ( ~24c ) before it all explodes at some point...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
18 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

The odd storm popping up in the extreme NW of our region- 

0297000A-20B5-4072-860E-D1A13472474C.thumb.png.ad350dcd08e1af62953facd182c64938.png

Can see it Steve from Chessington , Looks to be moving away Northwards . 

814CD6F5-B21F-42EE-8A93-862385CDBF9E.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Yet again its other parts of the uk getting some decent storms, here we are, in the hottest and stickiest part of the uk, yet we constantly miss out.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

This is getting silly now, temps here are still at 30.5c at 20.00, for the love of god give us storms/rain and fresher air 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Just driving ( well the wife is ) back From Devon , The outside temp of the car went from 27c 150miles from London to 34c and we are still 28 miles out from London . Weather also drastically different , mostly cloudy until 70 odd miles out but now mostly sunny skies .

edit - 35c now 

Similar experience here Mark. Left Bournemouth with car temp showing 26 degrees then half way up the M3 it starts to climb until sitting in the traffic jam on the M25 it hit 37 degrees around junction 11 (just before the two accidents and one broken down had us sitting there for 40 minutes to go a few miles).  The house has been shut up for a couple of days so a lounge temperature of 30 degrees greeted us - the coolest room in the house! Saw a few small attempts at towers on the journey and this evening the sky occasionally gets that mildly popcorn look but I think we're out of luck for storms.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
7 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Similar experience here Mark. Left Bournemouth with car temp showing 26 degrees then half way up the M3 it starts to climb until sitting in the traffic jam on the M25 it hit 37 degrees around junction 11 (just before the two accidents and one broken down had us sitting there for 40 minutes to go a few miles).  The house has been shut up for a couple of days so a lounge temperature of 30 degrees greeted us - the coolest room in the house! Saw a few small attempts at towers on the journey and this evening the sky occasionally gets that mildly popcorn look but I think we're out of luck for storms.

Yeah we recorded 36c  eventually I noticed just how much scorched the grass is compared to Wiltshire for example , Devon is still luscious green  . We  come off at Sunbury instead of the M25 as I noticed the journey time jumped by 30mins very quickly. We was lucky as I had a 2nd phone to reset the sat nav , I’ve come back to a boiling hot house too . Fans on full go and all the windows wide open , We also have the occasional strong whiff of marijuana coming in to the house but I can’t stand the heat so I will put up with it tonight . oh to be back in suburbia London . 

We asked my Father whilst we was away to do 3 things , Feed the fish , Remove apples and keep the parsley plant going . I guess he forgot one of them  

5C489B75-65FC-46E4-8BD2-A04C7100C2F5.jpeg

14CAA88E-B3FF-4BD0-B5DA-18238BDB129C.jpeg

B0C188B7-7F53-4FD9-A01D-51B9EEFF9D76.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Keeping an eye on this!

F996A650-08FA-4661-9B2B-4A6AC4806701.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

The plot thickens... Thunderstorm symbol at 23:00 from the MO, and a better looking future precipitation sequence for tonight... Fingers are crossed hard enough to break them! Haha

• Like 3

Posted

well thats a first, my air con has a 2 litre water tank, thats twice i had to empty that today. Probably doing same tomorrow! 

some rain echoes S/E of me on radar, wonder if the heat of london may get them to explode when they arrive?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Just got home

Still 24.4C here ! I guess heathrow may be around 26-27

Sets us up nicely for heat tomorrow 

Heathrow again.

I bet you will get in your car, early, and arrive at Heathrow for a 7 hour stay, enjoy it baby.

• Like 1

Posted

23.4 outside it actually feels a little cooler than the last 2 nights which has been over 25 at this time, however it’s only forecast to drop a couple of degrees at the most tonight.

Posted
27 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Just got home

Still 24.4C here ! I guess heathrow may be around 26-27

Sets us up nicely for heat tomorrow 

Hmm, Not sure about nicely, but it’s certainly going to be far too hot!

Posted

After a “low” of 19.5c around 6am, then a high of 34.8c today, it is currently 23.7c

Hands up if you’re ready for some nice autumnal weather and duvets again? 

• Like 8