Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
48 minutes ago, Paul1968 said:

Just 30 deg here but quite uncomfortable due to 61% humidity,no sign of any storms though today and that counts for tomorrow as well sadly

Just got back to Chelmo from Hullbridge, The temperature higher her but as it was so humid at Hullbridge it felt just as uncomfortable.

Had a very pleasant light lunch and drink at The anchor & sought a bit of shade in the nearby nature reserve.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
8 hours ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Hit a low of 19.3c overnight.

Expecting 33c today given yesterday and starting temp.

Hit 32.7c - just hovering in low 32s now with some accas cloud cover. 

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, nanu said:

Got cloud building between me and dartford roughly,, been clear all day till last 40mins or so.  maybe something, or not

Strong breeze now as well...

Knowing our luck, we are just the breeding ground for storms in the Midlands as usual

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of thunder here in West Cambs, but we missed the rain - just a few big spots. Sounds like east of Huntingdon got the best of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales
43 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Just got back to Chelmo from Hullbridge, The temperature higher her but as it was so humid at Hullbridge it felt just as uncomfortable.

Had a very pleasant light lunch and drink at The anchor & sought a bit of shade in the nearby nature reserve.

Kind Regards

Dave

Cant believe you had a nice lunch at the Anchor as was crap when me and the mrs went anyway back to the weather still warm at 28deg still no sign of storms 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
49 minutes ago, nanu said:

Got cloud building between me and dartford roughly,, been clear all day till last 40mins or so.  maybe something, or not

Strong breeze now as well...

Yup breeze picked up down this way...not so hot now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

It's just hit 33.3c here in the Hemel area and a short time ago you Could see that cell in cambridge from the A5 at markyate.

Posted

Increasing breeze,lowering temps,continued clear skies all day,certainly no storms today or tomorrow down here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
4 minutes ago, Paul1968 said:

Cant believe you had a nice lunch at the Anchor as was crap when me and the mrs went anyway back to the weather still warm at 28deg still no sign of storms 

I'm a fan of The Old Windmill in South Hanningfield, I have missed my lunches there so much! Can't wait to go back (I'm still staying home).

Watching those storms over North Wales is making me quite jealous. I sometimes go to a music festival in Portmeirion and what I would give to watch a storm over the bay there. It would be stunning. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

I'm a fan of The Old Windmill in South Hanningfield, I have missed my lunches there so much! Can't wait to go back (I'm still staying home).

Watching those storms over North Wales is making me quite jealous. I sometimes go to a music festival in Portmeirion and what I would give to watch a storm over the bay there. It would be stunning. 

Had some lovely lunches here myself,can't fault it apart from road closures due to power cuts recently.Anyway back on topic may have to wait until wed/thurs for storms here.

• Like 1

Posted

My weather station hit 34.5 today here in Stansted but on a flat roof so probably slightly modified... Still it's super hot! I've just ordered an air conditioner, last night was hell, can't take it any more. I'm so desperate for a storm to clear the air, gutted the northerners are going to cash in again while we sit under hot humid air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

With the air becoming more unstable, i would not be suprised to see some action before thurs, as with that cell west of cambridge today.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Blazerblue said:

There is rain coming over from France, into Kent, don’t suppose there is any hope of it building up once it hits land? 

It's been trying to push this way all day but seems to disintegrate once it heads into channel. UK storm barrier holding up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the feel today was far more oppressive than the two hottest days of the year. 29c (might have hit 30c here being south of the city), but with 55% humidity at the lowest. The Cambridge storm has crossed here now and produced just a couple of spots of rain. Sun is back out now.

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, Paul1968 said:

Sadly not,nothing doing here this evening/tonight 

Not even those bits coming over the channel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Just driving ( well the wife is ) back From Devon , The outside temp of the car went from 27c 150miles from London to 34c and we are still 28 miles out from London . Weather also drastically different , mostly cloudy until 70 odd miles out but now mostly sunny skies .

3999FB65-B240-471F-A488-80557089D1D1.jpeg

edit - 35c now 

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Yes, a few convective rain drops falling here. May not be thundery, but much needed. 

• Like 3