Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
6 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Well I never...

image.thumb.png.d8c8ac5ccc850309ca76ed9dfa710ba5.png

People flying into Heathrow are going to think they've landed in the wrong country!

Edited by Don
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
4 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

lol when they haven't had anywhere near the heat we have 

It has nothing to do as to which area has been hottest it to do with how unstable the air is.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Pleasant enough day on the coast yesterday. Reached around 24c in Oulton Broad before the wind properly picked up.

However some thick sea fog and drizzle to start today. Back to Peterborough later where it will probably be sunnier and much warmer.

Hmm... looking at the models, perhaps a toning down of the thunderstorm risk during the first half of the week, possibly more emphasis on the heat perhaps. Arpege has 35c widely on Tuesday and 37c across East Anglia Wednesday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Slightly cooler temps this a.m with a low here 16.4c, feeling quite humid though with leaden skies. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Hmm... looking at the models, perhaps a toning down of the thunderstorm risk during the first half of the week, possibly more emphasis on the heat perhaps. Arpege has 35c widely on Tuesday and 37c across East Anglia Wednesday.

Looking at the forecast on beeb this am, storms up the whole west of the country Monday, Tuesday the north east. SE and EA, nowt, nothing, nada

And I seriously hope those temps are very exaggerated

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Very soupy yesterday eve in the Surrey Hills, nice breeze this morning. Heading back to Norfolk and no doubt an annoying NE'ly later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 minute ago, Blazerblue said:

Looking at the forecast on beeb this am, storms up the whole west of the country Monday, Tuesday the north east. SE and EA, nowt, nothing, nada

And I seriously hope those temps are very exaggerated

Storm risk for EA looks poor tbh.

• Like 1

Posted

This heat is making me wake up early, so hot indoors, but lovely and cool in the shade at 20.7 in normal times that wouldn’t be classed as cool, lovely breeze but already starting to feel warm in the sun 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
10 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Storm risk for EA looks poor tbh.

Probably more delayed than anything else.  I think Wednesday night into Thursday for us.

As for the low cloud/fog, this should firstly burn back and second the areas affected should decrease as winds veer increasingly to the east. However no guarantees on this.

• Like 4

Posted
5 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

It has nothing to do as to which area has been hottest it to do with how unstable the air is.

C.S

C.S 

I am fully aware of the instability in the atmosphere and the Cape requirements as I watch and read the Estofex ⚠️.  It was merely a flippant regard to interestingly the least unstable air at the moment seems to be the hottest part of the country and yes all the storms have headed west 

• Like 1

Posted

Woken around 5am by a rumble in the Channel. Had a look at the radar and a small but heavy shower was going past, mainly stayed out to sea though and only produced 3 rumbles that I heard. Running the radar back over the last two hours looks like there been some tiny little showers here and there over Kent and south Essex.

Just had a small shower, didn’t amount to anything at all though, not even wet the ground properly.

Currently 20c, windy, humid.

BEE3AC07-67DC-497E-B6EC-1AFDCFEC48DD.png

• Like 2

Posted

We have some interesting micro climates round here. For those that know this area. Started off in wigmore at 18oC and cloudy.

Drove up to the top of Boxley hill very windy and chilly. Then drop down into Boxley village and sunny and 21oC and warm - very different feel within half a mile. 

Back home now and the suns creeping out slowly and up to 20oC . Much fresher than late. I’ll enjoy as it’s back to hot and humid tomorrow once the wind turns 

Enjoy your Sunday everyone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

21 and quite a poky NE wind. It did arrive yesterday at the same time as the cloud from the channel came over. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

A very uncomfortable night, bit of a breeze this morning thankfully, bit of interest for tonight in the region, and this threat gets stronger over the coming days, be nice to get some decent action. Another hot day coming up, but I'll be able to cool down ok, as we're having a picnic and pool party at mum and dads, by pool, I mean a quick set, 10ft round by 3ft deep pool, not a customer built olympic pool, ha ha ha, one day. Have a good day fellow south easterners, stay cool, hydrated, and use plenty of sun cream

• Like 5

Posted

wind picked up last night so  which was a relief,and helped cool the house.

Thunderstorm risk seems to have diminished this morning looking at the latest forecast for our region,typical/I can only remember one decent storm here in the last ten years,why do we always seem to miss out on them!

• Like 1

Posted

A very uncomfortable night, but a bit of a breeze this morning is helping. Currently 23.6c . I see the met office forecast issued at 4am this morning has London and surrounding areas up to 37c ☀️. This is where you miss an air conditioned office . 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Thought last night was more comfortable than Friday night and slept reasonably well.Temp here already 24 and reckon we will hit 30 plus subject to cloud cover.Monday-Wednesday look very hot for SE and as some have alluded to on Mod thread temps aren’t going to drop significantly till Friday.Just hope we have some good storms and decent rainfall-fed up with watering all my plants and pots now!!

• Like 2

Posted

Driven inland a bit (Just south of Beccles visiting the old village I used to live at). Sun is out fully here and quite warm (23c).

Looking at the current temperatures, it is going to need quite a recovery to hit some of the highs predicted today. It would be a shame that the North Sea has single handedly thrown a spanner in the works.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1