Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Real weird day here, got up to 29.4 then dropped to 27 now rising again it’s cloudy and very humid, hope the rest of the heatwave is not going to be cloudy

Posted

What difference a little bit more sunshine has. Up 1 degree already to 29.4c.  Does look like the se corner of East Sussex and Kent coast doing well. Hurstmonceux is current to temp at 33c 

Posted

Norwich still reading 23c, next closest reading is nearer Ipswich, at 29.5c. Obviously the north is cooler due to the wind direction, as I’m in the middle, although Norwich is the closer station, I’m guessing around 25-26c. Yesterday both stations showed the same readings.  We have some fluffy white clouds about, nothing of any interest though

• Like 1

Posted

A noticeable NE wind has kicked in here. Much cooler in the shade. In the sun and out of the wind it’s still bloody hot.

It reminds me of a time a person asked me about living in Canada and the difference between minus 30 and minus 40. My response: miserable or less miserable lol 

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It's a proper sweating doing nothing day. Hopefully this year will be rewarded with some decent storms during next week.

• Like 3

Posted

Temperature here, near Tunbridge Wells, is 34.5C under hazy sun and feels more humid than it supposedly is

• Like 2

Posted

Think I have given up for today, temp has started to drop again, max reached today 29.5 max reached for me this summer 29.5, going to have a nap, and check the thermometer at 5ish hope I get a surprise and it’s above 30 can’t see it though now for today 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Cripes, this must be the sweatiest 24C I've ever known! I keep having to wipe the sweat from my eyes...

Edited by General Cluster

Posted

The cloud has thinned with some hazy sunshine but still temps have underachieved today it’s a little too late now 32c at Heathrow some way off 35C forecast which I never saw where that was coming from wind direction not playing ball furthermore this cloud was in models, yet the last TV forecast I saw didn’t include any cloud at all for today. Not impressed with AROME today while it did forecast cloud it didn’t get a good grasp of how limiting it would be in London.

59EDA39A-EB17-4A13-981E-6E9818A6BD38.thumb.jpeg.d1d42a03b00d3cfa515034a361c0fbcf.jpeg

here’s a bee in my garden enjoying a foxglove  

140C9356-A861-49C2-8038-6149E4E650D0.thumb.jpeg.3b7a332c8ffd8a6a8966ccbdb436d2f8.jpeg

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

31.7c here in the shade!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Keep calm folks the storms are coming, as Del Boy would say,"lovely jubbly".

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

Keep calm folks the storms are coming, as Del Boy would say,"lovely jubbly".

It’s a death sentence expecting anything in SE apart from roasting to death. You’ve buggered it now the blame will be solely on you.  

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

2094EDBF-015C-4735-8D6B-F6FD453E42CF.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms
3 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

It’s a death sentence expecting anything in SE apart from roasting to death. You’ve buggered it now the blame will be solely on you.  

I apologize.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

The cloud has thinned with some hazy sunshine but still temps have underachieved today it’s a little too late now 32c at Heathrow some way off 35C forecast which I never saw where that was coming from wind direction not playing ball furthermore this cloud was in models, yet the last TV forecast I saw didn’t include any cloud at all for today. Not impressed with AROME today while it did forecast cloud it didn’t get a good grasp of how limiting it would be in London.

59EDA39A-EB17-4A13-981E-6E9818A6BD38.thumb.jpeg.d1d42a03b00d3cfa515034a361c0fbcf.jpeg

here’s a bee in my garden enjoying a foxglove  

140C9356-A861-49C2-8038-6149E4E650D0.thumb.jpeg.3b7a332c8ffd8a6a8966ccbdb436d2f8.jpeg

It made a real mess of the clouds down here (Portsmouth) - well they all did - sun has been out most of the day and reached 34C so far

• Like 2

Posted

Temps seem to have leveled of here at 28.9c, with a mixture of cloud and sun,yesterday at this time it was 34.0c, a lot more wind today though.

• Like 1

Posted

32.7c the max (hopefully) today, just after midday.

But still at 31c now.  any breeze we had has now died away and its very still.

• Like 1