South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

24.0c at 00:09! Feels continental out there

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

23.3C and it's just started raining here!!

Longing for some proper thunderstorms to clear the heaviness of the air....

• Like 2

Posted

In terms of mid-Essex, Writtle got to 34.8C (slightly lower than last Friday) and Andrewsfield reached 34.1C (higher than last Friday).

My own station recorded 34.6C (also higher than last Friday) and is my 3rd hottest day since my records began in Sept 2013.

Writtle's temperature today is its 5th hottest; its top five are now:
1.) 25/7/19, 37.7C
2.) 10/8/03, 35.7C
3.) 3/8/90, 35.2C
4.) 31/7/20, 35.1C
5.) 7/8/20, 34.8C

Notable therefore that three of its top five are from three different 'heat events' in 2019/20.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well my lowest temp so far is 24 at around midnight, it is now 26.3. Needless to say I woke up its so uncomfortable. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Helping my son move house today and he's hired a van with no aircon, inconsiderate git!!. Anyway after not much sleep it's 05:30 with a temp of 19.2c and feeling as humid as hell. It does feel like we're biulding up for some big storms with all the ingredients in place,hopefully!!  Have a good day everyone and try to keep cool.

• Like 3

Posted

I woke up to rain here (in north Kent) at 6:30, which surprised me. And heavy enough rain to make everywhere quite wet, rather than the odd spot of rain here and there. The tomato plants are smiling. Lovely smell in the air. 

Still a sultry 22oC 

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 2

Posted

Soaking after dog walk this am, no rain though! 20c, 63% humidity. And where the F is the NW wind? Stifling outside with not a breath of air. 

• Like 1

Posted

Min temp 22.3C the warmest night I’ve ever recorded the cloud made the difference acting as a blanket, it was a horrific night indoors 30C you just can’t sleep. 

AROME looks right with today with lots of mid level cloud in SE so today looks somewhat underwhelming and likely underachieving. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted

Gfsp still going for 36 today here, gfs 35/36 icon 35, arpege 34, suppose this will depend if this cloud breaks up if not it will be seriously uncomfortable, gfsp goes for 35 tomorrow and Monday

Posted
13 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Soaking after dog walk this am, no rain though! 20c, 63% humidity. And where the F is the NW wind? Stifling outside with not a breath of air. 

The charts show it moving round to more of a NE late morning - that’s what I’m waiting for too lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
7 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Just sat outside trying to cool down, inside is boiling, and I saw another shooting star, so that's one three night in a row now. 

Hi there.

you need to be very careful if your inside is boiling!

Hot and cloudy here in Chelmsford. @Mark wheeler it looks very tempting to travel to somewhere cooler. Enjoy your holiday

Kind Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Quite a cloudy start here

Gentle breeze and trying to air the house with all doors and windows open! Before the sun starts to bake us again,some breaks appearing now.

22c minimum last night.

Posted

Who’s right bbc or metoffice, met-office have it mainly cloudy all day, bbc have clear sunshine all day, it’s cloudy at the moment so met office are winning, both were way out for temperatures for me yesterday,looks like I’m in for bad luck again today, if it was clear sunshine it would have been perfect conditions for soaring temperatures, still this could change in next couple of hours, I really hope so. Yesterday the issue was the seabreeze which kept us down to 26, so far here it’s been nothing unusual expect for the warm night last night at 22.3 as a min  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, clark3r said:

Who’s right bbc or metoffice, met-office have it mainly cloudy all day, bbc have clear sunshine all day, it’s cloudy at the moment so met office are winning, both were way out for temperatures for me yesterday,looks like I’m in for bad luck again today, if it was clear sunshine it would have been perfect conditions for soaring temperatures, still this could change in next couple of hours, I really hope so. Yesterday the issue was the seabreeze which kept us down to 26, so far here it’s been nothing unusual expect for the warm night last night at 22.3 as a min  

No forecast got yesterday's 35C max anywhere near correct, but the NW app thingie was closest; it went for 30C!:oldgrin:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Broken cloud here so the sun should make an appearance soon. The wind however is already starting to develop.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
19 minutes ago, clark3r said:

Arpege supportive of the MetOffice view of today with lots of cloud about. Here's the cloud forecast sequence from this morning through to 22.00 tonight and black is clear with white cloudy. Late morning looks best for some clear breaks or thin cloud, with this afternoon looking cloudier. Already up to 22.8C here at 08.30 and it's cloudy.

anim_oks6.gif

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Arpege supportive of the MetOffice view of today with lots of cloud about. Here's the cloud forecast sequence from this morning through to 22.00 tonight and black is clear with white cloudy. Late morning looks best for some clear breaks or thin cloud, with this afternoon looking cloudier. Already up to 22.8C here at 08.30 and it's cloudy.

anim_oks6.gif

It’s remarkably  warm for a cloudy day though 25.1 now so has gone up 3 degrees even in the cloudy conditions 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Coopsy said:

The charts show it moving round to more of a NE late morning - that’s what I’m waiting for too lol 

I meant North Easterly, (I put NW) my brain has melted. :help:

• Like 3

Posted

Like most, it’s a cloudy but humid start after .2mm rain early this morning. Temp at 24c . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Currently in the Surrey Hills, cloudy with a light breeze. Can't see 30 being achieved tbh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

How hot is it gonna get here, already 30.6 its 10 in the morning. 

Sun keep poking it's head out from time to time. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
30 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

I meant North Easterly, (I put NW) my brain has melted. :help:

You're forgiven, BB...Lydd Airport was showing 27C at 8am BTW!:shok:

• Like 1