Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

We bought an industrial fan today......it's like sitting in an open top aircraft (need my ear defenders!) and the spaniels ears...well!!!!  Still....can't grumble really, it is August! 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, clark3r said:

Make the most of the relatively cool night tonight because the next few nights are going to be unbearable

Going to be a rough period coming up for sleep I feel!

Still its nice that if we can't go to Spain to get our heat, that Spain has decided to come to us here in the SE of England! 

Heathrow still at 25c...

• Like 4

Posted

Just worth repeating what has been put in the model, the UKV has London at 24-26c at 4am tomorrow night, and still at 28c at midnight.

Could be close to record breaking overnight min and would set up a possible record attempt on Saturday if the cloud levels permit it. Big IF though, I'm not sure the cloud levels will be quite low enough to allow it, but its a possibility. 

• Like 2

Posted

An uncomfortable day today only 28C but with humidity was feeling like 34C thankfully Friday will have low humidity. As for warm nights last July it was half 2 in morning and it was 26.6C (80F) these crazy warm nights are nothing new to me.

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, Coopsy said:

Are there any official sites near Maidstone? I've been there today and its consistently registered 30oC in the car - got home and it registered 28oC, exactly the same as my proper temp gauge, so I know they're not the most accurate but seems like it could have been plausible.

I drove from Folkestone to Ashford around 4pm and the car thermometer was showing 29.5c there.

Back home on my weather station I hit a high of 30.1c, compared to the forecast 25c.

I hope that doesn’t mean we’re in for another 35c tomorrow...pretty remarkable for the coast of it does hit that high twice in a week!

EE8BC54A-249E-4E04-B2CE-C077B2839239.png

Edited by lottiekent
Added pic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Is there a meteor shower around soon, only asking cause I saw a shooting star yesterday, and another tonight. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Well, I have to say I'm feeling increasingly depressed by the browning grass in the fields.  A farmer friend of mine has only been able to make HALF his quota of hay for this year.

Edited by Sidsnake
Added
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
21 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

Well, I have to say I'm feeling increasingly depressed by the browning grass in the fields.  A farmer friend of mine has only been able to make HALF his quota of hay for this year.

In our case though, Farmers are extactic because they are all able to now harvest wheat crop in what has been a terrible start to the year with months worth of flooding

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Lovely even fresh start here with the temp currently at 13.8c, not looking for forward to this upcoming extreme heat personally.

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, lottiekent said:

I drove from Folkestone to Ashford around 4pm and the car thermometer was showing 29.5c there.

Back home on my weather station I hit a high of 30.1c, compared to the forecast 25c.

I hope that doesn’t mean we’re in for another 35c tomorrow...pretty remarkable for the coast of it does hit that high twice in a week!

Quite remarkable for your location and so close to the sea. Hopefully it’ll be moderated but it’s looking toasty 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
28 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

Lovely even fresh start here with the temp currently at 13.8c, not looking for forward to this upcoming extreme heat personally.

To be utterly honest I like mid-20s and that'll do me.  The veg garden grows well in that.  I know some do like it hot, but not for me I'm afraid.

• Like 7

Posted

Feeling fresher this morning, managed my early morning walk without looking like I’d been for a swim in the river Blythe! According to the beeb weather app, tomorrow winds turn NE, and still 27c! But first the heat of today....how hot will it get, too hot for you heat lovers, enjoy, to everyone else, cheer up, as Yamkin posted, it’s not long til winter

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

Quite remarkable for your location and so close to the sea. Hopefully it’ll be moderated but it’s looking toasty 

Indeed...it’s an odd location, has both good and bad points weather wise as we take on a lot of influence from the continent. 

23c here already - have a good day everyone

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

@alexisj9 The perseids peak on the 12-13th!

• Like 3

Posted

Well we will soon be off to the races with the heating temperatures.

Looking very hot today. As I said on the models thread some of the high resolution models have a touch backed off from the record breaking type heat today and tomorrow, though all are in agreement of 34C+ being recorded so even if they are right, its still very hot indeed, and you'd expect the usual hotspots to be 1-2c up on that figure as well.

Current temperatures broadly match what was on the 00z runs of those models.

• Like 1

Posted

Beeb app has changed its thunderstorm symbols slightly, now from 3pm wednesday and all day Thursday met office app having none of it. For the triangle, I’m inclined to believe the met

current temp 21c with 73% humidity. 

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 3

Posted

Not even the slightest breeze here though surprisingly cool in the house with the windows open. Just waiting for the sun to hit it and I’ll be running round shutting the curtains like a madman lol. 

I think there’s a chance of the all time hottest nighttime record going over the next week (23.9oC Aug 3 1990 in Brighton) Especially if clouds build at night to trap in the heat. (EDIT: However the models have just edged away from the hottest temps forecasted by a degree or so - I’m now thinking it won’t be as hot as last week here (maybe famous last words) 

I hate the heat but when records go it’s always interesting and exciting (whether good or bad IMO) 

For the vulnerable amongst us stay safe and get through this. For the heat lovers, enjoy! 

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Very pleasant early doors in N Surrey quite a cool breeze which is great - doesnt have the intense heat feel of last Friday , but that could change ...

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Beeb app has changed its thunderstorm symbols slightly, now from 3pm wednesday and all day Thursday met office app having none of it. For the triangle, I’m inclined to believe the met

current temp 21c with 73% humidity. 

Several high resolution models have some shower activity breaking out over E.A *tonight* with there being a decent chance of something kicking off tomorrow (which is why some of those models now have a much lower forecast for tomorrow down to only 32-34c maxes).

Worth watching that band in the SW, it looks reasonably active and don't be surprised if mid level cloud from it spills into our region by 2-3pm which may just prevent the very highest temperatures occurring that are forecast.

The flow does look increasingly less stable, the AROME for example breaks ut quite a few showers tomorrow, which is far from impossible if the front remains straddled close to our area as oer forecast (as usual, the closer to the coast you are, the better the chances of keeping dry and hot, which is why the models are now focusing any 34c+ heat south of London).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
7 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Is there a meteor shower around soon, only asking cause I saw a shooting star yesterday, and another tonight. 

Perseids due mid August.

• Like 3