Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Lovely start here with a fresh breeze and a current temp of 13.0c, not looking forward to that heat friday/sat, it can BUGGER OFF.!!

• Like 1

Posted

Same @thunderpants, don’t want it, I know many many peeps will enjoy it, but I personally hate that kind of heat. Especially as we’re unlikely to get a storm at the end of it! Kinda hoping here near the coast we get a nice NE or E wind

• Like 3

Looking good from Thursday through to Monday (at the very least) for us down in the SE. Not sure why those on model output discussion always want such extremes in terms of temperature, high 20s is perfectly fine for most! Once it starts getting into the mid 30's it's not particularly pleasant if you haven't got AC (Probably the majority of those working from home etc). 

Wouldn't be surprised to see 38c somewhere, probably Heathrow/Northolt.  

• Like 4

Posted
13 hours ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Looking good from Thursday through to Monday (at the very least) for us down in the SE. Not sure why those on model output discussion always want such extremes in terms of temperature, high 20s is perfectly fine for most! Once it starts getting into the mid 30's it's not particularly pleasant if you haven't got AC (Probably the majority of those working from home etc). 

Wouldn't be surprised to see 38c somewhere, probably Heathrow/Northolt.  

Agreed, working in the kitchen for 7+ hours (the kitchen table has been my desk for 5 months now!) with 35c heat outside is not fun. I like mid-20’s as it holds the heat into the evening but doesn’t stay ridiculously warm overnight.
Windy here again from mid-afternoon, a generally sunny day though with a high of 21.9c

• Like 3

Posted

^ Hopefully the wind is calmer than here. It’s very blowy but clear blue skies. Enjoy Camber

The next few days are looking nice. For My area in the north Kent region I’d say tomorrow high 20’s, Friday low to mid low 30’s (maybe higher in favoured locales) and for me the most uncomfortable day and then a cooler NE/E setting in Saturday. Back to high 20’s (maybe feeling cooler than that if the winds direction and speed are right)

Thats my take on it anyway - enjoy Friday if you like the heat. Enjoy Thursday and Saturday if you like it cooler but still warm/very warm. 

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good spells of sunshine here now, Incan see clear skies to the south and east of here which would explain why temperatures are a lot higher (27c in Cambridge for instance). Still it has reached 25c at the moment.

Posted

Maxed out at 28c here, 3c higher than predicted, that doesn’t bring me hope for the next few days. Been breezy too, which is nice and some cloud starting to float this way, hopefully temps will drop for night time sleeping. Humidity as always feels yucky. 

• Like 2

Posted

Pleasant day today topped 23 degrees, interesting to see temps in the next few days, the 2 heatwaves we seem so far have been weird here as live about half mile from the beach, first heatwave in June temp topped 29 degrees but fell no lower than 21 at night, 2nd heatwave last week topped 28 degrees again did not fall below 21 degrees at night. Due to my location I feel Saturday will be the hottest day of the year here I think it will go above 30, I think esp here as near the coast I am expecting some very warm nights

Edited by clark3r
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

For the record, July 2020 in the East:

• Temperatures: Slightly cooler than average (-0.3°C) but with the hottest day reaching 36°C on the 31st
  • Rainfall: Near-normal (99%)
  • Sunshine: Slightly below-average (89%)

1852865164_EastJuly2020.thumb.jpg.b01b42ef8c05d18d9544359102f241ea.jpg

With thanks to Weatherquest via Twitter @danholley_

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

A bit on the blowy side here, otherwise a very nice day with temps topping out at 25.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just had a nice little shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Yet another day here temperature wise that has exceeded what the BBC website (rubbish I know) showed a couple of days ago for today (23c and then yesterday showed 25c for today)...and we get 26.8c max today!!. Lost count how many times this has happened over the last week or so in my location. 

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted

The bbc weather app showing lightening symbols for early Wednesday morning (from 2am - 9am), then again Wednesday afternoon and again early Thursday morning (5am) :oldrofl::oldrofl: bunch of jokers running that then

• Like 1

Posted

Some drizzle here this morning and humid with a low of 17.7c. It's going to be very hot and unpleasant for a number of us over the next few days, hopefully we'll get a couple of decent storms out of it and cool things down!!  

Posted

Just out for an early morning walk and the sun is already bursting through the clouds. T shirt weather already. And so begins the hot spell. And it’s now looking like quite a hot spell too.

I have a feeling we’ll be talking about this upcoming heatwave for a while after.....

9DFD370D-9DC2-43F1-8B90-85E38943A947.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

20c with 83% humidity at 8am. Having walked the dogs, felt like I couldn’t get a deep breath of air in my lungs and by the time I’d gotten home, I was soaked with sweat, very unpleasant and it’s only gonna get worse.