Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

A truly remarkable day yesterday. Maxed out over 35c! 

A friend of mine working in Kuwait however has been in 50-51c, and they are breaking records out there at the moment! A minimum temperature of 36c at night was recorded too. Crazy stuff. Said it was simply too dangerously hot to even venture out. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

A muggy start here with some patchy low cloud and temps down to 15.7c, yesterday was simply too hot for me and many other people i suspect.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Scores on the doors from yesterday (London/East Anglia at least).

36-38c London
34-36c west of the region
30-33c East of the region (coasts cooler though except for Norfolk).

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

This time yesterday shoreham airport was 27c (the max temp) Before it cooled down, now It is 18c much nicer and going to reach about 23c so not much different here than yesterday afternoon.

Edited by Freeze

Posted

A thunderless July here. 2 days of thunder this year so far - on the 16th and 17th April.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Not sure about the next couple of years but it's certainly on it's way, i'd say within the 25 years it could a regular occurrence around the the london area.

24 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

will we hit 40c in the UK in the next couple of years?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely afternoon, a fair bit of cloud earlier but this has tended to break up again. Up to 25c now with a gentle westerly breeze.

• Like 1

Posted

This is more like it, a lovely day with temps at 23.5c here, still feels muggy yet my station is showing only 46% outside and 47% inside humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A beautiful start with clear skies over almost the entire Region (before the cloud builds later). I've got the patio door open and it's lovely to have some refreshing air coming into the house.

1673740548_Satellite02Aug08_35.thumb.jpg.4f9b3873ee39eeedb13014715d475f0e.jpg

Looking like the heat is back with a vengeance from Weds of this coming week. The battle to keep plants in gardens and allotments alive looks set to continue, with GFS suggesting hardly any rain for us over the next ten days. The chart showing quite a NW/SE rainfall split over the UK:

Cum precip to 11th Aug: 1218402326_GFSCumprecip02to11Aug20.thumb.GIF.82e8ae30e66d75ad0231297d51863cb2.GIF

• Like 7

Posted

A fresh and bright start here. The risk of a showers or two again today, but there should be good sunny spells for all.

image.thumb.png.8380d3051cf215e95a3cb02856ab6f3c.png

22-24c so fairly warm.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Still hit 25c here today...don't think that was forecast. 31c forecast here on the coast for both upcoming Friday and Saturday and that will probably creep up nearer the time, so probability inland in the south east will probably be nudging 35c+ I would imagine...God help us all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

I see Heathrow has reached almost 26c today despite the apps and forecasts I’ve seen only predicting maxes of 23c today . Beautiful day here , On visiting my garden this morning I have discovered we have a badger that has dug up several holes ? in my garden . 

• Like 5

Posted

Hovering between 23/24c. Perfectly acceptable for early August. Good spells of sunshine too today.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Ground turning the same shade of 2018 Brown here !

4B842340-F4CE-4ED9-A7BC-502544B02BBC.thumb.jpeg.400acc4243b8d98306484e816850d6b6.jpeg

That's lush!...I posted my front lawn yesterday on the Summer Ramps and Moans thread, decidedly browner. 

12 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

That's lush!...I posted my front lawn yesterday on the Summer Ramps and Moans thread, decidedly browner. 

It did get a dose of Water 3 weeks ago when we let the 12ft swimming pool down!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

That is because we live in the Essex Rivera, with average annual rainfall totals less than that of Tel Aviv. With our annual rainfall are unofficial desert areas.

Posted

Unexpected heavy downpour with some hail last night around 8pm, very localised as it hardly showed on the radar. Still the garden appreciated it and was nice to hear. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It looks like the first decent August in ages is on the cards, there was talk of it hitting 40c here by the weekend, but that was in the MOD thread lol

Posted
37 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It looks like the first decent August in ages is on the cards, there was talk of it hitting 40c here by the weekend, but that was in the MOD thread lol

Only 40c lol.

• Like 3