Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Does anyone want to explain to me why we get such high temperatures for nothing to happen and yet in the north they get storms, seems to happen a lot? 2012 was a great example? I don't want to give up yet but I cannot see any instability, still looks like the cap is firmly inplace?  

Posted

They just put the triangle into the zone and give warnings to Wind us up I’m sure, as usual nowt for us after a horrid humid hot day. I officially hate summer, if there no storm after the heat, I’ll stick with winter, where the triangle will miss the snow too need to move

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

It can hold up for a couple of hours please as having a meal this evening in a pub garden ( the star in Malden Rushett ) for me and wife are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and also my mum and dad celebrating their  44th anniversary. no storms just yet please .

Happy 10th anniversary to you and your wife and an even bigger one for your parents Have a lovely evening - just a few drops of rain here a couple of hours ago, so your evening out should be safe☔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

just had a very small amount of rain with todays hot temperatures and now looking at the radar that is all we're going to get as usual 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A little rain coming out of these clouds now here. Barely worth anything though.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mesoscale said:

Does anyone want to explain to me why we get such high temperatures for nothing to happen and yet in the north they get storms, seems to happen a lot? 2012 was a great example? I don't want to give up yet but I cannot see any instability, still looks like the cap is firmly inplace?  

Often the way. We suffer the sweltering conditions and the northerners grab all the action.

They are closer to the centre of the low over Iceland than us down here so their cap is weaker along the trough?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
4 minutes ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

Often the way. We suffer the sweltering conditions and the northerners grab all the action.

They are closer to the centre of the low over Iceland than us down here so their cap is weaker along the trough?

Standard these days, the Midlands and NE/NW is usually the best place. Very little action on the S and E.

• Like 1

Posted

Storms to the left of us, storms to the right, here we are stuck in the middle with virga 

A461B25E-64C3-4113-9DB6-705B7DF31ACE.png

• Like 5

Posted

Chelmsford (Writtle) and Andrewsfield reached 35.1C and 32.4C respectively today, meaning mid-Essex has now reached 30C after failing to do so during the heat at the end of June. The last year where 30C wasn't reached at either of these stations was 2009.

My own personal station just north of Chelmsford recorded 32.6C.

• Like 1

Posted

Disappointing to miss out on the storms. At least I just caught the end of a beautiful sunset. Still very hot indoors despite the lovely cooling breeze outside. 

IMG_20200731_210421.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Usually lurk but had to post to ask what this cloud formation is all about over Peckham, SE London. Photo taken just after the peak of the heat as the cloud was starting to bubble up and moved overhead from the west. 

It was almost like a fold in the sky. 

4FDB474B-739C-4133-ADE4-4BD3E9AF306C.jpeg

10320AA2-73A5-4EF7-AA48-E98D00A70002.jpeg

09981806-BF95-4CB2-893E-A43995EB3FB0.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
24 minutes ago, h2005__uk__ said:

Chelmsford (Writtle) and Andrewsfield reached 35.1C and 32.4C respectively today, meaning mid-Essex has now reached 30C after failing to do so during the heat at the end of June. The last year where 30C wasn't reached at either of these stations was 2009.

My own personal station just north of Chelmsford recorded 32.6C.

Yes got very hot and humid here in North Springfield. Is the station at the Writtle College? I used to have to visit on occasions of freak weather impacting on County Council buildings when I worked for ECC Property Services Department to inform reports I had to produce to submit to Committee.

Did you see the beautiful sunset this evening. Truly spectacular.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, elpy said:

Usually lurk but had to post to ask what this cloud formation is all about over Peckham, SE London. Photo taken just after the peak of the heat as the cloud was starting to bubble up and moved overhead from the west. 

It was almost like a fold in the sky. 

4FDB474B-739C-4133-ADE4-4BD3E9AF306C.jpeg

10320AA2-73A5-4EF7-AA48-E98D00A70002.jpeg

09981806-BF95-4CB2-893E-A43995EB3FB0.jpeg

I saw this feature too over North London at about 4pm. Thought I was imagining it as it looked so strange. It was a narrow leading band of cloud, in front of it completely clear skies, behind it lots of higher alto cumulus. Some sort of wind convergence perhaps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Lovely hot day. Got to 33.4c in my kitchen/office. Who would have thought that I would need to water my grass (partly seeded last week) 3 times today. Was hoping for a drenching, instead got about 10 drops on my patio.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 minutes ago, all weather said:

Lovely hot day. Got to 33.4c in my kitchen/office. Who would have thought that I would need to water my grass (partly seeded last week) 3 times today. Was hoping for a drenching, instead got about 10 drops on my patio.

I got nothing, except a half asleep light show to my east now, can't see north, so must be seeing the bulgiem stuff. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well, another spectacular disaster for the south east then

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, claret047 said:

Yes got very hot and humid here in North Springfield. Is the station at the Writtle College? I used to have to visit on occasions of freak weather impacting on County Council buildings when I worked for ECC Property Services Department to inform reports I had to produce to submit to Committee.

Did you see the beautiful sunset this evening. Truly spectacular.

Kind Regards

Dave

Yes, it's at Writtle College. It was a great sunset this evening!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

Amazing red sky here currently...

Best ive ever seen-

50D32CFC-0141-48E9-AEAB-CEC780140D8C.thumb.jpeg.748333a54734a934ff7f8c707cedd043.jpeg

Yep it was amazing among best I’ve seen so vibrant and ‘heavenly’. 

• Like 2

Posted

Anyway It was a very hot one today but the rare time it was quite bearable humidity was low, it isn’t now, however reached 35.6C It’s currently 21.6C.

Posted
59 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Well, another spectacular disaster for the south east then

What were you expecting? Storms were always highly unlikely in the SE which has turned out to be the case

Posted
3 hours ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

I saw this feature too over North London at about 4pm. Thought I was imagining it as it looked so strange. It was a narrow leading band of cloud, in front of it completely clear skies, behind it lots of higher alto cumulus. Some sort of wind convergence perhaps?

This makes sense. Could see mammatus trying to form on the western edge.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I would say it is feeling fresher today, but actually yesterday morning was quite cool. Sunny skies again to start and actually this weekend is looking okay. Just one or two showers possible on both days. 

Saturday

arpegeuk-41-14-0.png?01-05

Still in the mid-twenties for many today.

Sunday

arpegeuk-41-39-0.png?01-06

A little cooler on Sunday, but still decent.

• Like 2