Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

Plenty of  humidity in North Kent, sweating buckets!

Same here in se Kent, I'm dripping. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Wow who would have thought the heat would build so quickly to 37.8 in 2 days in London, here on the coast we hit 27 today which was hot enough, all eyes on next weekend now I’m hoping we can get a few days of heat 

• Like 2

Posted

G'waan give us some thunder! 

Really feeling those Heathrow temps in this area! 

IMG_20200731_163855.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just scraped over 34c here, felt like a furnace outside with the wind blowing. A few bits of mid level convection around, not enough to stop the sun shining though.

• Like 1

Posted

35.8c here on the coast in SE Kent an hour or so ago; much warmer than forecast. Patchy high cloud now bubbled up so temp dropped to 33.3c.

See there’s a storm off the northern french coast but doesn’t seem to be coming this way sadly.

• Like 1

Posted

My first post here, been meaning to sign up for a while.

It got to 33.1 a short while ago in North London but has fallen to 32 now

Edited by Arch Stanton
mispelling
  • Like 8

Posted

lots of high cloud here in s/e london, sun blocked out (thank god) darker clouds south of me makes me think that the big raindrops will start soon as neighbours just started the bbq!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Max of 35.7c here, lets hope those showers heading our way deliver the goods. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Interesting satellite pic, can clearly see the cold front out W but also ahead of it, the trough, running down from the Midlands, CS England in into N France past Paris. Might be something thundery popping up along that trough, more likely across E England/E Anglia, imho 

51AA68CB-FE81-46C9-89B1-853F553A263B.png

• Like 7

Posted

Still cloudless blue skies here, temp 30c, considering the east was the forecasted area for storms, it’s not looking good, I know still a few hours to go. West seems to have the clouds building, but we need them here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

My first post here, been meaning to sign up for a while.

It got to 33.1 a short while ago in North London but has fallen to 32 now

Welcome. It's a great forum with experts, super amateurs, learners, newbies and lurkers all enjoying that strangely exciting interest call meteorology. You certainly picked a great day to join - scorching here in NE Hants.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mizzle said:

Welcome. It's a great forum with experts, super amateurs, learners, newbies and lurkers all enjoying that strangely exciting interest call meteorology. You certainly picked a great day to join - scorching here in NE Hants.

Thanks Mizzle, I've been reading this site for years so better late than never I guess.

31.0 now and its been very gusty this afternoon with clouds building up - usually a sign of some electrical activity. 

Posted

Clouding over here in Bexleyheath, which I am relieved about as this time of day, the sun moves round so it streams into our kitchen and front room, making it far too hot. ♨️♨️

Would be good to have payment in putting up with this heat with some decent thunderstorms ⛈?⛈?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Clouded over here with large rain drops (very brief!).  Would love a good storm 

Posted

Question... most forecasters say storms for east anglia/ se england etc etc with that 30% storm covering zone with temps about 34c, met office said same thing. But as of 5 mins ago we have had a temp of 37.5 and storms kicking off just south of glasgow in irish sea. Me thinks the proffesionals are not reading the right data in the right areas. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
2 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

G'waan give us some thunder! 

Really feeling those Heathrow temps in this area! 

IMG_20200731_163855.jpg

It can hold up for a couple of hours please as having a meal this evening in a pub garden ( the star in Malden Rushett ) for me and wife are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and also my mum and dad celebrating their  44th anniversary. no storms just yet please .

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Clouded over and stupidly humid. Fingers crossed for a storm.

• Like 1

Posted

Spots of rain here. It shows as very light on the radar. I’m surprised it’s made it to ground level with this heat 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

My nearest weather station topped at 35.4 today, and now some lovely looking clouds have come over, wind has picked up enough to knock over my parasol.

Oh what I would give for a lovely storm right now. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

We will never know what the old station for Gravesend recorded they need a new recording site ASAP in NW Kent Dartford to Gravesend area would be highest I expect in Kent 

• Like 5

Posted

I can't believe it got so hot here in N. Kent. My washing was actually drying while I was putting it on the line to dry..

Thankfully there has been a breeze, and it hasn't be so stifling with the heat but it's still unbearable.

It's gone rather dark now so wonder if we are going to get some rain or thunder, as predicted ⛈