Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Can’t seem to edit ^

So netweather are going for a SE wind meaning more areas (in my region of north Kent anyway) in the running for temps into the 30’s on Friday - assuming that wind direction is correct.

A very brief warm up as Thursday will be nicely in the mid 20’s and then the cold front rapidly comes through Friday night so back down to mid 20’s again by Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Starting to warm up now with temps here at 22.0c, tomorrow 25.C+, followed by 30.C+,then hopefully BOOOOM. then back to nice comfortable temps.

• Like 1

Posted

It’s a lovely day perfect temps really. Can’t see why we can’t see mid 30s on Friday in London most times there’s cloud / thunderstorms which is of a concern. BBC weather app going with 35C at Heathrow. 

• Like 1

Posted

25oC here today. Summer is back! I’m going with tomorrow 28oC, Friday 33oC and Saturday 27oC. Enjoy - but although it’ll cool off for a bit don’t be surprised if summer comes back full force shortly after.... 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the early high cloud has moved away now so hopefully as fine and sunny one to come.

Tomorrow is certainly looking hot, this month has almost been July 2015 in reverse with the stupidly hot day coming at the end of the month, in fact we might not be too far away from that high.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A few lovely days of summer heat coming up, but not without a possible mini interruption to our enjoyment late Friday afternoon and evening as a decaying cold front moves through with the risk of some patchy, showery rain to dampen the bbq coals. But nonetheless hot and hopefully the front will just bring a band of cloud for a few hours. Friday forecast:

Arpege temps & precip 18.00: 316843515_ArpegeTemp31July18_00.thumb.png.6ae3b1859e5a980a30e727cd6da5c9ce.png268462008_ArpegePrecip31July18_00.thumb.png.05e44e8014ed75c658ed6d1fb5d27a1e.png

Fax chart showing decaying cold front Friday midnight: 500853680_FaxChartSat01Aug00_00.thumb.jpg.feb1b679404801746f96ae699e7b4352.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Stunning afternoon, just a little high cloud and a gentle southerly breeze.

28c at the moment with humidity around 30% so a fairly dry heat at the moment.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Temps here currently 29.5c and also showing low humidity of 32%, could be some very high temps recorded tomorrow with a lucky few getting some fireworks. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A wonderful day, reaching a temp of 26.3C here at 14.55. Me and Mrs Blessed enjoyed a drink in my local's beer garden late this afternoon with some passing cirrus clouds making a great skyscape above the pub. :oldsmile:

2067263359_HAdleighKH30July.thumb.jpg.24c7d8bdf779fadf1d198d1dffe0356e.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Another day, another great sunset.

8B31A59A-B2EB-4EC0-976E-D7976F4D4506.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Was meant to be a max of 23c here on the coast today and hit 27.4c

Dipped down to 19c an hour or so ago, now rising again - currently 21.1c. Going to be a hot one!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I prefer summer to winter now, long hours of daylight✔️ bbq evenings✔️ vitamin d✔️alfresco dining✔️❌

• Like 3

Posted

Well yesterday was hot, today’s gonna be hotter, but I’m just gonna say........WE ARE IN THE ZONE, which means nothing will happen, but :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

A low of 14C last night, so surprisingly cool considering what might happen today. Beautiful clear skies though with the sun getting to work.

As for the highs

arpegeuk-41-14-0.png?31-05

The chance of some scattered elevated showers/thunderstorms this evening, no guarantees on that though.

The weekend looks fairly warm, albeit cooler with a few scattered showers possible on both days, but most will stay dry.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Well yesterday was hot, today’s gonna be hotter, but I’m just gonna say........WE ARE IN THE ZONE, which means nothing will happen, but :yahoo:

A day at Toft Monks beckons!:shok:

Posted

If you get the action at the Toft of the Monks, gis a holla. We can be there in half hour :oldgood: I suspect it will be a non event, or knowing our luck, get close, jump over the shield and continue to the north Norfolk coast! But as they say, you’ve gotta have hope :olddb:

• Like 2

Posted

Just been out for a walk and was sweating more than walking in the midday sun yesterday. It’s going to be a warm one - though it’s cool in the house (for now) as a nice breeze is flowing through. 

Although I’m really not a hot lover I’m always excited by extremes. And as this is a 24 hour affair I can put up with that. Some extreme temps may well be recorded today....let’s hope I’m saying the same in 6 months 

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 2

Posted

What a beautiful morning. and 25.9c at 9am means i think we are in for a scorcher.

• Like 1

Posted

I thought it was warm last night. i have just looked at our local met office official measuring site at Kenley airfield, which is about 1.5miles from me, and the lowest it got down to was 19c at 1am, and by 2am, the wind had moved into the SE and the temp went up a degree, and by 4am it was 21c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
1 hour ago, Djdazzle said:

Shoreham Airport showing 26C. Warmest uppers are still moving in.

27c at 9am always seems the warmest part of the country early in the morning 

Posted
Just now, Freeze said:

27c at 9am always seems the warmest part of the country early in the morning 

True. It’s been overtaken by Heathrow now. Surprise, surprise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
2 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

True. It’s been overtaken by Heathrow now. Surprise, surprise!

We all knew that’d happen I’m right on the coast