Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Yes its topped out a very nice summers day. Now that strange lump of cloud has gone. Temps up to 22C. Hope there is more to come. Jolly good health to everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Flying ants are going crazy! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Ha ha, we've got them as well, had to come inside as they were getting everywhere.!!!. Birds are having a feeding fest at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
4 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Any idea as to how hot it's likely to get next weekend?

Don’t Jinx it . Looking at the charts I’m going to say 29c but that’s putting a finger in the air .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Not a bad day in all with a sunny start followed by cloud, some patchy rain is due here later,high here so far of 21.6c, not to humid either showing at 43% with a light breeze, Looks like we're back in for another decent spell of weather coming up but no heatwave with temps in the low to mid 20's, a little bit of rain thrown in would be nice though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
16 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Don’t Jinx it . Looking at the charts I’m going to say 29c but that’s putting a finger in the air .

I don't want it to get much above that!

Posted

Yesterday was sunny to start but clouded over as the day went on and felt really humid. This morning the humidity feels worse after the overnight rain. Walking dogs at 7am and I was soaked after 5 minutes and not from any rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Some useful rain came through the Region overnight giving 5mm here, but from the radar image for midnight it looks like some places had more than that:

Midnight: 1937157712_Radar00.0014July.thumb.jpg.8f2c4859f5bfb6a6db7cfb372992c3ab.jpg

Already brightening up here and the satellite image shows some clearer slots moving south so hopefully some reasonable bright/sunny spells to come over the next few hours, with the east of the Region looking best placed:

08.15: 2021727809_Satellite14July08_15.thumb.jpg.46af93b73024c564054b3ef62b960698.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

After damp and muggy start things have brightened up this p.m with the sun making the odd apperance, current temp here of 19.2c along with a light breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Not a bad day here to be honest. Sunny spells this morning, cloudy middle of the day, but sunny spells again late afternoon that pushed the temp up to a high of 21.3C at 16.00.

• Like 2

Posted

I may be going against the grain here but this is one of my favourites summers. As someone who doesn’t deal with heat that well it’s been great. Plus really I think we have had great weather since early April IMO - albeit the last month has been cloudier with a little rain here and there.

I walk a few hours every day and have only had to put on my waterproofs 3 times in 3.5 months. And I’ve only changed shorts for trousers about the same amount of times. Cool nights and good sleeps. What’s not to love. 

I appreciate if you love hot hot weather this summer has been frustrating but it’ll come. I predict August to be a scorcher. We’ll see

• Like 6

Posted

Beautiful morning once again in the capital. Sunny spells, and a fresh 15c. Only going up to 19/20c today, cloudy. Ideal for outdoor working. Lovely. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What a splendid start to the days it's been, in these here parts: 17-18C and quite sunny, so far... It'll nae last too long, I suspect!:oldlaugh:

• Like 1

Posted

Dull with Patchy rain here and feeling quite humid with it, temp currently 15.0c.

Posted

Quite fed up of the mediocre weather to be honest. I'm not a fan of heatwaves, but I also hate dull, dark  summer days with drizzle. And my allotment is in need of  some sunny days.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

Quite fed up of the mediocre weather to be honest. I'm not a fan of heatwaves, but I also hate dull, dark  summer days with drizzle. And my allotment is in need of  some sunny days.

Same here I only seem to be complaining on this forum think weather is making me grouchy.  

Growth has really slowed down in my garden it is frustrating the temps are OK and it’s pretty dry, so it is useable weather but the grey skies really do not put you in a good head space. 

Posted

Here at Pagham, we are suffering from lack of rain - brown patches on lawns, village pond in a desperate state drying up. Now we are approaching the traditional late July/early August peak time of year for thunder, any sign of any major thundery activity coming up? Haven't had thunder here since April. 

Posted

It's so dark here this morning that it feels more like october apart from the mild temp and humidity. No real sign of any substantial rain for those who need it, luckily my area has not had it to bad recently, although Very little rain here in the forecast for a while by the looks of it.

Posted

Got soaked by that horrible heavy drizzle stuff that sticks to you yesterday evening whilst out dog walking. This morning is dull, grey and less heavy drizzle in the breeze.

Posted

Blimey I thought things were supposed to brighten up today . I actually saw the sun more yesterday! Still hopefully the Sun makes an appearance and I see the Met Office has a maximum of 28c for tomorrow which would be welcome .

Posted

I know the temps are not that high today but the humidity is making it feel quite a bit warmer. Tomorrow summer returns for a day.

Posted

Sun is finally putting in an appearance.

• Like 2

Posted

I can confirm the sun has made an appearance here resulting in a temp of 21.4.c.