Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Been on and off showers here all day, some heavy, most nuisance value, particularly as today was the one day I didn’t want rain, as was finishing off flooring, so dust everywhere from cutting floor boards! Typical. Still it’s cooling down, so I’ll take it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Not one shower here today, one the front finally cleared, early afternoon. Been nice but blowy. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

After a good drop of rain yesreday the weather has a much fresher feel this morning with a nippy breeze and some low cloud here, what a difference from a couple of days ago, house much cooler as well.

Posted

I can do cool, rain and cloud, but i can't stand the wind. Nightmare for the garden (especially the hanging baskets!  ) Looks like it may settle down as the week into following progresses. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

My garden is very disappointed with the amount of rainfall here over the last couple of days. The thundery breakdown on Friday gave me one rumble of thunder in the distance and 2mm of rain. Saturday's blustery showers missed me and gave just 0.2mm. Today unlikely to give much either. And as Mark B says above, the blustery wind is causing havoc in the garden, especially with my hollyhocks, some of which are 7 foot tall now and in grave danger!  

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Those hollyhocks are lovely plants Blessed but do suffer in the wind due there height, Hopefully your garden will get a good watering in the coming week. it's been fairly wet here in the past two days so iv'e put the old hose away for now, just started rain again as i type.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Happy today, much fresher feel. Still plenty of sunshine but decent temps. The storm Early Friday hours filled the water butts, and the lawn is looking good. No need to do the watering tonight. Have a good brew instead. Good health to you all.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

It rained cats and dogs in London about an hour ago. Wet, windy & relatively cool, and as much as I enjoy summer heat, I'm loving the cooler weather at the moment. The ups and downs of summer are better than a whole season of the same weather. ?️

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 2

Posted

A Dull start to Monday Morning, we are having a light shower of rain here at the moment. Looking at the radar it looks like it will soon pass. I Do hope so, my good wife has put the washing out on the line already. Good Health to you all.

• Like 3

Posted

Even windier today, gone from the height of summer temps to mid autumn in a matter of days, too hot, too cold, too dry, too wet, too windy, one thing our weathers not and that is boring!!

• Like 2

Posted

What a difference 72 odd hours makes, I would say today is sunny intervals (at a push), local weather station is at the dizzy heights of 17.2c at 1pm with 32mph gusts. 

• Like 1

Posted

What another Autumn morning in June here. 17c and drizzle with low cloud. Im pinning my hopes on a dazzling September. Good Health to you all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Just because it's cloudy and slightly cooler than average it doesn't make it feel like an Autumn day...maybe it does! as other than last year most Septembers and Octobers have felt partly like summer months  as we know our autumns fall between November and February now days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Currently 15.5 degrees with steady rain-looks set in here till mid afternoon but good for the gardens☔

Posted

14.9c here so far, been raining since just before 9am, but stopped around 12.30 - although it looks like we could get more in an hour or so. 

Posted

Well, after yesterday's wind today did not turn out to bad, a little bit rain here earlier and temps topping out in Boxmoor at 17.0c but thats just what the garden needed,all looking rather green and lush.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Dry here all day, apart from a few drops earlier.  Sounds as though we're going back to drought conditions in July, just as happened last year.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Monday was dreadful, yesterday turned out quite nice by the afternoon with less breeze and some pleasant warm sunshine, I'm always galavanised into action if the sun's shining but miserable grey skies just brings out the duvet in me!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any description.

Looks like a reasonable day for those of us South of London, much better than yesterday's drizzle. Compared to the rest of the country the forecast for the South East in next few days doesn't look too bad. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I was hoping for rather more sunshine today than has turned out. A few reasonable sunny spells this morning pushed the temp up to 21.2C at 11.20, but the infill from the cumulus has now given a good 95% cloud cover this pm and the temp has dropped off a degree. On the bright side, at least the awful gusty wind has gone.

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy shower here early afternoon with some gusty winds, otherwise not to bad with a high of 20.0c and currently temps falling back to18.3c.