Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

not expecting a storm here, but went to The Great Stour in Canterbury which was nice 

The cumulus clouds on the right were the only cumulus clouds I could see in the sky in all directions 

37.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
19 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

No storms forecast for the SE this eve/tonight. But never say never, there are sometimes surprises. 

There's a shower coming up from France now but doesn't look electrified. 

Not going to hold my breath .....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Excitement over, back to sunny skies. The temperature holding up around 28c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Abandon hope all ye who enter Norfolk and Suffolk. 

I'd have had more interesting skies if I'd toddled after some nimbostratus...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Yet another hot spell that hasn't ended with widespread storms. 

We'll probably get more convective activity from tomorrow's Atlantic driven sunshine & showers! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
3 hours ago, Darkcloud said:

Loved waking up to a storm at 5am, hearing the rain coming down and counting the seconds from flash to bang! Expected it to feel a little cooler today but nope, humidity high and 28.7C at the moment.

A lovely freshening wind just starting to pick up now.

Glad you said that because I had this vague memory of hearing rain in the night (maybe woken by thunder without realising?!) but hubby was convinced there was no rain and dry as a bone this morning! So I wasn't going mad, lol!

Just started raining again here near Epsom, quite a sudden change from blue skies to cloudy then rain! At least I don't have the water the garden tonight and the plants always prefer the good stuff from the sky over the hose!! Meto forecasting more early hours through to late morning xx

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Rain just started here along with a very notable drop in temperatures and humidity.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well, finally after a wait of over 2 years, a storm rolled in around 4am, some very impressive lightning strikes, and a couple of shotgun cannon booms, capped off a wonderful, wonderful evening, as my boy's finally got the premier league champions status

• Like 1

Posted

Hottest day of this so called “heatwave” here 30.2C, peaked very early mind 1pm so it could have been a few degrees higher in different circumstances. Also most uncomfortable day, I had a terrible night sleep I only managed 2 hours I still feel quite nauseous. Revolting humidity and when inside is >28C it is unbearable without AC, in last hour the weather has turned clouded over and feeling a lot fresher, with that strengthening SSW wind. Hallelujah. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

A bit of rain here, not heavy but light. 

Posted
19 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Hottest day of this so called “heatwave” here 30.2C, peaked very early mind 1pm so it could have been a few degrees higher in different circumstances. Also most uncomfortable day, I had a terrible night sleep I only managed 2 hours I still feel quite nauseous. Revolting humidity and when inside is >28C it is unbearable without AC, in last hour the weather has turned clouded over and feeling a lot fresher, with that strengthening SSW wind. Hallelujah. 

Yesi noticed this too about to rain here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Top temp here of 30.2c down from yesterday's 32.4c, falling away now at 26.4c,and that rain is just passing to the east of my location witch brings an end to our mini heatwave, will look forward to some cooler nights for the time being. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Temp down to 22°C now.. Ahh lovely.. keep dropping please!

• Like 2

Posted

Down to 16.9C now. Amazing contrast to this time last night when it was 26.5. A much fresher feel which is great!

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Rain just started here along with a very notable drop in temperatures and humidity.

Indeed, quite a shock to the system walking the dog in hot weather gear after the rain came through. A lot of neighbours had just got barbies on the go - the sign of a true weather nut that I was disappointed the smell of petrichor was overwhelmed with the aroma of damped-down coals! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Blimey, very unexpected bright flash of lightning and crack of thunder nr East Dereham!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
12 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Blimey, very unexpected bright flash of lightning and crack of thunder nr East Dereham!

Kent clipper jumped us and became a Norfolk clipper lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

That band of rain has just moved through here leaving a current temp of 15.2c, my fan is now blowing cool air around rather than warm air.

• Like 2

Posted

We'll the fresher air has duly arrived, yesterday at 11am it was 27.3c and today 16.3c. The garden is also getting a nice soaking at present, so it does actually feel like a normal British summer. It was also bound to turn changeable as soon as they announced the return of Test Cricket with England would play the West Indies in early July.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales

Windy and cloudy as per normal now after the last couple of days,a few showers earlier but nothing of any significance.Fairly standard offerings coming up in the next week or two.