Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Well, some action on the radar starting to show up leaving France, will it build or fizzle out or just miss us? some interesting radar watching coming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Looks to be weakening just a heavy band of rain. 

Gone of the White echoes over france. Usual stuff 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
8 hours ago, h2005__uk__ said:

Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk are again struggling to reach 30C and I doubt they will, looking at the 1pm/2pm temps.

Cavendish (Suffolk) and Writtle (Essex) are often among the hottest places.

Why have they missed out on the peak of the heat this week? Is it because the winds have been E/SE rather than S/SW?

I doubt if we got anywhere near it tbh, didn't feel as hot as yesterday (mind you, I love the heat!) even with less of an onshore breeze/gale. My outdoor thermometer was struggling to reach 24C at 2pm

Posted
5 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

I doubt if we got anywhere near it tbh, didn't feel as hot as yesterday (mind you, I love the heat!) even with less of an onshore breeze/gale. My outdoor thermometer was struggling to reach 24C at 2pm

The highest in the East was Lakenheath which squeezed exactly 30.0C out of the heat. Most others didn't get above 29C.

Looks hopeful for tomorrow due to the wind being more southerly, as mentioned above, but it depends on cloud cover due to storms bubbling up.

Posted
24 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

If we avoid the storms, good chance of 31-32 tomorrow in Essex / Suffolk.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Feels like it's getting hotter. If I didn't know what time of year it was and you told me my radiators were on full blast,  I'd believe you.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Feels like it's getting hotter. If I didn't know what time of year it was and you told me my radiators were on full blast,  I'd believe you.

Maybe they are? Lol I say this as I put the hot water on this morning and my radiators came on upstairs! On the hottest day of the year. Wasn’t impressed. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Well that was odd....sitting outside in a very still, humid 21C and I heard a rushing noise, as it got closer I realised it was wind, and a chilly wind at that! Temp dropped to 17C and after about 10 minutes it was silent and still again!

Keep searching the sky for lightening but none yet...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

I've just been awoken to a lovely little storm here, with bright white/pink flashes, rolling thunder and rain thats at least torrential on my scale!! 

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely pink C-C that spanned across a good portion of the sky just then!!

Posted

Woken at 5am by the downdraft ahead of the approaching storm. Went from no wind to crazy and back again in a couple of minutes. Can now hear rumbles in the Channel

Posted

Well what a pleasant surprise that turned out to be!

I was awoken at around 04:30 by the steady torrential rain pounding against the conservatory roof outside my bedroom window; I was easily awoken, as it was a rather shallow sleep anyway because of the soupy heat. Before the first c-c bolt tore it's way across the sky, I just assumed it was the blob of moderate-heavy rainfall that was in the channel. I was certainly happy to be proved wrong!

After about 20 seconds of looking out of the window blurry eyes, a huge pink C-C bolt struck overhead. The resulting thunder came in strong, rolling booms. It was my favourite kind of thunder, elevated! The sky was a rather unusual pink-yellow hue as the heaviest of the rain fell. The closest strike happened at approximately 04:55, when a C-C bolt was so close and bright you could see the individual small sparks on it! After this point the rain slowly began to ease, as the core of the storm drifted slowly to the ENE.

As the rain came to a stop completely, I was treated to the unobscured view of a mixture of C-C and CG bolts, most of them a pink/white hue. Thrown in amongst these strikes was the occasional breathtaking anvil-crawler. The storm slowly rumbled away, closing the curtains on a surprisingly... hot 2-day hot spell, in the best way possible! Fingers crossed for more this convective season, and to everyone who has painfully missed out so far: No need to worry! Your time will come eventually! Have a good day everyone  

8BBE58BB-B99A-4567-B9B7-0B8AB0524111.jpeg

FD7E5420-33F9-47C8-98F4-FCB40B322D01.jpeg

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 7

Posted

I woke up about half hour ago thinking I had left the air con running due to the noise, it was the rain lashing down. Looked out the window and thought it’s going to go bang any minute. Well it certainly has here in ashford.

Edited by k66yla

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Lions share to the East of me here in Tonbridge sadly but have seen a couple of decent flashes

Posted

My report is no where near as eloquently written as LL above...very nicely put ^^

Was awoken at 5:30ish by lots of lightning and really deep growling thunder that rolled on for a while. It’s slower now but the much needed rain is still coming down nicely.

Enjoy our last true day of summer before it breaks down for a while. 

Edited by Coopsy
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It's been a long wait and watching the distant flashes of lightning to my west for much of the night my patience finally paid off around 5am. At long last a decent thunderstorm right overhead here in St Leaonards on Sea.

Edited by SenlacJack
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Early sunshine gone now as this cloud (associated with the storms further SE) moves through. Just a few spots of rain except tee. The models suggesting some thunderstorms will break out more widely across the west of the region and move north east. Considering 30c is still expected they could pack a punch.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The rain is mental at times here, hearing the odd rumble. 

• Like 3

Posted

Didn’t drop below 21 in my garden for the 2nd night I’m a row. Supposed to reach 23 on met office app for me today and 21 on bbc app it’s already 23 so I think they have that wrong. I recon it will get up to at least 25 here today 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Already a sweaty 19C here... Dry too, but very disturbed-looking clouds are slowly edging in from SSW. Is it even possible that the ToD will actually see some action...?:gathering::shok: