Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

My own station is showing 31.6.c at the moment equalling yeserday's high in my location with humidity dropping to 32%. Something brewing west of Paris heading our way or is that wishful thinking.!!

Edited by thunderpants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Looks like we have maxed out here at 30.4c, a tougher higher than yesterday and 31c recorded down the road in Cambridge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Some of you youngsters may not remember the june of 76 including Wimbledon88 where the tarmac used to bubble up and fires used to start on common due to bits of glass magnifying in the sun, that was our excuse. Vinnie J was a neighbour , remember 88 F.A CUP with Vinnie dedicating his medal to the boys at the Venture PUB in Adeyfield Hemel good old days. Oh and by the way it's just hit 32.1c here.

Edited by thunderpants
  • Like 3

Posted

we've hit a new 2020 max temp, as we've just scrapped past yesterdays 30.8c to hit 30.9c.

Posted

Good ol Hemel Hempstead, grew up there, woodhall farm area, in the 80s, went to grove hill (as it was then, changed its name since) school. 

weather related, hot, sunny and I’ve got the headache from hell

• Like 1

Posted

Superb!! Not your headache i mean.

Edited by thunderpants
  • Like 1

Posted

Perfect rinse and repeat, hit 29.7c at 4pm, now showing 29.3. 

Lets hope for some nice storms now! Every forecast seems to wildly vary, so lets see what happens!

• Like 1

Posted

Well, it looks like Heathrow will be top spot again with the highest temperature in the UK, so far at 33.3, after yesterdays 32.6, as I have said before, it is  very common for Heathrow to record the highest temperature in the UK, being far from the sea and with an eastsoutheast wind the short sea crossing from the channel, also the city of  London to the east, provides an extra source of heat, there is also a light breeze, this means other places like Bournemouth and Southhampton picking up the sea breezes will be prevented from registering the the highest temperature in this setup.

Gender Male, Location Batersea, London.

Posted

Maxed out at here at 32.4, not bad at all with humidity at just 29%, feels quite continental outside, horrible inside though!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It has not yet reached 30 Celsius in South Ockendon.  The temperature in the shade is 29 Celsius.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Was expecting a cool down tomorrow but seems like another hot day to come for parts of the region.

Models suggesting high 20s, Met Office latest forecast going for 31°C for London. 

fri4.thumb.png.ba0d92134ff87d366556365b99fba084.png

• Like 2

Posted

30.3c here in the end, at around 2.40pm again.

Currently 28.7c, a bit breezy, unbroken sunshine.

There’s a storm south of Rouen but don’t think it’s coming this way sadly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hard to really tell what the weather is going to be like tomorrow. Honestly I am not really fancying our chances in terms of storms, on the flip side the models have tending to increase maximum temperatures for tomorrow.

Arpege (This does show showers moving in late afternoon across the north of the region).

image.thumb.png.45e02ae1039599fdd7e427e545aaaad9.png

Could easily reach the low thirties again tomorrow, the focus being north of London, but more eastern parts will get in on the heat as the winds veer southerly.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

The heat can go and do one if there's no storm as a pay off.

Melting here, got a headache...

And grumpy!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Well off topic but i just got called a tw*t on some severe weather facebook page for correcting someone on the definition of a tornado. Weird how people react to stuff!

Anyway heres hoping for a storm at some point over the next two hours. I don't really like first thing in the morning set ups but ill remain open minded. Its the first time this years that its felt really sweltering. 

Posted

Doubt very very much you'll see a storm in the next 2 hours john90, but you never know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
1 minute ago, thunderpants said:

Doubt very very much you'll see a storm in the next 2 hours john90, but you never know.

That was supposed to be 24 hours.  I think the heat has got to me!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Went to Hythe today and the beach was packed but many people were keeping their distance. I did get a nice picture though whilst going over the bridge to the park

36.jpg

• Like 8

Evening All,

Been a long time since I posted on here I hope everyone is well . Being a storm lover in summer I do hope it goes bang later tonight I love night time lightening.

Felt really hot here in Walthamstow today but there's a nice breeze out there now.

There are also few more echos now beginning to show over northern France on the radar.hope these are the start of some big storms that will cross the channel and head for us later.

Wishing you all a lovely evening.

take care

regards

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Strike New Romney and east of Canterbury? According to Lightning Maps